• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OP discovers he's a germaphobe; next door occupant shits without wiping

Is this you OP?

giphy.gif

You can clearly see the toilet seat cover dispenser full, why Pat Stew gonna use toilet paper for the seat???

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
But it's not, because one is a hard plastic seat meant for the purpose and the other is paper piled on top of said seat. What you're saying makes no sense.
When there’s paper left and you sit on it, you’re sitting on the previous person’s (one person only most likely) ass sweat. If there’s no paper, you’re sitting on every persons ass sweat who went there before you, since the seat was last disinfected. You could say that leaving paper behind is considerate, really.

KHarvey16

When there’s paper left and you sit on it, you’re sitting on the previous person’s (one person only most likely) ass sweat. If there’s no paper, you’re sitting on every persons who went there before you since the seat was disinfected ass sweat. You could say that leaving paper behind is considerate, really.

You could say that, but it would be silly.

I feel like another explanation of why sitting on a toilet seat and sitting on a bunch of toilet paper left behind by the previous occupant is not the same is ultimately a waste of time. Any reasonable person not attempting to justify irrational fears can see why they aren't the same in any way whatsoever.

I keep a can of lysol in my desk and I hose the toilet seat down then I wipe it dry. Then I cover it in TP. I don't know where mofos been.

But I always check if there's enough TP before I bother to shit.

I have seen a coworker take a shit and walk out without washing his hands. Nasty mofo.

I don't want to sit on someone's piss. Or smeared dry piss. I'd rather disinfect the seat.

Redd

Then there are the those who say they never shit unless they're at home. How do you go on vacations. Germs are pretty much everywhere. You're gonna make it if you don't use a seat liner when you go potty. Just make sure it's relatively okay.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
You could say that, but it would be silly.

I feel like another explanation of why sitting on a toilet seat and sitting on a bunch of toilet paper left behind by the previous occupant is not the same is ultimately a waste of time. Any reasonable person not attempting to justify irrational fears can see why they aren't the same in any way whatsoever.
It is physically the same thing, as the ass sweat dries on the seat, just as it dries on the paper. Or stays wet on the seat (in which case you have to wipe it) just as it stays wet on the paper (in which case you have to throw it in, but no need to wipe anything)

So, in terms of convenience it’s the same. In terms of hygiene, it could even have an advantage as I noted above.
Realistically it’s all the same, as you’re not contracting any disease through the seat either way, and you’re thinking unscientificaly if you think otherwise.

KHarvey16

It is physically the same thing, as the ass sweat dries on the seat, just as it dries on the paper. Or stays wet on the seat (in which case you have to wipe it) just as it stays wet on the paper (in which case you have to throw it in, but no need to wipe anything)

So, in terms of convenience it’s the same. In terms of hygiene, it could even have an advantage as I noted above.
Realistically it’s all the same, as you’re not contracting any disease through the seat either way, and you’re thinking unscientificaly if you think otherwise.

No. No, it isn't the same. Germs and viruses and bacteria do poorly on hard surfaces. Moisture evaporates quickly and they die.

This is a terrible argument.

I used to use toilet seat covers until I saw this addressed on a Penn & Teller: Bullshit! episode.

There's no virus on the seat that's going to kill you, especially if you don't have open sores.

That being said, I stopped using them at work, but I'll still use them in gas stations and other sketchy seats.

This.

Enco

It's not about getting a deadly infection.

It's about not touching something that's dirty as fuck. People are fucking gross. I'd rather not sit where the bare ass/thigh of hundreds of people has been. Bacteria or not the concept is disgusting.

Keep doing you but I'm good. Enjoy sitting in dried piss/shit particles.

Demoskinos

It's about not touching something that's dirty as fuck. People are fucking gross. I'd rather not sit where the bare ass/thigh of hundreds of people has been. Bacteria or not the concept is disgusting.

I can full well assure you you touch about 100 different things each day that are far more dirty than most toilet seats.

GhaleonEB

You probably got more germs on you opening the bathroom door than you do by sitting on the toilet.

Amneziak

aka The Hound
So I go to the restroom at work and the first thing I always do is layer the seat with toilet paper. We don't have the wax paper-like insertions that you can pull from a dispenser. There's no toilet paper in the stall so I move to the next one and sit down. Then I hear someone come in right next to me to take a dump in the stall that had no toilet paper. I'm grossed out because 1) They had to have sat directly on the seat and 2) They have no toilet paper to wipe themselves with. How can people do this?

Never mind the toilet seat cover, OP. Why didn't you offer him some goddamn toilet paper? You knew he had none. Shame!

This is hilarious cause you're so convinced that you're right and somehow protecting yourself.

O_Atoll

I usually wet up some paper towel from the sink with a little soap and wipe down the seat. Then wipe the seat until it's dry. Then I can sit down. I don't want piss, ass, and semen residue on my ass cheeks.

