• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Dating |OT| Please Respond

Question: Is it cool for an 18 year old college guy to get in on online dating?

I'm pretty bad at going up to people and starting conversation because I always feel as though I'm being a bit rude and inconsiderate. I'm going to start going to at least a club next week, but is there any reason I shouldn't be on these sites or no? My biggest fear is running into some chicks I went into High School on there.

Salamando

Question: Is it cool for an 18 year old college guy to get in on online dating?

I'm pretty bad at going up to people and starting conversation because I always feel as though I'm being a bit rude and inconsiderate. I'm going to start going to at least a club next week, but is there any reason I shouldn't be on these sites or no? My biggest fear is running into some chicks I went into High School on there.

Honestly, I'd work on your in-person gme before going online. You want to have as many options in your dating toolkit as possible, so that you're meeting as many women (or men) as possible. If you start with online dating, you might be less motivated to meet people in real life. And if you suck at online dating, then it can easily chip away at your self-esteem.

Don't worry about running into people you know. The only people who'll know are people on online dating as well, and they obviously don't have room to talk.

Jhoan

The first girl i met was an inch taller than me. Im sure she was disappointed.

Oh man, sitting across from each other was my plan over coffee. Dont do this? What about a board game cafe? What other options are out there for a first date?
What?! Get out! I know it's standards and stuff but a 1 inch difference is barely nothing. It sounds like it's all in your head man since the more dates you go on, the more experience you get and learn about yourself. How did that end up going?

Go with whatever feels comfortable but I would say to do coffee to start off then go to a park or walk around so you guys don't stay in the same place since it will get boring. I usually like to do parks but as it starts to get chillier, I'll suggest indoors stuff. Board game cafes are hit or miss in my experience unless it's popular stuff such as Connect Four, Sorry, and Uno. If she's big into board games, then there you go. Keep it cheap, light, and focus on conversation. I'm sure your neck of the woods must have a bunch of free events to do e.g. festivals. Anything but movies or museums where the focus is on visual stuff most of the time. With parks, you can sit at a bench side by side, get close, and talk.

The Dating-Age OP has a good TED talk on 10 tips to make one a better conversationalist by the way.

@Captainbojanglesiii, when I was 18, I was awkward as sin and scared of girls even when trying online dating websites back then and this was nearly 10 years ago. If my 18 year old self had the experience and knowledge that I have today, I would have been a completely different person. Definitely get involved with clubs/student organizations, attend college events, work on improving your interpersonal skills as Salamando pointed out.

If you want to jump into online dating, you can but given that you're probably a freshman in college, you're bound to make new friends and acquaintances through your program. Basically do stuff outside of your comfort zone and you'll get better over time. If it scares you, it means that it's a good thing to quote Seth Godin. I've ran into girls on online dating services but it wasn't a big deal as I wouldn't see what the problem is. Post-high school, people mind their own business as I'm sure you'll eventually outgrow the high school stuff.

^ Thanks man.

Yeah, well, it may have been in my head, I dont know. We talked long enough but that was it. Truth is she's about 2 cities away from me (GTA), but we met at a university. She goes to University close to me, so she travels pretty far everyday to go to school.

I really need to do some research on what's good around town. I'm a nervous driver, so I dont really like taking the car out. The idea of talking and driving doesnt sound like a good combination to me. I dont even play the radio when I drive.

Ill figure it out, thanks

Honestly, I'd work on your in-person gme before going online. You want to have as many options in your dating toolkit as possible, so that you're meeting as many women (or men) as possible. If you start with online dating, you might be less motivated to meet people in real life. And if you suck at online dating, then it can easily chip away at your self-esteem.

Don't worry about running into people you know. The only people who'll know are people on online dating as well, and they obviously don't have room to talk.

What?! Get out! I know it's standards and stuff but a 1 inch difference is barely nothing. It sounds like it's all in your head man since the more dates you go on, the more experience you get and learn about yourself. How did that end up going?

Go with whatever feels comfortable but I would say to do coffee to start off then go to a park or walk around so you guys don't stay in the same place since it will get boring. I usually like to do parks but as it starts to get chillier, I'll suggest indoors stuff. Board game cafes are hit or miss in my experience unless it's popular stuff such as Connecticut Four, Sorry, and Uno. If she's big into board games, then there you go. Keep it cheap, light, and focus on conversation. I'm sure your neck of the woods must have a bunch of free events to do e.g. festivals. Anything but movies or museums where the focus is on visual stuff most of the time. With parks, you can sit at a bench side by side, get close, and talk.

