• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| ArcheAge - Queuing Simulator 2014

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
thank god i decided not to play this even if i have the archeum founder lol

Don't you get patron status with that? I've never had to wait more than an hour to get in as a patron and usually it's less than half an hour. Had a queue right now but I was in in 3 minutes. This is on Tahyang.

timkunedo

Don't you get patron status with that? I've never had to wait more than an hour to get in as a patron and usually it's less than half an hour. Had a queue right now but I was in in 3 minutes. This is on Tahyang.

I'm tempted to switch servers to Tahyang then. I'm a Patron and was in a 3+ hour queue last night, giving up and going to bed. This morning i logged in at 7:30 AM CST and i'm still in that queue right now. On the Kyrios Server.

Slacker

I'm a patron. Doesn't help on Kyrios. Well, I guess maybe it does (f2p could be 12 hours for all I know), but it's still really bad.

TheYanger

Game is so awesome. Even if I wanted to swap servers from Kyrios (since it went down again while I was asleep in the queue and now it's back over 3,000) I can't. Have two characters on it and I can't even attempt to connect to other servers because of it. Done with it, Trion you fucked up. Should PROBABLY stop letting people just sit afk beating on dummies or on character select all day.

Game is so awesome. Even if I wanted to swap servers from Kyrios (since it went down again while I was asleep in the queue and now it's back over 3,000) I can't. Have two characters on it and I can't even attempt to connect to other servers because of it. Done with it, Trion you fucked up. Should PROBABLY stop letting people just sit afk beating on dummies or on character select all day.
Same exact issue here. Have to wait in line JUST to delete my characters from one server, only to have to wait in line AGAIN to start on another server.

I understand launch blah blah blah, but still.

repeater

I was kinda curious about this game, so I thought I should download it and try it out. But I just can't find it by searching Steam. Have they temporarily removed it from the storefront in order to reduce load on the servers or something?

repeater

Have you tried Bing'ing it?
That's certainly a valid question (or rather, the cousin of a valid question), but: no! In my defense, the game was on Steam for the beta (I saw it just a couple of weeks ago), so I naturally assumed it would be on Steam for the final release as well.

ZenVolta

That's certainly a valid question (or rather, the cousin of a valid question), but: no! In my defense, the game was on Steam for the beta (I saw it just a couple of weeks ago), so I naturally assumed it would be on Steam for the final release as well.

I posted that poking fun that you couldnt find it. However I saw it on steam as well. Maybe steam didnt want to take a chance on it? Kinda like Stomping Lands?

The game looks interesting...

The big red button that says PLAY is the most interesting NPC I've ever seen... Then that blue box of HackShield that make me feel more secure.

The combat? Pretty interesting. I'm trying to be an expert but it's pretty hard. I have to understand what i'm doing wrong because the queue time increase sometimes. Those deadly traps that say "Try another server" are the hardest boss in this game.

9/10 Would queue again

repeater

I posted that poking fun that you couldnt find it. However I saw it on steam as well. Maybe steam didnt want to take a chance on it? Kinda like Stomping Lands?
Well, when I did a
something
search for it, it seems like Trion Worlds are running the game off something called the "Glyph" client. Maybe that interfered with Steam or vice versa. :)

ZenVolta

Well, when I did a
something
search for it, it seems like Trion Worlds are running the game off something called the "Glyph" client. Maybe that interfered with Steam or vice versa. :)

It could be the way they handle updates for the game. Seems like its HIGHLY compressed and maybe steam couldnt handle those types of updates the way the glyph launcher does.

Zoon

Soon to reach 6hr in queue.Still in position 900+.I guess since I am on EU people will start logging off.
Edit:864 and wait time is approx 35 mins.Maybe I can still play today.

Slacker

Soon to reach 6hr in queue.Still in position 900+.I guess since I am on EU people will start logging off.
Edit:864 and wait time is approx 35 mins.Maybe I can still play today.

As you may already know, the time displayed is complete fiction. In my experience 500 people ahead means 60 to 90 minutes.

patientx

Dear European netizens go to bed and shut down that computer too. You are tired, you need sleep in a quiet enviroment. ..so that I can enter the game :)

Slacker

3500 in queue on Kyrios now. That's 10 hours easy. :( My only hope is the server crashing while I happen to be online to notice and get back in line as fast as possible.

Tash

The game is so gorgeous IF I can actually get in...

thVpcWT.jpg

Brick

I've been reading that people are having a really tough time getting in, but I just started it up for the first time, picked a server, and got right into game. I think the server is called Lucius. Did I just get crazy lucky or is there a reason people don't want to play on this server?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've been reading that people are having a really tough time getting in, but I just started it up for the first time, picked a server, and got right into game. I think the server is called Lucius. Did I just get crazy lucky or is there a reason people don't want to play on this server?

I've never heard of that server before, so......... I'm assuming they just added it oO

Rafterman

Banned
Welp, I think I am done with this game.
Just got my first crafting quest to make a spice...it requires 100+ mats for one lol.
Yeah okay, I played other Korean MMO before but geezus that is a lot of mats.
And man, crafting in this game is much harder than in real life, all the mats are in 100+ combined range. Gathering only allows me to pick up 2-5/node =/.

It's a spice pack, not a single spice. And when you turn it in you get Guilda Stars or a big chunk of gold. I don't think you understand the quest you are doing, you aren't crafting an item you are crafting a trade pack.

Lol you must have been really lucky and started up the game RIGHT when the new servers went online.

Estimated wait time on new server already > 1 h. Also looks like some servers are locked from creating any new characters on. I wonder how many people are allowed on a server at a time...

Korten

Banned
Saw that new servers were added, get on to try and get on Inoch. All servers have queues, and Inochs is the biggest I've seen thus far...

10/10 would Queue up again.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
When I Dash, the screen kinda glitches out every now and then, is this my GPU or a known issue?

It's lag. I had it when first logging in when the game went live but it's only happened once since when my guild and I were sailing, everyone experienced it at the same time.

Smiley90

Because so many servers aren't allowing anymore character creations, I'm assuming other servers are more busy.

... Naima 2k people waitlist. I'm expecting a 2h wait :/

Today the first farms without taxes paid are gonna disappear, no? I wanted to use that to put my farmhouse down somewhere lol

Smiley90

One of the worst mmo launches I've seen in awhile. Either they weren't expecting this amount of people at all or they're just being cheap and stubborn.

"All the servers have 5h queues? We'll give them.... ONE new server! that'll solve all our problems."

Because so many servers aren't allowing anymore character creations, I'm assuming other servers are more busy.

... Naima 2k people waitlist. I'm expecting a 2h wait :/

Today the first farms without taxes paid are gonna disappear, no? I wanted to use that to put my farmhouse down somewhere lol

You're deeeeefinitely going to be waiting longer than 2hrs unless you're a Patron. I'm on Naima and I was number 27xx when I started at 3pm. I'm currently 900.

Rafterman

Banned
You're deeeeefinitely going to be waiting longer than 2hrs unless you're a Patron. I'm on Naima and I was number 27xx when I started at 3pm. I'm currently 900.

Yep, I queued in Kyrios about 7 1/2 hours ago at #3700 and I'm just now getting into the 600's. He's got at least 5 hours left.

Smiley90

I'm a Patron, yeah. I waited ~60-75mins with a 1200 people queue yesterday, so 2h for 2000 people seemed like a fair estimate.

Top Bottom