• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Added to the team in 2nd post, added to league, but not going to upload the update with you until tomorrow.

Sounds good. I'm not 100% sure what that means in terms of moves I might try and make. I've been making offers to fill up a ton of vacant management/coaching slots at all levels...will that not show up later? Should I hold off?

brentech

Sounds good. I'm not 100% sure what that means in terms of moves I might try and make. I've been making offers to fill up a ton of vacant management/coaching slots at all levels...will that not show up later? Should I hold off?

If you already downloaded the league file and were making moves in the game...that's not your created GM. That's the old user that used to run the team.
Had to delete him and create your own user, which won't be available in the game until I re-upload the league file.

If you already downloaded the league file and were making moves in the game...that's not your created GM. That's the old user that used to run the team.
Had to delete him and create your own user, which won't be available in the game until I re-upload the league file.

Oh. It lists me by my name as an inexperienced manager, but I don't know what that means. Best if I hold off on anything until tomorrow?

Mistakes were made...oh well. Familiarization with the program is what matters most.

Bog

Junior Ace
I was screwing around with my pitching staff and lineups tonight. Hopefully that'll take effect.

I was screwing around with my pitching staff and lineups tonight. Hopefully that'll take effect.

Make sure you export your team for any changes to propagate to the league.

It's under File > Online league > Export your team via FTP

Is there a spot open for this? If not, let me know if one becomes available!

The Jays, White Sox, Nats, Phillies, Reds, World Champion Pittsburgh Pirates, Rockies and Pads are all still available.

brentech

Am I good today to mess around?

The league file is updating right now. Give it 10-15 minutes and you should be good. (The export reader page shows the latest update of the league file. If the league file is currently updating or broke during update, it displays that status in red instead of green....along with the most recent update times of every team's latest export, with those times being green if they are more recent than the league file -- little php script I wrote up so people know if they updated or not).

Not because we've had anything devious happen, but I recommend people put a password on their GM account, just to keep things locked up.

The league file is updating right now. Give it 10-15 minutes and you should be good. (The export reader page shows the latest update of the league file. If the league file is currently updating or broke during update, it displays that status in red instead of green....along with the most recent update times of every team's latest export, with those times being green if they are more recent than the league file -- little php script I wrote up so people know if they updated or not).

Not because we've had anything devious happen, but I recommend people put a password on their GM account, just to keep things locked up.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll bookmark the page and keep an eye on it. I had created a password for my spot, but just got rid of it until I get the latest version.

Just so I understand the mechanics here a bit, I am free to drop players/staff to my liking, and submit job offers to candidates. After that, I update my latest export file and wait for you to advance the mechanics for the entire league? Is that how competing biddings work?

brentech

Thanks for the heads up. I'll bookmark the page and keep an eye on it. I had created a password for my spot, but just got rid of it until I get the latest version.

Just so I understand the mechanics here a bit, I am free to drop players/staff to my liking, and submit job offers to candidates. After that, I update my latest export file and wait for you to advance the mechanics for the entire league? Is that how competing biddings work?
Yep. Probably won't be advancing days for another day or two, as we still have some new members trickling in.

But yea - do any changes to your team. Then export your team file. If you fail to do so, when the league file gets updated, your changes won't be there.

Yep. Probably won't be advancing days for another day or two, as we still have some new members trickling in.

But yea - do any changes to your team. Then export your team file. If you fail to do so, when the league file gets updated, your changes won't be there.

Perfect, I'll work it today and tomorrow. I'm guessing it's just a result of the team not having a human manager, but I'm missing ~20 or so coaching/training positions across all club levels.

I noticed you Gaffers picked the 2015 World Series champs apart, too! There's literally no pieces around from the 2016 opening day roster, unless you count Yordano Ventura (who apparently sucks now). Time for a complete rebuild!

brentech

Perfect, I'll work it today and tomorrow. I'm guessing it's just a result of the team not having a human manager, but I'm missing ~20 or so coaching/training positions across all club levels.

I noticed you Gaffers picked the 2015 World Series champs apart, too! There's literally no pieces around from the 2016 opening day roster, unless you count Yordano Ventura (who apparently sucks now). Time for a complete rebuild!

There has been 2-3 GMs of the Royals since we started.