The Dating-Age OP has a good TED talk on 10 tips to make one a better conversationalist by the way.

@Captainbojanglesiii, when I was 18, I was awkward as sin and scared of girls even when trying online dating websites back then and this was nearly 10 years ago. If my 18 year old self had the experience and knowledge that I have today, I would have been a completely different person. Definitely get involved with clubs/student organizations, attend college events, work on improving your interpersonal skills as Salamando pointed out.

If you want to jump into online dating, you can but given that you're probably a freshman in college, you're bound to make new friends and acquaintances through your program. Basically do stuff outside of your comfort zone and you'll get better over time. If it scares you, it means that it's a good thing to quote Seth Godin. I've ran into girls on online dating services but it wasn't a big deal as I wouldn't see what the problem is. Post-high school, people mind their own business as I'm sure you'll eventually outgrow the high school stuff.

Alright, cool. Thanks guys. I'm gonna hold off for now.

JDHarbs

Online dating really sucks at 23. Girls younger than you are still in school which is halfway across the state where I live, and very few older girls have interest in younger guys. What's left is a very small pool to choose from. Not an ideal situation for someone like myself who needs more dating experience and trying to get over the last one I had.

Been a month now since the internship girl thing ended. Having that time off of work as well has helped give me time to gain some perspective and start learning from my mistakes.

I was too attached to the idea of her from the start. Over the years, I had imagined in my head what my ideal girl would be like and she fit about 95% of it. Everything from her looks to her interests to her history, etc. It was creepy. Really creepy. Like someone had reached into my head and pulled this girl out of it. Even my damn Fallout 4 character looked like her. The more I learned about her, the more she fit the bill and she actually had a mutual interest in me as well. A normal person would've taken this as an awesome coincidence, but someone like myself who had no real dating experience before took it as some kind of sign that she was the one before I had even met her. My head tried it's best to keep me detached, but my heart was convinced she was it so that made me torn and indecisive. It was a recipe for disaster especially since I only had a short amount of time to make a good impression before she left town again. I loved our first two dates, but the next two were a struggle as that deadline was getting closer. I knew if I struggled waiting 2 months for her, then there was no way I was going to make it an entire school year as well. I got really discouraged from trying towards the end which made her lose interest as well. By the end of the last date she seemed like she just wanted me to leave, but was too nice to say anything and just told me what I wanted to hear to avoid a negative situation. I doubt she'll see me when she gets back like she said, but its difficult to move on when I'm being teased like that.

I've had my share of good days and bad days dealing with it since then. The sane side of me knows that she wasn't it while the stupid side of me thinks this is going to haunt me forever. I figured meeting other girls would help, but I only got one match who eventually ghosted me. More rejection isn't what I need right now so I disabled my accounts and took a break for awhile. I've been trying to go out more and make plans with friends to improve my conversation skills. Work should start back up soon too which will help me focus on other things.

tl;dr

don't be me

OK, so Im talking to this other girl (I somehow managed to talk to 3 girls at once who are all attractive, after not getting any hits on tinder for a while...All I did was cut my bio into a single snarky line and update the app.).

Anyways, this one girl and I are sending really long messages to each other. I *think* she's into me, but she may just enjoy chatting and texting away. I want to shorten things out of fear it will leave us nothing to talk about for when we do meet (if we meet).

At this point, Id like to see her, but she's in the city next to me, so it's going to be hard for me to come up with a date idea. She's also really attractive and Im worried my pics are a lot better than what I actually look like. I'm also losing my hair and worried I look bad compared to my pics where I had longer hair. I really hate feeling like Im running out of time and getting old.

gwailo

Banned
You should put up more recent pics. I'm follically challenged myself and did fine online dating. I don't think it's as big of a deal as most guys make it out to be. Your attitude and the way you carry yourself will go a long way versus looks.

Anyway, just ask her out. The longer you go on chatting online, the more likely that's all it will ever be. For date ideas, just keep it simple until you met up and see if she's worth investing more time and money into. Maybe meet her halfway between for drinks/coffee. You can always do more if you hit it off.

tl;dr

don't be me

Perfect real example of why putting a woman on a pedestal is a terrible idea. You'll end up feeling crushed when it inevitably doesn't work out, and you put immense pressure on the woman to live up to these standards.