As far as parts of the body go. I would guess the butt cheeks are pretty clean on average. They don't exactly get a lot of exposure. You probably pick up way more gems opening a door then sitting bare ass on a office toilet.

You know what? A dirty seat doesn't bother me too much. What REALLY bothers me is when I take a seat, and it is still warm. Like someone just took bread out of the oven, and I'm sitting right on the loaf. Except the bread is another person's warm, sweaty ass that was there a minute prior.

____

As far as parts of the body go. I would guess the butt cheeks are pretty clean on average. They don't exactly get a lot of exposure. You probably pick up way more gems opening a door then sitting bare ass on a office toilet.

This.

You know what? A dirty seat doesn't bother me too much. What REALLY bothers me is when I take a seat, and it is still warm. Like someone just took bread out of the oven, and I'm sitting right on the loaf. Except the bread is another person's warm, sweaty ass that was there a minute prior.

😂 I despise warm seats.

Speaking of public restroom issues, I have a list:

1. When people take a shit, exit the stall, and don't wash their hands.
2. When people take a shit, and you don't hear them tear off any toilet paper to wipe their ass.
3. When someone takes a piss and immediately walks out, not washing their hands.
4. When someone takes a shit and moans are grunts loudly for the duration.
5. When someone takes a piss at the urinal next to you and lets out a long sigh of relief.
6. When someone takes a piss at the urinal next to you and shivers violently or does a hopping motion for the duration of the piss.
7. When you go into a restroom, there are many urinals
open so you take one on the far edge then someone else comes in and, rather than choosing a urinal with distance , they choose the one right next to you.
8. When someone chooses the urinal next to you, looks over, and tries to start up a conversation.
9. When you walk into the restroom and someone (often a homeless person but not always) mistakes the sink for a bathrub. In San Francisco, the sight of guys washing their balls in sinks is way too common.
10. Bathroom doors that require you to pull the handle to get out. This is exacerbated when there is no paper towel dispenser in the restroom. Who wants to touch a handle people who don't wash their hands after shitting has touched. Restroom doors should be pull to enter, push to exit-- especially in restaurants.

mhayes86

I don't care what you do in the stall, but for the love of god, wash your hands.

OP, did you hear clacking? Maybe you're stall neighbor had three seashells.

javac

I haven't used a toilet other than my own in like 10 years and it's not like I'm holding it in all day so I don't really have this issue.

McLovin

My sister was desperate to use the bathroom ince but she was in NYC at the moment and the one she managed to fine smelled like every inch of it was covered in urine. Like even the door knob was sticky. I advised her to Spider-Man it and she was fine.

immune system?
What do you think your skin is for?

you are contracting way more germs by touching a loaf of bread.

You would not believe how many "germs" are on and in the ground and even in water. I'm not talking about a dirty carpet btw.
I mean grass and soil. They are packed with all sorts vicious and potential deadly stuff (i.e. clostridium botulinum which produces the most powerful toxin in the world; dozens of different fungi etc etc) yet some how even babies* survive an afterneeo playing naked in the grass.
The good thing is that humans developed a pretty potent immune system over hundret thousands of years to fight of bacterias, viruses and fungi.

It's far more dangerous to sit on the grass or to walk barefoot through mud than to sit on a toilet.

*talking about babies: Just watch a baby for a couple of hours.
They don't give a single shit(well, they sort of do..) about germs.They put everything in their mouth to taste it; they roll around on the dirtiest floors; they shit constantly their own pants and yet they don't die.

So I go to the restroom at work and the first thing I always do is layer the seat with toilet paper. We don't have the wax paper-like insertions that you can pull from a dispenser. There's no toilet paper in the stall so I move to the next one and sit down. Then I hear someone come in right next to me to take a dump in the stall that had no toilet paper. I'm grossed out because 1) They had to have sat directly on the seat and 2) They have no toilet paper to wipe themselves with. How can people do this?
Probably a vegetarian. They think they can poop without wiping.

I think some of you need to question where you work if sitting on caked in shit is a real fear. All my colleagues are adults and know how to use a toilet without making a mess, might be time to question why you're stuck working with such degenerates.

bosseye

Everytime someone flushes the toilet it fires a few billion shit particles into the air covering everything within quite a large radius; the toilet, the surfaces, the flush, the toilet paper. As soon as you step into a toilet you're covered in them. If you can smell shit, it's in your nostrils.

Putting toilet paper on the seat achieves literally nothing of worth other than perhaps appeasing your erroneous delicate sensibilities. All it does is create more waste, use more resources.

UrbanRats

Do these exist where you live, OP?

209373_kleenex_pocket_tissues_2.jpg

Maybe he had one in his pocket? I know i take one if i have to go in a public toilet sometimes, just because you never know how dire the TP situation will be.

Top Bottom