• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika releasing on PSVita on March 3rd/4th. Digital only,19.99 $/€

JoJoSono

Banned
Once again, the delivery method is more important to you than actually playing a game you would normally be interested in because of hypothetical problems. I think that is weird.
.....................Well yes...the delivery method is how I'm going to be able to get the game....So of course it would be pretty important.....

JoJoSono

Banned
Actually no, it isn't very important. That's what I'm trying to say here. It's the least important part.

Yes, the way the game gets to me is'nt important at all. Even though clearly it is because that's how the game gets to me and without a proper way of getting to me I can't play it. Digital only means I can't play the game because I don't always have internet or the space for it, plus the general disinterest in digital versions. But apparently thats unimportant even though it keeps me from playing the game.

Sure.

Yes, the way the game gets to me is'nt important at all. Even though clearly it is because that's how the game gets to me and without a proper way of getting to me I can't play it. Digital only means I can't play the game because I don't always have internet or the space for it, plus the general disinterest in digital versions. But apparently thats unimportant even though it keeps me from playing the game.

Sure.
You're exaggerating. In reality those are at most small inconveniences. I can make the same list of "problems" for physical releases but I won't because it's silly.

Super Macho Man

Neo Member
I used to be so anti digital, but I've got tons of digital purchases on my PS3, 4, and Nintendo consoles.Over time, I've grown to love digital. I really like the ease of just being able to boot up a game from a menu and get going. Looking to buy a Vita soon, and this will fill my non Persona void for the time being.

Shouta

I'm in though I'm a bit wary of the game itself since the JP reviews were legitimately rough. Also, I'm worried the translation might turn out to be garbage like Sword Art Online, lol.

JoJoSono

Banned
You're exaggerating. In reality those are at most small inconveniences. I can make the same list of "problems" for physical releases but I won't because it's silly.
There's no exaggeration. I don't have space for the game nor the internet to make downloading and re downloading a game convenient. Psychical has no drawbacks like that. I simply buy the game and am done with it and I can play it whenever I want regardless of the internet or not.

I'm in though I'm a bit wary of the game itself since the JP reviews were legitimately rough. Also, I'm worried the translation might turn out to be garbage like Sword Art Online, lol.

Yip i wasn't going to buy it day 1 but the cheap price will probably push me to get it !

Wereroku

Weren't most of the bad reviews about the recurring character they force you to use to defeat bosses? I remember they ended up patching that and fixing some of the complaints that users had.

I can't believe people still want physical handheld games. Having all your games on one card is the dream unless you are a savage that sells games.

I never sell games and have a huge Vita collection. I both play and collect games *gasp*

Having all your Vita games on one card is a dream for sure, because it's not possible if you own more than 59GB of games.

Ideally, physical games would allow you the option to install the full game onto the system if you wanted to. Now that's the dream.

Producer

Lol nothing can top SAO. Bamco got away clean with that one.

I'd probably be more interested in a retail copy if I knew it was going to be more than just a tiny-ass case and a cart.
It's nice in terms of shelf space but...meh.

Most of the physical Vita games I own are SEs.

Is there any reason to question Sony when it comes to translation quality?

Shouta

Weren't most of the bad reviews about the recurring character they force you to use to defeat bosses? I remember they ended up patching that and fixing some of the complaints that users had.

I don't know if they patched it or not but they basically made it so the game focused on an actual character and making that one required for bosses, so it ended up downplaying the story of the family that you were raising to overcome the curse. That was the beauty of the first OreShika. It was totally player driven, very few if any NPCs in the mix.

Is there any reason to question Sony when it comes to translation quality?

The price point?

This sounds super interesting. I'll have to pick this up as long as it's PSTV compatible.

I'm almost certain it will be. The Japanese version is, and moving forward Sony has tried to get as many titles as possible to be PSTV compatible.

I doubt that will be the case. Sony may try to be cheap with this, but I doubt they try to cut as many corners as Bamco.

Wereroku

I don't know if they patched it or not but they basically made it so the game focused on an actual character and making that one required for bosses, so it ended up downplaying the story of the family that you were raising to overcome the curse. That was the beauty of the first OreShika. It was totally player driven, very few if any NPCs in the mix.

Just read up on the articles again. They tried to balance it out a little by reducing her costs and other parts related to her but yeah she is the story so they can only change so much. From reading a really good analysis I can see why fans of the original game would be upset by the changes but being that I didn't play the first one it probably will be less of a problem for me. Also even the negative reviews talk about how enjoy the game is just that some of the systems built into it are not.

Shouta

Sword Art Online was $40 at launch, that's not much to go by.

That proves my point. 40 dollars and a shithole translation! 20 dollars and we gonna get something good? D=

Just read up on the articles again. They tried to balance it out a little by reducing her costs and other parts related to her but yeah she is the story so they can only change so much. From reading a really good analysis I can see why fans of the original game would be upset by the changes but being that I didn't play the first one it probably will be less of a problem for me. Also even the negative reviews talk about how enjoy the game is just that some of the systems built into it are not.

Yeah, figured as much. It's a shame that had to ruin it in that fashion but the rest of the game sounds like it's pretty good.

monpiece

Banned
I am not complaining about the price, but $20 for a game like Oreshika is insane.

Probably means Sony just want to publish the game they promised and forget about it.

Reveirg

Is the English Asian physical version still releasing?

If so what's the best site to buy from that ships to Canada?

As I said, I understand all of that. If you can choose between digital and physical and you choose physical, great. But if you decide to not buy a game you want because it is only available in digital form, that is when I think you're weird. I even understand if you don't like to buy full price, 40€-60€ games digitally. But that's why DD has plenty of sales and like in this case lower prices in general.

People need to stop treating DD like a big evil thing and accept that it's here to stay. And that's a good thing. It lowers barriers and risk for games and we're getting releases we would never get otherwise.

This is what I'm talking about

I'm not treating it like it is evil, I just don't value it the same way you do. I buy digital games, but I don't pay full price for them. They aren't worth it to me. I can't sell them, or trade them without selling or trading a whole account, I don't own anything with a digital purchase. So to me it is worth about $5. I never said DD was bad, I can just wait to play it until it is a price I think it is worth.

Alucrid

Banned
really? $20? day one

edit: oh man, just read the rest of the thread. sony could give this game away for free and the first post would be "no physical release?"

Man I am liking this. I am excited for the game AND its at a discount price of $20. Loved when they did Freedom Wars for $30 as well. This is the Sony Vita support I want and crave. Too bad its over after this game...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Considering how they just suddenly are dropping this on folks lap without any real word in advance I seriously see this more as them sending the title out to die.

Not the smartest thing to do considering whats coming out next month.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Pretty much for those who never played the original title as you have said yourself that it should not be all that much of an issue. So those in the West should be fine for the most part and if said users enjoy an old school style of JRPG gameplay then most def they will have a good time. Since the whole family lineage system is awesome and hilarious at times.

Cloudy

Banned
I wanted that lovely boxart too but I will support this in hopes of more games coming over. Not buying this at $20 cos it's digital-only after clamoring for it seems ridiculous IMO

leroidys

I will buy it day 1 since it will be the last Vita exclusive game published by Sony.

gpcadR6.gif

Y...y-you mean until Gravity Rush 2 comes out? Right? Vita senpai?????

Wow that is sooner than expected. Not happy that this is digital only but I really can't deny that is a killer price. I know this got some poor reviews but I am interested enough to give it a look.

Top Bottom