The CPU Royals have been very active trading with other CPU teams the last few seasons. At least that's the impression I always had.

Bog

Junior Ace
Went to extend Sean Burnett but he thinks he's worth 6 mill a year suddenly at age 38. Take a walk.

The CPU Royals have been very active trading with other CPU teams the last few seasons. At least that's the impression I always had.

I'm struggling to see what they got in return, LOL. Worst bullpen in the league. Pretty awful starting pitcher lineup. Below average in basically every field position.

A couple of decent prospects in AA and AAA, so there is that. And it looks like I'm lined up for the first pick, to help kick start the rebuilding process. How does the draft work in here? Does the game create a bunch of fictional prospects after we advance a bit?

brentech

I'm struggling to see what they got in return, LOL. Worst bullpen in the league. Pretty awful starting pitcher lineup. Below average in basically every field position.

A couple of decent prospects in AA and AAA, so there is that. And it looks like I'm lined up for the first pick, to help kick start the rebuilding process. How does the draft work in here? Does the game create a bunch of fictional prospects after we advance a bit?

Yeah, we're probably at that point since we've had 4 or 5 first year player drafts

Bog

Junior Ace
I've been poring over stats since yesterday trying to familiarize myself with the league. That Wilmer Flores slugging %...

Springer is on the block. 3x Gold Glove winner. A reliable 4+ WAR per season!

It's been on the decline, but I'm still interested. Let's talk! (Cubs)

I'm also listening on Baez for anyone who's interested. 40 HR power from 2B/SS is tough to find.

brentech

I've been poring over stats since yesterday trying to familiarize myself with the league. That Wilmer Flores slugging %...

It's been on the decline, but I'm still interested. Let's talk! (Cubs)

I'm also listening on Baez for anyone who's interested. 40 HR power from 2B/SS is tough to find.

We will probably get the league moving again on Monday. Will start with 3 day sims through arbitration so people can get used to the game and our pace.

If you are still having problems getting the league running inside OOTP 17, please let me know where it's breaking down for you.

Bog

Junior Ace
We will probably get the league moving again on Monday. Will start with 3 day sims through arbitration so people can get used to the game and our pace.

If you are still having problems getting the league running inside OOTP 17, please let me know where it's breaking down for you.

Is there a time every day when uploads need to be in?

brentech

Is there a time every day when uploads need to be in?

Thanks, will add this to the first post. I try to sim around 4pm eastern each day. Sometimes it happens later because life, but never before. So exports should be done by 4pm eastern.

brentech

Alright. Couple people having issues exporting their team file. I went ahead and simmed 1 day. Would like everyone to verify that they can get this update and export their team file.

Current in-game date is now: Nov 8th, 2019

If you cannot successfully export, I repackaged the settings zip. Delete everything in your settings folder, located in a similar path to: C:\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 17\saved_games\gobl_ootp.lg\settings\
Download and extract the following into your gobl league settings folder.

http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/league/gobl_settings.zip - Includes 3 files. accountsdata_commish.dat, accountsdata_gms.dat, db.cfg. That's all that should be in that settings folder now. Re launch OOTP 17 and please try again, let me know.
Reminder, and update was recently released. You MUST have the patch for this to work.

Tempted to jump in and take over the Buccos, but worried I wont be able to put in enough time. I gave up my fantasy team, of 8 years, b/c of time commitments.

Tempted to jump in and take over the Buccos, but worried I wont be able to put in enough time. I gave up my fantasy team, of 8 years, b/c of time commitments.

I've given up fantasy too. No comparison on time commitment. You only have one team to worry about, and can set the AI to take care of however much or little you want.

It really is 5 or10 minutes a day max.

I've learned soooooooo much more about the game doing this for a year than I ever did playing fantasy.

Rule 5 picks, options, playoff rosters, weighing salary and contract years. I have no doubt at all this has made me a much smarter fan and has increased my enjoyment of the game immensely.

Don't let the time commitment thing dissuade you. It really isn't significant, unless you really want to sink hours into it.

Give it a think!!!

Zoomed

Neo Member
Alright. Couple people having issues exporting their team file. I went ahead and simmed 1 day. Would like everyone to verify that they can get this update and export their team file.

