• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition releasing March 11th on XB1/W10

As an achievement whore, I can safely say the list is great. And I always go for 100%. It's a list for every challenge in the game. This is great.

In fact, I likely wouldn't have bought this if it were an easy 1-Playthrough list.

"Complainers" that are expressing disappointment in a very rational, reasonable and pleasant manner. And "complainers" that already bought the game at least once, if not more than once (I bought on both Xone and PC). But sure, just brush those people aside like the negative scum they are, right?

That's not how I meant it. Not as an insult. Complaining is not wrong! My apologies. Edited my post.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
do you have ocd?

When it comes to achievements, I obviously do. I have dummy accounts on both PS4 and Xbox One to try out the free games so they don't stain my trophy/achievement list if I don't keep them installed.

I look at trophy/achievement lists before buying games too.

If I see achievements I'll never be able to get, I don't buy the game.

Now with Ori DE, I know I'll be able to get the 1250GS, but I already did it for the first 1000. I shouldn't have to do it again. As I said, my gaming time is limited these days, which just further justifies (in my head at least) the need to be selective about games with acceptable achievements.

Correct. It should have been. Kinda annoyed now that I won't be getting this. But I just can't justify it. It's not the money, it's the TIME investment..

Is there a reason you can't just...you know...just play the game irrespective of achievements? For fun, I mean. That way the time spent is only as much as you want to spend?

dLMN8R

I remember when people were happy about the fact that they could inflate their gamer score by getting a second set of achievements for a game they already beat before.

My how things have changed!

Welfare

I remember when people were happy about the fact that they could inflate their gamer score by getting a second set of achievements for a game they already beat before.

We were younger back then lol

Now there are more responsibilities, which means less time to spend overall.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Theres nothing stopping you getting them eventually at some point though right?

Technically no. At some point down the line, if I've managed to get control of my backlog and I don't have anything else to play, I could do it. But you've seen the 2016/2017 release list right?

As an owner of all 3 consoles, how likely is it that il have nothing to play in the foreseeable future?

Is there a reason you can't just...you know...just play the game irrespective of achievements? For fun, I mean. That way the time spent is only as much as you want to spend?

Nope. Unfortunately I don't work that way. I acknowledge that's not normal. It is what it is.

Yep. I did that too, before life happened. I DID do it for Forza Fast and Furious, but the difference there is that getting 1000 in that takes an hour.

Getting 1000 in Ori took me almost 48 hours in game time. Can't afford that kind of time investment again on a game I already played through the first time.

Wonder if my late 2013 macbook can run this on my partitioned W10.

Don't know exactly what hardware you're running there, but I just played the DE on my Surface Pro 4 and it works just fine - That thing has an integrated Intel GPU, so if you had a Macbook Pro, I'm pretty sure you should be OK :)

Kaiken

Banned
Don't know exactly what hardware you're running there, but I just played the DE on my Surface Pro 4 and it works just fine - That thing has an integrated Intel GPU, so if you had a Macbook Pro, I'm pretty sure you should be OK :)

Yup, it's a pro. I've been wanting to play this.

Yeah after reading more, it definitely looks like it's a completely separate game will not only require I play through the game again, but also get all those same achievements again.

Sorry but no. I'm out. So disappointed in that. Not doing all those achievements again. No way no how. Especially with a building backlog and Quantum Break, Ratchet and Clank, StarFox, Uncharted and KI Season 3 all around the corner.

Sorry Thomas, I love love LOVE Ori, but I can't do all that again.

It was never announced as a dlc add-on, it was announced as a separate game. The devs have been pretty clear on this.

Is there any hope for uncompressed textures?

ori_2015_07_24_00_07_karh2.jpg

Hey everyone,

Yeah, there were some issues left to fix regarding the PC versions that we couldn't tackle in time... We're burning the midnight oil to get the Windows 10 and Steam versions out ASAP. I know we said before that these versions would also be release don March 11th, but we just couldn't make it in time anymore. I hope you guys understand that situation, we didn't want to push something out that wasn't quite ready yet.

