• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origin $20 off coupon [Expired - EA states they're honoring games]

Ran rp

Haha, if it asks for cc info that means you're paying.

I think he's saying that he can't get the games free anymore and that Origin's now asking for card info (which happens to everyone when they reach their limit), not that the's been purchasing it with his card.

Edit: beaten, lol

Tc91

Haha, if it asks for cc info that means you're paying.

It asks me for CC info once. I didn't enter one of course. It means your paying.

Well, gonna clear cache and cookies again.

Well just because it asks for CC info doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to enter it.

Worked fine before without asking for the CC but after 2 games it is now asking for it.

Guess something is borked for me.

Edit:
PSY・S;43164223 said:
I think he's saying that he can't get the games free anymore and that Origin's now asking for card info (which happens to everyone when they reach their limit), not that the's been purchasing it with his card.

Edit: beaten, lol

Thank you sir :p

Got everything I wanted from Origin now. Bulletstorm, Crysis, Crysis Warhead,Need for Speed: hot pursuit and The Saboteur. EA sure is generous. :p

Isn't downloading a game supposedly something you should not be able to do, but because some people circumvented the measures against it it can? Wouldn't it be the case of people with 20 games, when the website is telling you that the code is invalid once it has been used? So morally, it's a one time use. They screwed up? Yes, they did. But it's not like we're doing a right thing exploiting it. getting one game for free is not exploiting it, as it seems to be the purpose of expanding origin. So it's a trade of non-benefits from ea to promote the service. 20 times... not so much.

Getting separate accounts may be an exploit but trying again on different computers/browsers isn't. There is no limit for this coupon, I think (not sure though), the cookie is giving a time limit. Because many people trying after a period of time managed to get another game using that code. But the final answer must be given by EA.

Also seeing that their active twitter account @AskEASupport isn't talking about it I'd say they are not caring about this or they planned it this way.

So is it just me or the store is down, would be funny if they put it offline to fix this hahahaha, i'd like to imagine them just pulling the power cord.

PaulLFC

Got FIFA 12 free, so I was going to see if I could get the UEFA Euro 2012 DLC too but it doesn't seem like they sell it in the US. I know it's Europe-focussed obviously, but still, strange decision. I would have thought the tournament is quite big worldwide.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey, guys who are having trouble with GFWL, try going to Xbox.com, logging in with your gamertag and accepting the new terms of service. See if that fixes the issue.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
God dammit whats with the credit card shit, I cleared the cache/cookies but it's popping up during checkout now. Anyway to get past it?

Something may be up, not getting the standard ordered message anymore. Now I get this;

"Thank you for your order. Your order is being processed and you will be notified of the result shortly."

Or come be that the site is getting completely hammered ;)

statham

got
Crysis & Warhead, Shift 2, SimCity 4, Simcity societies, Dead space 2, Metal of honor, C&C 4, Tiger woods and spore & spore creator. oh and a bunch of sims 3 packs. Think I'm done.

statham

the one positive for EA, alot of people have now installed Origin and will be playing games on Origin. and besides Crysis/warhead I doubt I would have bought any of these games and only would have bought crysis when it dropped to $5 bucks.

Scrabble

Okay so I finally somehow got this to work and this is fuckin crazy. I'm just downloading games left and right. Surely this is too good to be true and ea's gonna take back all these games? Right?

inm8num2

Used the code once last night on 9 games. Keep trying today but I get the "Invalid Promo Code" error. I don't feel like making multiple accounts and all that. I got enough, but I'm curious how people keep doing multiple transactions on the same accounts.

Used the code once last night on 9 games. Keep trying today but I get the "Invalid Promo Code" error. I don't feel like making multiple accounts and all that. I got enough, but I'm curious how people keep doing multiple transactions on the same accounts.

Went from Origin client, to Firefox and am now making a third purchase on Internet Explorer.

Is anyone finding the slickdeals prices not counting anymore? I did it with Mass Effect 2 and it worked, since ME2 is $19.99, but when I tried ME3 with the Slickdeals link to make it $12.00 the code just wouldn't work. And I tried ME3 first, ME2 is just so I know it was still working.

Just wondering, was this fixed? I've already managed to get Dragon Age Origins, Awakening, Bulletstorm, The Sims 2, The Sabouter and Mirror's Edge (all on different accounts, I can't make more than one purchase per account) but when trying to get Battlefield Bad Company 2 I ended up at this page:

Akw9D.png

Top Bottom