Almost every guy I know/have known has done this at least once, usually early in their dating escapades.

Just keep focusing on yourself and let go of the idea that this will haunt you forever. And learn to look at rejection in a new light. Check the Dating-Age OP for great resources/books to help shift your perspective!

You should put up more recent pics. I'm follically challenged myself and did fine online dating. I don't think it's as big of a deal as most guys make it out to be. Your attitude and the way you carry yourself will go a long way versus looks.

Anyway, just ask her out. The longer you go on chatting online, the more likely that's all it will ever be. For date ideas, just keep it simple until you met up and see if she's worth investing more time and money into. Maybe meet her halfway between for drinks/coffee. You can always do more if you hit it off.

I guess im worried about talking her head off. Seems like a good plan to do something we can talk about. Im going to look into an art gallery though I dont know much about art

So she disappeared from my tinder and I dont know if she unmatched me or deleted the app. Asked her if she wanted to see me and just waiting for a response. A part of me is worried about getting catfished.

I also wonder if this sounds really horrible of me, but I wonder if I should have agreed to see people I was less interested in just to build up the experience to do well with this date. Usually conversations just feel so 1 dimensional to me despite enthusiasm from both sides, and other times I feel stronger connections with others.

This is one of those times and I feel like Im biting off more than I can chew

As for my pics, I feel they are up to date...ranging from 2-4 years ago lol. I dont take pics or have friends take pics of me. I don't want to take a selfie either.

I feel my hair hasnt changed much. But it's shorter and maybe more bald looking?

So im talking to this girl at length about books and spirituality -- things she's brought up and asked about. I should lighten up the convo right? I feel like I wont know what to say to her in public

gwailo

Banned
Shouldn't really be talking online at length about anything - like for that girl, maybe say you'd like to take her to a bookstore to show her some of the books you're talking about - anything really to move it off the site/app. The longer it goes online the more chances they will have to get bored, flake out, find someone more interesting, etc.

Shouldn't really be talking online at length about anything - like for that girl, maybe say you'd like to take her to a bookstore to show her some of the books you're talking about - anything really to move it off the site/app. The longer it goes online the more chances they will have to get bored, flake out, find someone more interesting, etc.

Yeah im afraid of this. Online dating is so competitive and Im not really top pick material. Not trying t9mo be mopey but Im well aware of my appeal lol

Has anyone else matched with someone out of their league? I dont know what Im doing and am surprised is all.

Edit: she'll see me next week. Im going to have to make sure i dont text the life out of her and yet be present enough that she doesn't forget about me

Should i see this other girl this week out of both interest...and practice?

Jokab

Look, she's talking to you. There are two options here:
1) She's bored and finds you a decent texting partner
2) She thinks you're interesting and wants to go on a date

If 1) is what you want then do nothing. If you're hoping for 2) then you need to ask her to meet. Else you will never find out.

EDIT: I see you asked her out, good. You should get her number to stand out more. Text her once a day or so and you'll be fine.

JDHarbs

Yeah im afraid of this. Online dating is so competitive and Im not really top pick material. Not trying t9mo be mopey but Im well aware of my appeal lol

Has anyone else matched with someone out of their league? I dont know what Im doing and am surprised is all.
You're in the same position I was a few months ago.

You really can't go into this with the mindset that she is out of your league. You'll always think of her as being above you and that will start effecting everything you do eventually.

Edit: she'll see me next week. Im going to have to make sure i dont text the life out of her and yet be present enough that she doesn't forget about me

Should i see this other girl this week out of both interest...and practice?

Stop hating on yourself, embrace your baldness, and don't text so damn much. And go out with both of them and more, if possible. Date as many women as you can. Go out with whoever you think you might connect with, or whoever you find attractive. If it works, awesome. If not, no big deal. Do something easy and cheap for a first date. That's why meeting for coffee is such a good option.

Look, she's talking to you. There are two options here:
1) She's bored and finds you a decent texting partner
2) She thinks you're interesting and wants to go on a date

If 1) is what you want then do nothing. If you're hoping for 2) then you need to ask her to meet. Else you will never find out.

EDIT: I see you asked her out, good. You should get her number to stand out more. Text her once a day or so and you'll be fine.

