• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

So if anyone is super bored and wants to throw up the Rule 5 draft results I'd be okay with that, being stuck in the salt mines and all...

Rommel

Rule 5 Draft - KC Gone Wild

Kansas City Royals: Drafted RF Bryant Harris in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 1, 1st overall Pick), from the Texas Rangers..
San Francisco Giants: Drafted SP Chad Kuhl in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 5, 5th overall Pick), from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
St. Louis Cardinals: Drafted C Jeremy Martinez in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 14, 14th overall Pick), from the Boston Red Sox.
Chicago White Sox: Drafted C Jose Trevino in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 17, 17th overall Pick), from the Texas Rangers.
Toronto Blue Jays: Drafted 3B Riley Hogan in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 18, 18th overall Pick), from the Colorado Rockies.
Minnesota Twins: Drafted RF Tucker Maxwell in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 20, 20th overall Pick), from the Chicago Cubs.
Baltimore Orioles: Drafted SP Kyle Molnar in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 21, 21st overall Pick), from the Chicago Cubs.
Arizona Diamondbacks: Drafted RP Joan De La Cruz in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 23, 23rd overall Pick), from the Milwaukee Brewers.
Oakland Athletics: Drafted RP Luis A. Pena in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 25, 25th overall Pick), from the Los Angeles Angels.Pirates.
Pittsburgh Pirates: Drafted 2B Leonel Bejaran in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 28, 28th overall Pick), from the Kansas City Royals.
Kansas City Royals: Drafted CF Jose Patino in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 1, 31st overall Pick), from the Milwaukee Brewers.
San Francisco Giants: Drafted SP Reynaldo Lopez in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 5, 35th overall Pick), from the Washington Nationals.
St. Louis Cardinals: Drafted RP Donnie Everett in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 14, 44th overall Pick), from the New York Yankees.
Chicago White Sox: Drafted C Wyatt Mathisen in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 17, 47th overall Pick), from the Houston Astros.
Toronto Blue Jays: Drafted CF Garrett Whitley in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 18, 48th overall Pick), from the Milwaukee Brewers.
Arizona Diamondbacks: Drafted RP Beau Burrows in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 23, 53rd overall Pick), from the New York Yankees.
Kansas City Royals: Drafted SP Justin Alleman in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 3, Pick 1, 61st overall Pick), from the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Kansas City Royals: Drafted 2B Wendell Rijo in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 4, Pick 1, 91st overall Pick), from the Boston Red Sox.
Kansas City Royals: Drafted 1B Leurys Vargas in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 5, Pick 1, 121st overall Pick), from the Seattle Mariners..
Kansas City Royals: Drafted RP Matt Ramsey in the 2019 Rule 5 Draft (Round 6, Pick 1, 151st overall Pick), from the Cincinnati Reds.

Rule 5 Draft - KC Gone Wild

Where did you go to find that? I'm still learning the interface.

All six of those dudes went straight into my starting lineup/rotation. That should tell you all you need to know about how poorly the current team is built.

Silver lining: I only have to pay my 31/31 rated first baseman $17.4 million for the next three seasons!

brentech

Just remember you have to keep all those guys on your active roster (or the DL). If not, they get offered back to the originating team.

chairon

Neo Member
Happy with my 2 pickups and didn't lose anybody. Depth of my farm system is horrendous, but we'll turn that around. Bit of a crossroads about whether to do a rebuild or sign some FA and make a half-hearted run at things. I'll probably just take this year to see what I have with a couple of younger players and reevaluate at the trade deadline.

So the A's minor league rosters were set today.

I went looking through them, and recognized a large majority of all the names in AA/AAA, knew what positions they played, some key stats...

I even knew names of guys on the Cal A league roster announced today.

I always knew maybe 2-3 guys, the top prospects, but for AAA this year I know every single guy. What?

In other news, the Rule 5 is now one of my favorite things in baseball.

Happy with my 2 pickups and didn't lose anybody. Depth of my farm system is horrendous, but we'll turn that around. Bit of a crossroads about whether to do a rebuild or sign some FA and make a half-hearted run at things. I'll probably just take this year to see what I have with a couple of younger players and reevaluate at the trade deadline.

Join me in full tank mode! It will be a race to the bottom.

brentech

Code:
Current GMs - Open teams are first come first serve.
Teams converting from OOTP 16 are [U]underlined[/U]

AL East

Yankees – **OPEN**
[U]Orioles – Dr_LawyerCop[/U]
Blue Jays – chairon (OOTP 17 new)
Red Sox – Sanjuro
[U]Rays – darkside31337[/U]

AL Central

[U]Tigers – Got the Shakes[/U]
White Sox – **OPEN**
[U]Twins – synchronicity[/U]
Royals – Tragicomedy (OOTP 17 new)
[U]Indians – brentech[/U]

AL West

[U]A’s – CosmicQueso[/U]
[U]Angels – DUFFMCWALIN[/U]
Rangers – Zoomed (OOTP 17 new)
[U]Mariners – Purple Cheeto[/U]
[U]Astros – acheron_xl[/U]

NL East

[U]Mets – Dmncnby2k9[/U]
[U]Braves – CrimsonCommie[/U]
[U]Marlins – ph33nix[/U]
Nationals – **OPEN**
Phillies – **OPEN**

NL Central

Cubs – Bog (OOTP 17 new)
Reds – **OPEN**
[U]Cards – Shalashaska[/U]
[U]Brewers – eznark[/U]
Pirates – **OPEN**

NL West

[U]Giants – XiaNaphryz[/U]
Dodgers – FrenchMovieTheme (OOTP 17 new)
Rockies – pistolpete
Padres – **OPEN**
[U]D’Backs – Rommel[/U]
Updated to remove inactive Yankees. Let me know if something stands out as wrong to you. That leaves 8 open teams currently.

