• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM UK hinting at something really, really big.. [Up: Earth shattering game revealed]

Chamber

love on your sleeve
All you people saying GTA 5....

As cool as a PS4 port would be with upped graphics/framerate, how would a port of an existing game be "One of the most exciting covers in OPM history"?

Yeah, it's not GTAV or any other next gen up port. I'm trying to think of massive franchises that haven't been confirmed for PS4 and aren't MS/Nintendo exclusive and I'm drawing a blank.

Synth

Well, do you really feel Mass Effect is "one of the most exciting in OPM history"? Do you genuinely believe that?

I guess an equally valid question is how much we believe this will actually be "one of the most exciting in OPM history", and not a load of BS as these things so often are.

I hoping for Wipeout (and Shenmue) personally.

PayaV87

Yeah, me and my money waiting for GTAV PS4 edition for a while now. I was able to resist the PS3 copy, but I knew it's coming.

BTW: first post, hi GAF!

Edit: Of course I don't know anything, I think it just obvious that it will be GTAV.

For then to say biggest in their history ... what has been their history?

What reveals of significance has the magazine had in the past? That would help my thought process.

But for it to be that significant and be a series ... perhaps it is a return to a previous series ... or it is a series never touching the Playstation platform.

The bill would fit for Shenmue possibly.

For me, a true next-gen Colony Wars return would blow my mind apart.

A-V-B

I guess an equally valid question is how much we believe this will actually be "one of the most exciting in OPM history", and not a load of BS as these things so often are.

I hoping for Wipeout (and Shenmue) personally.

Wipeout is dead. Psygnosis is dead.

FiggyCal

Banned
The latest Street Fighter. What is it, IV Ultra?

Fucking Skyrim for PS4?

Ultra Stret Fighter 4 would be neat. And it would make sense seeing as they have the hadouken cabs teaser out. And Ono has confirmed that the team was working on a next-gen game. Their use of the word "finally" implies that the game has been teased, alluded to, or expected no?

Hexa

I feel like they wouldn't use the cover just for a port to PS4 for GTA V.
I honestly can't think of anything.

Eusis

I don't know if I want a Wipeout game that's not developed by Liverpool.
I think a reformation of Liverpool would be the bigger deal honestly, not so much that they got to make Wipeout. I kind of expect that would be a third party studio though unless Sony was doing something weird shutting them down then rehiring them practically instantly.
The fact that it says finally being confirmed for PS4 suggests that the question has been lingering for some time about whether or not the series would ever make PS4.

They also say it's "one of the most exiciting in OPM history".

The most fitting game I can think of is probably The Last Guardian. It could also be GTA though, or it could be (lol) a Doom or Quake sequel.

I can't really think of too many series with "massive significance" where this are lingering questions about the series' future on consoles.
It's unlikely, but it'd be hilarious if EA already backed out of that permanent exclusivity for Titanfall. Spinning to a degree that'd make the Xbox One look tame!

TS-08

Not really, see cpp_is_king's post above. There's nothing there that points to Mass Effect, and it makes no sense for EA to reveal a multiplatform game in a Playstation only magazine.

The wording can allude to multiple things. I think "space" and "massive significance" can be intentional hints at ME4. Other words can suggest other conclusions. In fact, one of the games cpp hypothesized is a new IP that someone might suggest couldn't be it because it is not a "series" as the preview mentions. And your guess at what EA might do has nothing to do with what the language itself can be read to imply.

Top Bottom