I do have her number. She wants to meet next week, she's just busy this week.

I havent really said anything flirty yet. Just waiting for a convenient opening. Ive found that some girls would almost bluntly tell me that Im attractive or have a nice smile. I dont want to come off as too friendly, right?

Like, if Im just a text buddy, Ive already lost. I think Im missing the flirty texting here. Im worried Im talking about boring shit despite the fact she's messaging back in detail and inquiring and expanding

Thing is, with some girls, it's much easier to the point where we are sexting

With this girl, our convos have snowballed into long texts, and she gives detailed answers. I like this because it feels meaningful.. but I may just not be reading this right

Stop hating on yourself, embrace your baldness, and don't text so damn much. And go out with both of them and more, if possible. Date as many women as you can. Go out with whoever you think you might connect with, or whoever you find attractive. If it works, awesome. If not, no big deal. Do something easy and cheap for a first date. That's why meeting for coffee is such a good option.

Well at this point that would be false advertising haha. My hair isnt wispy...yet, so Ill stick with it for now. If these girls don't work out, Ill reassess my image

Thanks guys. Talked to a close girl friend who also told me that I shouldnt have asked her out so soon because it's hasty. I guess everyone is different and I just need to hit the right buttons.

Jokab

I do have her number. She wants to meet next week, she's just busy this week.

I havent really said anything flirty yet. Just waiting for a convenient opening. Ive found that some girls would almost bluntly tell me that Im attractive or have a nice smile. I dont want to come off as too friendly, right?

Like, if Im just a text buddy, Ive already lost. I think Im missing the flirty texting here. Im worried Im talking about boring shit despite the fact she's messaging back in detail and inquiring and expanding

Thing is, with some girls, it's much easier to the point where we are sexting

With this girl, our convos have snowballed into long texts, and she gives detailed answers. I like this because it feels meaningful.. but I may just not be reading this right

The nature of your texts can be different depending on what you want. Do you want to smang on first date? Get more playful. Looking for something long-term? Doesn't matter then, take it slow. Save the flirting for the date.

If she starts getting detailed then respond to what she wrote and say you gotta sleep/work/study/work out/hang out with friends or whatever, just cut the conversation. You don't want to write eachother essays before you're established, not to mention before you've even met. It leads to overinvestment, running out of conversation topics on the date, her perhaps thinking you're being friendly, etc. By texting little you leave leeway for the date to be flirty.

The nature of your texts can be different depending on what you want. Do you want to smang on first date? Get more playful. Looking for something long-term? Doesn't matter then, take it slow. Save the flirting for the date.

If she starts getting detailed then respond to what she wrote and say you gotta sleep/work/study/work out/hang out with friends or whatever, just cut the conversation. You don't want to write eachother essays before you're established, not to mention before you've even met. It leads to overinvestment, running out of conversation topics on the date, her perhaps thinking you're being friendly, etc. By texting little you leave leeway for the date to be flirty.

Im interested in something longer term, but Im a bit worried that this is coming off too platonic. Not sure how Im going to initiate something flirty. She seems to say she likes to know someone mentally so maybe she's tired of the same old tinder routine? Anyone can talk and talk on a date, right? She's interested in talking about religion and spirituality (not necessarily theology) and I always thought that was a no no.

Jhoan

That moment where you get a girl's number and realize that she has the same exact name as your one of your nieces down to the spelling. The most hilarious thing is that as I mentioned this to a friend, my brother coincidentally shows up with the aforementioned niece in tow like something straight out of a sitcom/movie.

I'm pretty sure said girl also has the same nickname as said niece so it's going to be hard for me not to bring up that she has her name in person.
Difference is said niece is spoiled and takes after her holier-than-thou mother.

Jhoan

The above date was boring. My energy wasn't there and I didn't find her physically attractive so I cut it short 25 minutes in. Shortest date I've had this year but I don't regret going on it since I wanted to get out of the house and go hit the gym. I moved on from the Jewish stoner girl since I never heard from her again after asking her out.

Just got back on the OKC train after a two year relationship. If anyone can critique my profile, that would be much appreciated. Keep in mind there are no pics, but I do plan on adding some once the text is good to go.

Here you go

So the girl I was intensely texting stopped cold turkey like 3 days ago :/

She said she'd have a busy weekend and we were supposed to meet this week, but Im thinking she's just ghosting me. Is she just afraid to admit she never wanted to meet me? I dont know if I should send a follow up message or just let it go.

Just let it go, you'll never really get closure or a reason for the ghosting.

Why are people like this. I'm not depressed about it or obsessed with her, but it makes me question if I just suck or am just not attractive enough. I guess the competitive nature of dating sites just makes it easy to upgrade to something better.

What a weird thing though. You talk to someone all week and then they disappear.

Jokab

Why are people like this. I'm not depressed about it or obsessed with her, but it makes me question if I just suck or am just not attractive enough. I guess the competitive nature of dating sites just makes it easy to upgrade to something better.

What a weird thing though. You talk to someone all week and then they disappear.

What would you like her to tell you? Reflect on why you want her to tell you that.

Dude it happens. A lot. Yes sometimes it's shitty as fuck. Just stop talking with her and ask her out on a date.

She said she'd have a busy weekend and we were supposed to meet this week, but Im thinking she's just ghosting me. Is she just afraid to admit she never wanted to meet me? I dont know if I should send a follow up message or just let it go.

Why were you intensely texting and not intensely dating?

Why were you intensely texting and not intensely dating?

Dude it happens. A lot. Yes sometimes it's shitty as fuck. Just stop talking with her and ask her out on a date.

She wouldn't stop sending long texts. I tried to breakaway, but she just carried over the conversation. So I just responded and engaged in a convo.

It was going fine. I dont see anything wrong with that. I know people in this thread say to keep texting short but I was going with the flow.

I asked her out last week. A friend of mine said that was a bad idea, but said she was busy all week and that this week she was free and interested. Then she stopped texting like 2-3 days ago. Whatever. I dont see what I did wrong, just seems she lost interest.

She may honestly have been busy all weekend because she had a big event she was planning for, so maybe I'm being impatient.

Jokab

She wouldn't stop sending long texts. I tried to breakaway, but she just carried over the conversation. So I just responded and engaged in a convo.

It was going fine. I dont see anything wrong with that. I know people in this thread say to keep texting short but I was going with the flow.

I asked her out last week. A friend of mine said that was a bad idea, but said she was busy all week and that this week she was free and interested. Then she stopped texting like 2-3 days ago. Whatever. I dont see what I did wrong, just seems she lost interest.

She may honestly have been busy all weekend because she had a big event she was planning for, so maybe I'm being impatient.

For texting too much, you don't need to break off. Just say you're doing something else for a while or just don't text her if she keeps sending long texts.

On the date, it sounds like she never had the intention to go on that date.

I'm not as orthodox as ZackieChan regarding texting (long texting can actually take you to very nice places...) but for something a bit more "normal" it's always good to set dates somewhat quick cause, unless she has a bit of mistrust regarding the whole online dating thing, if she's not willing to go out with you at that moment, the chances that it will change are low.

If you're unsure or whatever, just send her a message. Worst thing will happen is what has happened already. Silence. Just don't be persistent after it.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

There are so many variables at play in people's lives that it's hard to pinpoint exactly why anyone ghosts. Could be: they got back together with an ex, another love interest escalated, they had no intention of ever meeting and just wanted a texting buddy, life is too busy, etc. You should reflect, think if you did something wrong and if you don't think so, move on. Unless there's a pattern you shouldn't dwell on it.

I'm not as orthodox as ZackieChan regarding texting (long texting can actually take you to very nice places...) but for something a bit more "normal" it's always good to set dates somewhat quick (cause, unless she has a bit of mistrust regarding the whole online dating thing, if she's not willing to go out with you at that moment, the chances that it will change are low).

If you're unsure or whatever, just send her a message. Worst thing will happen is what has happened already. Silence. Just don't be persistent after it.

Alrighty. Thanks everyone.

Salamando

Just got back on the OKC train after a two year relationship. If anyone can critique my profile, that would be much appreciated. Keep in mind there are no pics, but I do plan on adding some once the text is good to go.

Your self-summary is just a mess. In the three sentences in your second paragraph, you mention writing in two of them...and the third was just "I have a wide variety of interests"! The irony there is just delicious.

Overall, you should read your profile from top to bottom, checking for things like sentence flow, word variance, and proper grammar.

"Anything" is such a lame answer for favorites. It's boring and tells me nothing about you. Commit to something! Don't be afraid to be a little polarizing in your profile.