There will be a bunch more very positive Ori news in the upcoming weeks - We're super excited about a few upcoming things and I'm sure you guys will love it, too :)

I hope you guys enjoy the Definitive Edition of Ori. Another year of work was put into it and with all the new features, I'm hoping that we made all of you happy with the DE! :)

Hi Thomas,

I'm a new member here and it's rare to be able to address this so personally in gratitude, so I'll take a quick shot. Thank you and your team for Ori, it's truly a wondrous game that reminds me of why I'm a gamer in the first place. It lives up there with games that constitute much greater sums than that of their parts. I'm sure you get much appreciation....well, here's one more! Thank you.

I do hope we'll eventually see a physical release, as I'd love to have this on my shelf and not just on some far away server or HDD.

CompC

Wish this wasn't an exclusive. My laptop doesn't play this fast enough, and an Xbox One is the only console I don't have. Hopefully this will one day jump to other platforms, like Fez did.

Hi Thomas,

I'm a new member here and it's rare to be able to address this so personally in gratitude, so I'll take a quick shot. Thank you and your team for Ori, it's truly a wondrous game that reminds me of why I'm a gamer in the first place. It lives up there with games that constitute much greater sums than that of their parts. I'm sure you get much appreciation....well, here's one more! Thank you.

I do hope we'll eventually see a physical release, as I'd love to have this on my shelf and not just on some far away server or HDD.

Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate it :)

Regarding the physical release... we hear you, loud and clear.

Thomas is there a possibility the new music in DE getting a standalone release?
I think Gareth and Microsoft are working on something pretty dang cool...

bumpkin

All I care about is whether or not upgrading will let me load my Completed save and get the few life/energy cells I was missing for the respective achievements. Tell me this is possible, thomas!

orfax

All I care about is whether or not upgrading will let me load my Completed save and get the few life/energy cells I was missing for the respective achievements. Tell me this is possible, thomas!
If you have the Steam version someone has written a powershell script to unlock the save file. I really hope Moon Studios release a patch that will do it officially on the old version. Sounds like the DE version won't be locked after finishing.

Oh BTW, thanks thomasmahler. Ori is a gorgeous game. I played it last week. Loved it.

Vexidus

The new trailer is lovely! I can't wait to play this again. One of the best gaming experiences I've had since I was a kid.

The new trailer is lovely! I can't wait to play this again. One of the best gaming experiences I've had since I was a kid.

Thank you! I think it's one of our best trailers yet apart form the original E3 trailer - Gareth did an amazing job with the music at the end of the trailer, it really gets the goosebumps going :) And shoutout to Cassie Brooksbank, our editor. She's edited every trailer we ever did and just always does an amazing job :)

Backlogger

#ihavetoomanygamestoplay so I haven't spent much time on this. A digital copy came with my Xbox. Maybe I'll grab the upgrade and jump in :)

Yep. I did that too, before life happened. I DID do it for Forza Fast and Furious, but the difference there is that getting 1000 in that takes an hour.

Getting 1000 in Ori took me almost 48 hours in game time. Can't afford that kind of time investment again on a game I already played through the first time.

????

So.... don't...... play it????

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Does the Definitive Edition let you play the "original" game if you buy the complete package instead of just the upgrade?

I'm asking this as someone who hasn't gotten Ori yet, still have to get my XB1.

Does the Definitive Edition let you play the "original" game if you buy the complete package instead of just the upgrade?

I'm asking this as someone who hasn't gotten Ori yet, still have to get my XB1.

Microsoft is handling that, but the Xbox Wire says that if you buy the Definitive Edition, you get the original game for free as well :)

I don't see why anyone would want to play the original after the DE is released - Maybe some speedrunners, but even they will probably adapt and use the new abilities, fast travel, etc.

It's just objectively a better game now, thanks to the DLC and all you guys sending us feedback that we addressed!

I'm not the one who should answer this, but we always like the first line of text in the game: 'We shall always remember the night' :)

That'd be good, wish I thought of it, but after the Amazon Tony stuff from a couple years back I'm a bit antsy to use anything from a dev in an OT, even if just a quote from the game for a title.

Top Bottom