• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origin $20 off coupon [Expired - EA states they're honoring games]

2MF

Alice Madness Returns
Battlefield 2 Complete Collection
Battlefield 2142
Burnout Paradise
Bulletstorm
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Darkspore
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age II
FIFA Soccer 12
Mass Effect 2
Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor Airborne
Mercenaries 2 World in Flames
Mirror's Edge
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed Shift (and Shift 2)
The Saboteur
Shank
Shank 2
Spore

Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight
Simcity 4 Deluxe

legacyzero

Banned
Alice Madness Returns
Battlefield 2 Complete Collection
Battlefield 2142
Burnout Paradise
Bulletstorm
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Darkspore
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age II
FIFA Soccer 12
Mass Effect 2
Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor Airborne
Mercenaries 2 World in Flames
Mirror's Edge
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed Shift (and Shift 2)
The Saboteur
Shank
Shank 2
Spore
My god, you cleaned them out! lol

alazz

This is worth picking up just for the music alone.
That's true. The music is much better than C&C3's, but I prefer C&C3's game play. But why choose? RA2 still exists! Shame The First Decade is physical only.

I had a hard time finding some games to get. What are the best ones to pick up on this deal?
Bulletstorm
Mirror's Edge

The Sims 2 (3 if you can)
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
Command & Conquer 3 and Kane's Wrath
Dragon Age Origins
Crysis

there's a lot of good stuff in there, but those popped into my head immediately.

Pikma

Banned
Oooh I have to wait for an email confirmation, okay thanks.

Thank you, too.

Yes, some recieve it instantly once they put the order, but it may take some time, my first order with 15+ games took 5 hours haha , so if that's the case (hopefully not), be patient. :p

jediyoshi

I wonder what EA is thinking right now. They must know this is going on, right?

Seeing as sometime between now and when it first when up they've updated restrictions and still allow for multiple games on the same account, a lot of it's probably deliberate at this point. BF3 premium through another region on Origin was super cheap once and that only lasted for a few hours.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
so my question is: how is this different than piracy, in ethic terms?

Sorry if this question breaks any rule. But is it just because they're giving the method to do it? (even though some are exploiting it to make it work further

Because the products were all purchased firsthand legitimately from the original source using promotional offers the distribution source created and put into motion. Using their own terminology from the confirmation email, everyone who used these deals placed an "order" where the buyer was given a "receipt" for "purchased games."

I kinda see where you're coming from, but this is exactly the opposite of piracy. A transaction was made with the distributor for download access and matching product keys for individual pieces of software. Each transaction used deals that the distributor created and set into motion. Everything here is legal and above the board, so to speak.

Just because the distributor didn't take into account what the offers really meant when used together doesn't mean that customers are in the wrong for using the offers the distributor created and provided.

Noricart

Well this is what I got when I clicked apply:
Origin said:
No Response from Application Web Server

There was no response from the application web server for the page you requested.
Please notify the site's webmaster and try your request again later.
Game Over GAF?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Wow. It's been way too long since I've played The Sims 2. I used to have only the base game and it ran at sub 30 FPS on low-medium settings on our old desktop. Now I have nearly all the content and it runs like butter. This is going to be a totally different experience.

Got Bulletstorm, Burnout, Dead Space 2, and Mirror's Edge in the last 40 mins. All I really want atm, definitely still working just use incognito mode and clear your history/cookies before trying again.

just didn't work for me, at all. incognito, different computers, different browsers, different OSes.

2 was my limit.

Tc91

just didn't work for me, at all. incognito, different computers, different browsers, different OSes.

2 was my limit.

Same here. 2 was the limit grabbed The Saboteur + Command and Conqueror which I will probably never play.

Just asks for credit card info, the code still works.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Watch EA come out and spin it like

See VALVE!, we have more subscribers/accounts than Steam!

1 week later

Valve: *cough*Half Life 3*cough*

World Ends

Victor: VALVE

Sajjaja

Because the products were all purchased firsthand legitimately from the original source using promotional offers the distribution source created and put into motion. Using their own terminology from the confirmation email, everyone who used these deals placed an "order" where the buyer was given a "receipt" for "purchased games."

I kinda see where you're coming from, but this is exactly the opposite of piracy. A transaction was made with the distributor for download access and matching product keys for individual pieces of software. Each transaction used deals that the distributor created and set into motion. Everything here is legal and above the board, so to speak.

Just because the distributor didn't take into account what the offers really meant when used together doesn't mean that customers are in the wrong for using the offers the distributor created and provided.

Yeah.

Scrabble

fuck I guess I'm just unlucky because after my first free game I haven't been able to get it to work again and I've tried every suggestion offered in this thread.

olimpia84

Still working (at least for me). Make sure your first game is Sim City 4, after that it lets you use the code as many times as you want just make sure you sign out from the origin webiste every time you add a new game to your cart.

edit: that and just buy one game at a time

Same here. 2 was the limit grabbed The Saboteur + Command and Conqueror which I will probably never play.

Just asks for credit card info, the code still works.
It asks me for CC info once. I didn't enter one of course. It means your paying.

Well, gonna clear cache and cookies again.

Isn't downloading a game supposedly something you should not be able to do, but because some people circumvented the measures against it it can? Wouldn't it be the case of people with 20 games, when the website is telling you that the code is invalid once it has been used? So morally, it's a one time use. They screwed up? Yes, they did. But it's not like we're doing a right thing exploiting it. getting one game for free is not exploiting it, as it seems to be the purpose of expanding origin. So it's a trade of non-benefits from ea to promote the service. 20 times... not so much.

Top Bottom