Your typical Friday night is too typical - aside from "maybe" playing hockey, you just listed different variations of watching TV. The first post of this thread has advice on this section that's worth listening to.

Hot dogs are totally a sandwich, the split roll being the lynchpin of my argument.

Uzumaki Goku

So I've been debating getting back onto Tinder after my last relationship went south. I've felt like taking time off from dating. When should I get back into it?

gwailo

Banned

Here you go

It's kinda bland. Like 1000000 other guys like watching sports and Netflix. The whole "I like all types of music" is played out. What makes you you? And get good pictures ASAP. Those will trump whatever's on your profile 9 times out of 10.

Your self-summary is just a mess. In the three sentences in your second paragraph, you mention writing in two of them...and the third was just "I have a wide variety of interests"! The irony there is just delicious.

Overall, you should read your profile from top to bottom, checking for things like sentence flow, word variance, and proper grammar.

"Anything" is such a lame answer for favorites. It's boring and tells me nothing about you. Commit to something! Don't be afraid to be a little polarizing in your profile.

Your typical Friday night is too typical - aside from "maybe" playing hockey, you just listed different variations of watching TV. The first post of this thread has advice on this section that's worth listening to.

Hot dogs are totally a sandwich, the split roll being the lynchpin of my argument.

It's kinda bland. Like 1000000 other guys like watching sports and Netflix. The whole "I like all types of music" is played out. What makes you you? And get good pictures ASAP. Those will trump whatever's on your profile 9 times out of 10.

Tried to spruce it up a bit, added some photos.

https://www.okcupid.com/profile/catridingroomba

gwailo

Banned
Bad pictures. Why is your profile picture a group shot with three other guys with smiley faces? Two pictures you can't see your face and the one at the hockey game you're barely visible. The best pic is the selfie but that still has bad lighting, you're wearing dumpy clothes, and not smiling.

jadedm17

Quoting for emphasis ; "Whats makes you you?" is good general advice.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Hey guys. So I decided to take the plunge and give online dating a whirl. I've had an account for a couple weeks but just today worked up the courave to actually message someone. She feplied instantly and we,ve been messaging back and forth for like an hour now. She seems cool. I like her. Huh. So....when do I ask for a face to face meet? I know its only been an hour. Just kinda wondering. I dont want to go for that too early and at the same time I dont wanna just keep messaging without proceeding anything. Do I give it a few days or what?

SeanC

Got my first match/reply on that Happn app, guess it kind of works. I have seen her on there a few times and liked but she liked me back yesterday and we're totally going to get married and have two kids, a dog named Niles Crane and a house in Studio City.

That's how it works, right?

Seriously, though, chatting, seeing if she's up for a date next week.

Also just started up OKCupid. I seem to find a lot more of women on there that are more my type than Match. I've had, at most, one good match on Match but she flaked and I haven't come across others that have really struck me. OKCupid I've already got ten bookmarked, in descending order, and going to message a couple this weekend.

Also, Coffee Meets Bagel seems to have slowed for me. Just not a lot I've liked on there, maybe a few a week at most. Chatted briefly with one but she never got back to me (despite her also OKing the "chat longer" option) but whatevs. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Now she's asking me what video games I like to play. If she knows what I mean when I say Rocket League she's a keeper.

Edit: She didnt know. Not proposing yet, guys.

However when I described it she said she has seen the game before. Acceptable.

SeanC

Hey guys. So I decided to take the plunge and give online dating a whirl. I've had an account for a couple weeks but just today worked up the courave to actually message someone. She feplied instantly and we,ve been messaging back and forth for like an hour now. She seems cool. I like her. Huh. So....when do I ask for a face to face meet? I know its only been an hour. Just kinda wondering. I dont want to go for that too early and at the same time I dont wanna just keep messaging without proceeding anything. Do I give it a few days or what?

It's really how you're feeling the conversation via text is going. I've asked out a girl for a date in our first few exchanges, others after a few days of back and forth. Some others just dropped. When you think you have a good feel on how she is and that you might want to chat/know more about her and want to meet just ask. She might just ask herself, you never know.

Trick is to not overthink it and just see how casual chats go, leave enough to chat and talk about in person. Don't wait a week or anything, you'll kind of know when you know I guess.

Edit: Ask her if she plays games too etc...

Top Bottom