Inside there is a part of me that is really tickled that the Yankees can't find anyone who wants them. Here's hoping the real-life Yankees revert to their '65-'75 form again. :)

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Current in-game date: Dec. 10, 2019
Notes: Continue to try to sign Free Agents. A couple more 3 day sims before we pick up the pace.

brentech

Current in-game date: Dec. 13, 2019
Notes: Continue to try to sign Free Agents. A couple more 3 day sims before we pick up the pace.

RP D. Storen has made up his mind. Signed with the Twins for $33M over 5 years. 5th year team option can save the team $5M.

edit: There was another patch today, so you will have to have that.

If we had all human owners I would recommend collusion.

That contract is ridiculous and the Twins should feel bad.

SHAME!

SHAME!

SHAME!

Don't blame me! I offered him a lifetime supply of KC barbecue from Arthur Bryant's.

Turns out $6.6M per year can buy you a lot of barbecue...

If we had all human owners I would recommend collusion.

That contract is ridiculous and the Twins should feel bad.

SHAME!

SHAME!

SHAME!

Ha! Well, it's really a 4/$28M deal. (minus the option) Astros, as mentioned, offered 3/22, so I really offered slightly less per year.

I'm not as strong as I'd like to be in my starting rotation, so I have to make my pen the priority at the moment. I paid him because I had to.

Rommel

As we approach the winter meetings come get your discount players! 50-80% off retail free agency prices! All offers considered.

Jake Lamb 3B (Could start for most teams and cheap at 7 mil a year for 4 more years)

Oscar Hernandez C (3 more arb years for a top defensive catcher who won't embarrass himself with the bat)

Michael Brantley LF (Have OF's coming up and need to make room. Solid player at a reasonable 5.5,6.5 and 6.7 with a team option on the 3rd year)

Brandon Drury 2B(Similar story to Brantley, have young guns coming up I want to give some playing time to. Can play 1B, 2B and 3B at a starting level. Likely a 4 WAR player at 2B but he is blocked by Wong. You will be getting 3 years of control with him)

Tim Berry SP (Solid innings eater, middle of the rotation kind of guy. 3 years of control.)

Allen Webster SP(Solid back of the rotation starter I just don't have room for right now. You would have 3 years of team control.)

So Austin Bergner is a top-10 pitcher and hasn't made his MLB debut yet. EZ must be being cheap, because I'd have called his ass up a long time ago.

Too bad the aging model in OOTP is incredibly stupid and hitters basically die after age 30.

In my offline league I'm actually experimenting with an adjusted value for aging to see if I can find a spot where players don't shrivel up as soon as they turn 30.

Bog

Junior Ace
How do trades work? I keep getting the CPU sending me guys, but when I click in, it says I'm not the commish.

brentech

Current in-game date: Dec. 13, 2019
Notes: Continue to try to sign Free Agents. Make your best offer today. WE ARE MOVING ON TO 7 DAY SIMS.

norm9

I'd like to claim the Pirates if they're still available.

I won't have a chance to pick up the game until tomorrow afternoon though. It'll give me a chance to read the instructions for league play, which seems a bit complicated with uploading files and whatnot. ETA- Is Steam required?

I'd like to claim the Pirates if they're still available.

I won't have a chance to pick up the game until tomorrow afternoon though. It'll give me a chance to read the instructions for league play, which seems a bit complicated with uploading files and whatnot. ETA- Is Steam required?
Steam isn't required, and once you get set up, everything is quite straight forward. If you can post on a message board, I'm confident that you can get everything set up with Brent's instructions.

Welcome! Yeah it's very easy to get up and going, and all the online requires is clicking on "download updates" then doing stuff then clicking "upload". Super easy.

The pirates are reigning champs. Good team to have!

norm9

Steam isn't required, and once you get set up, everything is quite straight forward. If you can post on a message board, I'm confident that you can get everything set up with Brent's instructions.

Welcome! Yeah it's very easy to get up and going, and all the online requires is clicking on "download updates" then doing stuff then clicking "upload". Super easy.

The pirates are reigning champs. Good team to have!

Great! I'll post here again tomorrow once every thing's in order.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Current in-game date: Dec. 20, 2019
Notes: We are on to 7 day sims. Things moving quicker.

I ALMOST forgot the trade again, but alas, I didn't. And it was still rejected, as you can't trade players with injuries lasting longer than 7 days. He's still out 5-7 weeks. You guys will either have to wait until he is healed or work another deal.

Sim will be available in 5-10min

So Puig to BAL for 8 years @ $29 per. Can't forget that opt-out after year one though lol

I missed a couple sims and just now realized I signed him... I didn't think that offer would work. I guess giving him the option did it for me, but I'm still on the hook for a ton of money if he doesn't opt out. I'll be interested to see how this deal works for me.

brentech

Little late on this info and I don't think I've seen it done to this point, but need to put this out there for new comers: When signing a FA or extending a player, you can't use the final year of the deal as a team option that is greatly higher than the previous years.
To be safe, either keep that team option the same as the previous years, or under those values.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Current in-game date: Dec. 30, 2019
Notes: norm9 added as GM of the Pittsburgh Pirates

6 Available Teams: Yankees, White Sox, Phillies, Nationals, Reds, Padres

Top Bottom