• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
Just when I'm finally getting a company phone and they're buying me an S4. All these years I've upgraded well behind the curve because screw these contracts and now things are finally getting good when I don't need it anymore. Fuck.

U2NUMB

Certainly gonna keep my eye on it... any good videos of the UI? Maybe I am missing it in the OP but I did not see one.

Bravocado

If this thing launches successfully and turns out to be a legit contender at an insane price, I know what I'll be getting when my GS4 eventually kicks the bucket.

Rafy

Certainly gonna keep my eye on it... any good videos of the UI? Maybe I am missing it in the OP but I did not see one.

All the units have the stock interface right now, also just added 2 comparison videos in the OP(note 3,S5)
We hopefully see the new UI when they send the review units. These are not the final units!

Rafy, put this camera comparison link in OP, its much more informative than phonearena link
http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_one_4k_video_sample_is_out_gets_compared_with_a_dslr-news-8332.php
Thanks, will do

EDIT: Added the Note 3 vs OnePlus One video and the better link for the camera comparison.

Chairhome

I may be reading this wrong but I think it may not be fully compatible with TMobile bands.

TMO, Jump on this shit, now!!

I need confirmation on this... planning on getting this for my wife around Mother's day. :/

EDIT: It works on T-mobile :-D
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2456853,00.asp
With specs similar to the Samsung Galaxy S5, a price under $300 unlocked, and LTE on the AT&T and T-Mobile networks, the OnePlus One could shock the entire Android market.

jaosobno

So, this June, I'm going go to USA for 2 weeks. What are my chances of grabbing one there (I live in EU, but in an unsupported country so I'm not sure whether Amazon UK/DE will want do deliver)?

I just checked the official site and I still don't get how will they distribute the phones. Will I be able to walk in the store to buy one or is it just carrier contract/order from website distribution?

Also this whole invitation-purchase business makes me think that the initial supply will be very scarce.

P.S. Is this thing compatible with EU carriers? It seems to cover European bands...

Rafy

It's not compatible with Verizon, it has no CDMA radio
My bad, got confused with T-Mobile.

Awesome. Also it runs the google play store right? Since it's built on android?

Wait really? :(

No nexus and no this?
Sorry, looks like I made a mistake, I was thinking of T-Mobile

Yes, comes with GApps pre-installed.

So, this June, I'm going go to USA for 2 weeks. What are my chances of grabbing one there (I live in EU, but in an unsupported country so I'm not sure whether Amazon UK/DE will want do deliver)?

I just checked the official site and I still don't get how will they distribute the phones. Will I be able to walk in the store to buy one or is it just carrier contract/order from website distribution?

Also this whole invitation-purchase business makes me think that the initial supply will be very scarce.

P.S. Is this thing compatible with EU carriers? It seems to cover European bands...

you can order from their website but has an invite system, I don't know how it will be in June. Why would you buy it in the states since it's also launching in Europe? Yes it covers EU bands.

OnePlus One vs Oppo Find7a added in the OP

darkwing

wow this thing absolutely kills the S5, M8, Z2, G3, I mean you can buy 2 of these and you still have some change left over compared to other phones lol

jaosobno

you can order from their website but has an invite system, I don't know how it will be in June. Why would you buy it in the states since it's also launching in Europe? Yes it covers EU bands.

OnePlus One vs Oppo Find7a added in the OP

Well, I would like to buy it there since €269 = $372 (as opposed to $299 that is official US price for 16GB model).

Also, I'm not sure whether Amazon (or other shops) will want to deliver to unsupported countries.

TheContact

Argh I hate the power button being on the side! Why do they think that's a good idea? MY s4 is like this and it's annoying. The top is such a better spot

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Argh I hate the power button being on the side! Why do they think that's a good idea? MY s4 is like this and it's annoying. The top is such a better spot

it's a large phone, so it's much more sensible to but the power button on the side since that's where your fingers naturally sit

Rafy

It has wake on double tap and voice, so I doubt you will be using it frequently.

it's a large phone, so it's much more sensible to but the power button on the side since that's where your fingers naturally sit
also this ^

DieH@rd

Banned
I still cant believe that they are pricing this 269€. Absolutely destroys high end competition with minimal compromises [no fancy speaker, no heartbeat sensor, but I have no use to those things].

If they manage before end of August to put it general free sale, I will be very tempted to get one.

Love it but will it work on T-Mobile? Have 0 interest paying $80-100+ for a monthly bill

trixx

Oh wow this the entire package sounds too good. I'd buy but I'm not really in the need for upgrading my phone. Might have to get 2 for parents. Fantastic price.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
quick Q: how good in the water proofing and scratch/drop proofing on this thing compared to samsung and sony's best/latest offerings? I'm a sucker for impervious phones

asdad123

still I don't quite understand how the invitation works... I'd love to buy one since I just lose my beloved S2

I'm guessing they dont want to oversell and get a bunch of pissed off customers with delayed orders (remember the nexus 4 fiasco with Google).

I'm hoping they send out emails to people who subscribed in waves of when they subscribed allowing them to buy the phone.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I way too big, but once I tired of my Nexus 4, this will be my brand. Amazing price.

Edit: Oh, won't work on T-Mobile? :-(

reKon

Banned
Holy fuck at that price and what you're getting for it. Just wow. They should have made a 4.8 version of the same design. If they did and put in 2 gigs of ram, I would not give a shit.

Edit: what no T-Mobile? That definitely doesn't sound right

88random

I'm definitely in on this phone. I'm currently stuck with Asha 302, sad experience... At least the battery life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom