• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OP discovers he's a germaphobe; next door occupant shits without wiping

I wipe or use the seat covers

In reality it (wiping) is not going to do much to anything infectious that might actually be there, though it would get rid of superficial urine and dust.

Still, I wipe down the seat even at home before I sit down, and try my best to Clorox/Windex/whatever after I'm done.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Yeah, I wipe the seat a bit with tp and then sit directly on it. What's the big deal?

Yep, give er a wipe and plop down. I'll use a cover or layer TP on it if it's like... really bad. But otherwise the ol wipe n plop.

Asses are all asses dude, yours and theirs.

gruenel

The germaphobia on GAF is real.

So you have absolutely no problem with with sitting on someone else fecal matter/urine/blood/semen/ god knows what else?

The keyboard you just typed this post on is probably dirtier than most work toilets which get cleaned multiple times a day.

cr0w

Old Member
Even if it looks clean, wipe it down with TP first to make sure. Then just sit down. You'll be okay, I promise.

norm9

In reality it (wiping) is not going to do much to anything infectious that might actually be there, though it would get rid of superficial urine and dust.

Still, I wipe down the seat even at home before I sit down, and try my best to Clorox/Windex/whatever after I'm done.

This might be overkill.

I never sit directly on the seat unless I am the first to use the public restroom or I am too drunk to properly pay attention. Other hovering women also piss on the seat so you gotta watch for slick spots.

border

It's hilarious to me that people think a layer of paper that's as thin as saran wrap is going to save them from whatever horrifying bacteria and pestilence supposedly lives on a toilet seat.

Just sit directly on the seat. If the bathroom is so sketchy that you can't bring yourself to do that, then either find another bathroom or learn to hover-shit.

Solo

Windex your toilet seat? Breh.

- J - D -

Now wait until you start taking a dump and you get some splashback from your deuce plopping into the water. That's a nightmare scenario.

So I go to the restroom at work and the first thing I always do is layer the seat with toilet paper. We don't have the wax paper-like insertions that you can pull from a dispenser. There's no toilet paper in the stall so I move to the next one and sit down. Then I hear someone come in right next to me to take a dump in the stall that had no toilet paper. I'm grossed out because 1) They had to have sat directly on the seat and 2) They have no toilet paper to wipe themselves with. How can people do this?

Maybe he's improvised and used his undies, or a sock, in the absence of any bog roll. We've all been there. Adapt and overcome.

BibiMaghoo

I have no idea how germophobes survive life on a day to day basis. Yes I sit on the seat if it is not obviously filthy.

Or the faucet. Or the hand dryer.

If you mean those Dyson things that you stick your hand in and blow air to dry your hands...
Led by researchers at the University of Westminster in London, the study from the found that jet air dryers tend to spread 1,300 times more germs than using paper towels.
www.businessinsider.com/dryers-paper-towels-spread-bacteria-2016-4
Then yeah. Those are pretty filthy.

But given what happens to the food we eat and the air we breathe, then I'm not going to worry about planting my ass on a public toilet seat as long as it looks reasonable clean.

Now wait until you start taking a dump and you get some splashback from your deuce plopping into the water. That's a nightmare scenario.

lolol....thats probably even worse for people who hover due to the greater height and velocity of the turd hitting the water.

There are actually people who cover the seat? lmao, unless I look down and there's visible piss and shit stains on the seat, I'm sitting on it. And if there are piss and shit stains, I'd rather just use another toilet.

DonShula

The germaphobia on GAF is real.

The keyboard you just typed this post on is probably dirtier than most work toilets which get cleaned multiple times a day.

Amen.

Wash your hands in the restroom and wash your butt in the shower at home. Don't put the two in contact with one another without washing your hands after.

It's pretty simple.

ghostjoke

Banned
How do you go through life having more faith in paper than in your own skin? Surely if you apply this logic to the rest of life, you'd end up going full Howard Hughes.

GhaleonEB

I've literally never covered it, used TP, the wax paper, stuff. etc. If the seat looks dirty, I use a different one. I wash my hands thoroughly before leaving, and my backside daily. I'm doing okay.

SeanC

Toilets are generally clean unless they're obvious not, been proven time and time again and not anything new.

Little strips of paper covering your nasty ass ain't gonna do shit anyways, also proven time and time again.

Assuming you don't have cuts and open sores on your arse you could sit on a toilet seat covered in piss and shit and nothing would happen to you. Get over it. There are people all over the world that have to do their business in much worse conditions.

DonShula

Usually the little flap of the toilet seat cover dips into the water so the whole thing gets sucked off the toilet when I flush.

Ideally it does. In practice, though, the person after you goes in there and finds it half flushed and stuck to the side of the toilet with your feces.

Raptomex

As an American, I envy the countries with bidets. It sounds like a great way to improve the shitting experience.

zeemumu

If it's got some turds on it, it might stick to your butt.

Nah, it's like a ring with a flap in the center that you punch out before you set the ring on the toilet seat. Then you stand up and flush and the flap that's in the water drags the rest of the cover with it. I've dealt with some sketchy-ass restrooms in my day (your basic "literal shit on the floor and walls" ones and ones where people put shit or baby powder in the hand dryer and turned the nozzle upside down and turned them on and ran for it)

Let's be serious here though, the real disgusting thing is one's penis touching the toilet and/or the water.

I know, GAF meme with the guy with his penis snaking through the drain pipe, but reality is that touching the seat or water is a legitimate issue (in US public restrooms anyway, I can't speak for elsewhere).

Top Bottom