• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition releasing March 11th on XB1/W10

fourteentoone

Neo Member
Thomas is there a possibility the new music in DE getting a standalone release?

Yes, 7 tracks + the DE trailer.

Plus the E3 trailer and launch trailer.

And the 10 tracks that didn't make the original soundtrack release.

And 6 more that are either alternates / not used from the game (including 1 which we recorded with the orchestra and then threw out! not because it was bad, but because it ended up not working with the scene)

And 3 more from the prototype of the game, where the vibe was very different.

This release is digital and will be FREE. 29 tracks in total. 1 hour, 5 minutes. Between this album and the original, Ori soundtrack completionists should be satiated.

We may or may not be working on something else down the line too.....

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Microsoft is handling that, but the Xbox Wire says that if you buy the Definitive Edition, you get the original game for free as well :)

I don't see why anyone would want to play the original after the DE is released - Maybe some speedrunners, but even they will probably adapt and use the new abilities, fast travel, etc.

It's just objectively a better game now, thanks to the DLC and all you guys sending us feedback that we addressed!

Awesome, thanks for the answer!

As to why I'd still play the original first, it's just how I am I guess - for example, if there is a movie that I didn't watch yet that has an Extended Edition, I'd want to watch the regular first just to see what was new!

And 6 more that are either alternates / not used from the game (including 1 which we recorded with the orchestra and then threw out! not because it was bad, but because it ended up not working with the scene)

This release is digital and will be FREE. 29 tracks in total. 1 hour, 5 minutes. Between this album and the original, Ori soundtrack completionists should be satiated.

Oh wow - nice!

God damn it let me throw money at you please, I mean right now!

jadedm17

I've gotta say something : As a gamer, I've always been inclined towards online shooters, namely Gears of War but a lot of fond memories from Goldeneye 007 up to Halo 3, Call of Duty, even a bit of Titanfall I enjoyed a lot. The problem with this lies in my trust of the human component, something that's provided endless frustration especially most recently in Halo 5 where I'm forced to play games down a player for 5-10 minutes or not play multiplayer for 1-8 hours. That said, my favorite memories are of epic single player campaigns like Journey or The Last of Us, or most recently both of the new Tomb Raiders I beat a few months ago; I'm really really enjoying Ori and the Blind Forest right now. Thank you to everyone involved in this beautiful game and I'm truely sorry it took me this long to play a game I've been wanting to play.

TL;DR : Playing Ori for the first time is scratching an itch I've been having for a few months. Very happy right now.

Top Bottom