• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

brentech

S75NU0I.png

Seeing this screen makes me regret clearing out all our old managers, but the screen was getting really long and tough to manage the new players.
Romme's Diamondbacks have the best winning record in GOBL history.
11 players over the .500 mark.
Xia's .432 is the low mark. =(

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
S75NU0I.png

Seeing this screen makes me regret clearing out all our old managers, but the screen was getting really long and tough to manage the new players.

My injury-marred club. :(

Buster Posey is a bust!

Rebuild phase in progress, willing to listen to all offers. :)

It took a 110 win season to go from 'poor' to 'fair'.

Gonna be another few years before OOTP thinks my efforts are worthwhile, I guess.

Good sir, would you like one slightly used Heyward back for the low, low price of some prospects?
He had a decent year for you. I might be interested in some of your guys.

I'm just waiting on a scouting director signing, I've been flying blind for a bit here and it's been holding me up with some potential deals.

I'm undefeated, baby!
Will likely lose my first 10 games.

Rommel

Looking for a starting CF or top of the rotation starter.

Lamb is available. 5 WAR player 3 of the last 4 years signed for under 7 mil a year for 4 more years plus option. Just turned 29 so still in his prime. Just have a young gun coming up to replace him and need to save a bit of money because my owner sucks.

Durdy, Webster, Oscar Hernandez or Brantley could also be had at the right price.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Current in-game date: Nov. 21, 2019
Notes: Full, normal, 7 day sim. This leaves 1 or 2 more sims before arbitration have to be complete.

My rep is excellent, despite being under .500 in total for 5 years, but I've got a World Series appearance and division title in my last two seasons. I think the game may also consider how far you've come / how you've performed relative to where you started, maybe - in my case from the sewers to contending. Otherwise, just going by overall GM record, I couldn't have an excellent reputation. Or maybe the game is just afraid of me after I fired Tanaka early in the season following a World Series showing. :p

Hired the previous pitching coach of the White Sox, the A's former bench coach is now my assistant GM and St. Louis's former assistant GM is now my manager.

brentech

Of the 6 new GMs, only the Cubs, Rangers, Royals, and Blue Jays (thank you guys) have exported a team file so far. Really need to see other new GMs export or I gotta allow other people new to the game the chance to actually play as a team they want.

I don't want to make this seem like some overbearing thing, because no one has to export every day, but you guys have to get your first export in to show that everything is working or leave a message on the board to say there is a problem.
I know the Yankees are unsure if they want to stay, so I'm still leaving that to him, but as for the Dodgers, I haven't heard anything from and nor has there been an update.

Team will be up for grabs at 4 eastern tomorrow. Someone wants to take over. =O

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Current in-game date: Nov. 24, 2019
Notes: Continue to get used to the game and work out your arbitration players, who you want to keep, and team staffing.

FrenchMovieTheme will be taking over the Dodgers as Mondrian hasn't replied to a PM, posted in the thread since receiving he Dodgers, or uploaded an export. Just want to have people in the league that can at least get started with the league as we start really moving.

Mondrian, if you want to come back as another team, that's fine, just trying to keep everything going smoothly and with the most players possible.

Rommel

Just about died a little bit inside making a 20+ mil a year offer. The owner wants him though so no more maxed out scouting budget :(

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Current in-game date: Nov. 27, 2019
Notes: Final day to complete arbitration. 3 day sim tomorrow, than 1 day sim onto FA Filings.
PROTECT PLAYERS with the 40 man roster that you don't want to lose! Rule 5 Draft is about 3 real day around the corner.

Trade was completed. Updated OP for new comers on how I want to see trades posted in order to make it a quick and easy process for me to get the players moved before a sim. League is heating up.

Rommel

Some team who is tanking this year needs to sign Albert Pujols and give him some AB's. 53 hits away from 3000 hits and 2 HR's from 600

Some team who is tanking this year needs to sign Albert Pujols and give him some AB's. 53 hits away from 3000 hits and 2 HR's from 600

Hmmmmm, you know, I just might! Mandatory contract stipulation that he cannot go into the Hall of Fame wearing his Cardinals jersey.

Granderson Announces Run for Mayor
Friday, November 1st, 2019
Former Scranton WB left fielder Curtis Granderson announced today that he intends to run for mayor. The recently-retired Granderson has been rumored for some time to be contemplating a run for political office. The announcement means the popular ex-player will face an uphill battle next year as he attempts to unseat an equally popular incumbent. "It's not easy making the transition from professional athlete to politician," said Granderson this afternoon on the steps of City Hall in front of an enthusiastic crowd of supporters. "But I intend to work every bit as hard I did on the playing field to serve the citizens of this city."

#Grandy2020

This game, man.

#Grandy2020

This game, man.

I learned from The Show of all places that he wears his socks high in honor of the Negro League Baseball players. Classy. I was glad he had success in the playoffs, even though some came against the Royals in the WS. Seems like a good dude.

More qualified than Trump.

Trade!

Houston sends:
CF Ronny Rafael (SA Tri-City)
SS Nick Solak (SA Tri-City)

Los Angeles (AL) sends:
RP Marc Brakeman (GOBL)

So, as somebody who takes over the Pirates in 2000 or 2001 in OOTP every time I buy the game (pretty much every year) and pretend Mark Cuban bought them like he wanted too, I'd be honored to take over the Pirates and likely completely ruin them.

howcome everytime i go to my pending FA's, the "submit offer" button is always greyed out? all i can do is meet their demand or ask for response. i tried ask for response from greinke and then somehow i had offered him like a 7 year, $305 mil contract (which i retracted obviously)

i wanted to adjust my offer to him down to just 2 years, and i can see where i can change the offer but i can never submit it

Rommel

howcome everytime i go to my pending FA's, the "submit offer" button is always greyed out? all i can do is meet their demand or ask for response. i tried ask for response from greinke and then somehow i had offered him like a 7 year, $305 mil contract (which i retracted obviously)

i wanted to adjust my offer to him down to just 2 years, and i can see where i can change the offer but i can never submit it

The game won't let you submit an offer unless its very likely the player would accept it. Asking for Response is the negotiation beforehand. So you adjust the contract offer by years and salary. There are a couple other clauses like no trade and performance bonuses you can play around with. The player will usually have an initial demand which is a baseline for what they would accept. There is usually some wiggle room to bring it down in years/money from what they initially are seeking.

So once you put together your offer in years and $ that you'd like, you ask him for a response and he will either counter or tell you it looks good and he needs to discuss it with his family before finalizing it. If he counters your 2 years with 7 back that means you are significantly apart and the best you might be able to do is 5.

ySwY7sp.png

Another Trade:

KC Sends:
Kyle Zimmer ML KC
Joe McCarthy AAA Omaha

OAK Sends:
Brendan McCabe AA Midland
James Haynes A Vermont
Scotty Paul AZL

brentech

Sim: 2 days
Current in-game date: Nov. 29, 2019
Notes: Arbs are now complete. See the outcomes, get ready for FA to start in the next sim.
PROTECT PLAYERS with the 40 man roster that you don't want to lose! Rule 5 Draft is about 3 real day around the corner.

Trades completed.

Rommel

My backup catcher nearly doubled his arb estimate to 4 mil... ugh that's a lot for a backup catcher. Might have to move him as he could be a decent starter for some teams.

Arbitration has not been kind to me. I even went with the suggested numbers and got creamed.

Top Bottom