Current in-game date is now: Nov 8th, 2019

If you cannot successfully export, I repackaged the settings zip. Delete everything in your settings folder, located in a similar path to: C:\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 17\saved_games\gobl_ootp.lg\settings\
Download and extract the following into your gobl league settings folder.

http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/league/gobl_settings.zip - Includes 3 files. accountsdata_commish.dat, accountsdata_gms.dat, db.cfg. That's all that should be in that settings folder now. Re launch OOTP 17 and please try again, let me know.
Reminder, and update was recently released. You MUST have the patch for this to work.

This fixed my issue. Thanks!

brentech

This fixed my issue. Thanks!

Awesome, hopefully this works for eznark as well.
If you guys recall, early in our first season, GOBL ran a podcast. We talked about doing more, but never got around to it. We're hoping to bring this back as a regular thing - with Eznark hosting, as I'm still working up my general baseball knowledge.

If you want an idea of what that podcast was like, have a throwback listen to some of the early things that happened in season one of GOBL. https://soundcloud.com/thatguyfern/gobl-podcast-episode-1

Awesome, hopefully this works for eznark as well.
If you guys recall, early in our first season, GOBL ran a podcast. We talked about doing more, but never got around to it. We're hoping to bring this back as a regular thing - with Eznark hosting, as I'm still working up my general baseball knowledge.

If you want an idea of what that podcast was like, have a throwback listen to some of the early things that happened in season one of GOBL. https://soundcloud.com/thatguyfern/gobl-podcast-episode-1

I forgot all about the podcast! Would be awesome if y'all did it again.

How quick do you need to know about wanting to take over a team? I might not be able to buy the game until next week if I decide to offer up services.

brentech

How quick do you need to know about wanting to take over a team? I might not be able to buy the game until next week if I decide to offer up services.

Like 7 teams open, people are free to join whenever so long as a team is available. We will start simming into the 2020 season tomorrow though.

Bog

Junior Ace
I spent over an hour last night deciding on a bench coach. I might be an addict already.

I spent over an hour last night deciding on a bench coach. I might be an addict already.

My bench coach and hitting coach are trash, but I'm not dumping either of them with 2+ years of money on the books. I had so many other vacant positions to fill anyway. I'm not sure if there were a ton of expiring contracts, or if the CPU just didn't prioritize filling management roles, but I had more than a dozen open jobs across my organization. Ridiculous.

I just have to keep reminding myself that my current team is hot garbage, and it will take 4-5 years to rebuild. Apparently, back in 2017 the team signed Carlos Santana to a 5 year, $87 million deal. Nothing says winner more than signing a 21 rated overall (and potential!) first baseman for $17.4M per year!
1N0UjV3.jpg

Also, my pitching sucks! :)

My bench coach and hitting coach are trash, but I'm not dumping either of them with 2+ years of money on the books. I had so many other vacant positions to fill anyway. I'm not sure if there were a ton of expiring contracts, or if the CPU just didn't prioritize filling management roles, but I had more than a dozen open jobs across my organization. Ridiculous.

I just have to keep reminding myself that my current team is hot garbage, and it will take 4-5 years to rebuild. Apparently, back in 2017 the team signed Carlos Santana to a 5 year, $87 million deal. Nothing says winner more than signing a 21 rated overall (and potential!) first baseman for $17.4M per year!
1N0UjV3.jpg

Also, my pitching sucks! :)

The secret is to hire a scouting director who likes the guys you already have.

brentech

Remember, today will be our first real sim in OOTP17. A short 3 day sim, just want to get people used to moving along and make sure everything is working.
You should be working with arbitration and making decisions on team options at this point, but will still have all these things available for a couple sims, so don't worry if you're not in the game yet.

Blue Jays owner will be added with this sim.

I have a ton of staff hiring to do and stuff like that, but if we still have time I will get my upload in this evening after I'm done with work

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Current in-game date: Nov. 11, 2019
Notes: Continue to get used to the game and work out your arbitration players, who you want to keep, and team staffing.

Made a mistake of not adding the new Blue Jays manager. Reupdating, so you won't be able to download the league file for a couple more minutes.
This leaves the following 7 teams available: White Sox, Nationals, Phillies, Reds, Pirates, Rockies, Padres

Dougefresh

Neo Member
my day is still November 7th, if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. thanks
I don't want to put in a ton of work if its not going to transfer over you know.

Top Bottom