• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

Why not 1350 px? That's about the limit before NeoGAF resizes width, I think.

It's not really a limit thing.
At least in my case, I've tried to find a middle ground for people who browse on a computer AND people who browse GAF using their phone/tablet.
PC people have no problem with huge pics but for people with small devices interested in a certain game OT it can be a chore.

Images resize in Mobile GAF too but if your pic is too big and it happens to have text just imagine what kind of experience mobile users will have.

It's just my opinion tho. If Madridista wants to use bigger pics then that's his choice :)

Dawg

headerimportantfffujoqu.png

test1_headq7pgi.png

iP7RGMo.png

history1nxp2p.png

history2_ok6sotf.png

history3_ok5bo32.png

history4_okmwpgx.png

waitinghuhbgpxq.png

improvedfinalmotherba3lqop.png

maincastzip74.png

charsfinal19rz5.png

whoahczp0r.png

85p1s.png

evolution71qdr.png

gameplaycurg8.png

videos0ap18.png

thread2moj2.png

endofanera5vpua.png

tiredofthisfuckingefazcq88.png

01-q2fyvqsu1qzu.png
02-6aumjjhk0rq3.png
03-ecxnn6onepc8.png
04-tttsl0v2rpb9.png
05-zjsimm0w3r6f.png
06-dn1p7eu9io6t.png

07-u2mtbg6m4r1q.png
08-nzgm0gxn1o90.png
09-lkgaozk0do5g.png
10-7ifbcjyvap80.png
11-rzlk5xddnqkx.png
12-5zfhtwbf2odv.png

Roo

Yeah, well. That's something I've been looking into myself. I always work from a 1080p point of view but it gets more difficult if you want to take mobile users into account. And I do. But then 1000px looks a little bit too small on my 1080p, I think.

I'm still trying out things for the MGS V OT later this year. I was already preparing lots of images, so I want to make sure they'll be fine on mobile too.

When I made all my Mario Kart 8 threads I tested different size images and I found 1000px to be the perfect size for everyone.
Nicely resized for mobile users and big enough for PC users to enjoy the OT work.

edit: btw, when I say mobile users, I mean landscape mode in phones/tablets.
Even I know browsing OTs in portrait mode is a lost cause.

Hikami

So I came here to check who was making the Oreshika OT since the game comes out next week.. surprised no one has claimed it yet. ( Well I searched and found nothing)

I'll go ahead and take it, I'm pretty excited about this game.
--

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines by Hikami (February 22nd 2015)

Release date: March 3rd/4th (NA/EU)

MattyG

Banned
I just realized that I popped in here months ago, fiddled with the idea of claiming an OT and then chickened out because I can't do photo and graphic editing. But I'm taking a class for it now! I still probably suck, but I'm a little more confident about it now!

Would I be allowed to claim the Fallout 4 OT even though the game hasn't been announced? Or does it have to be an announced title?

MattyG

Banned
has to be announced and be releasing within a year.
Alright, that makes sense. I guess I'll just have to have a "claim" post typed out and my finger hovering over the post button during Bethesda's E3 presser then.

It's gonna happen guys. I'm telling you.

TheMoon

Alright, that makes sense. I guess I'll just have to have a "claim" post typed out and my finger hovering over the post button during Bethesda's E3 presser then.

It's gonna happen guys. I'm telling you.

Remember the "released within a year" thing, too. I doubt they'll release F4 within 12 months of it being first announced.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Etrian Mystery Dungeon (Import / US 3DS) Parakeetman (25th, February 2015)

Japan Release Date
March 05, 2015

US Release Date
April 07, 2015

This OT will be a combined region OT. Details below.

Thread will be released on the JP date, then when the US one comes round will rebrand the title and the community will continue on from there. Since its a pretty niche title figured having just a single OT would be for the best. Will be talking to the EO community here at GAF also / working with them. So most def others will be assisting with info and such from there.

=========

Since have all the resources already will do the US version of DQ Heroes also. Granted no specific release date its been stated for a 2015 release this year.

Dragon Quest Heroes (US release PS4) Parakeetman (25th, February 2015)

US Release Date
TBA 2015

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/dragon-quest-heroes-coming-west

=========

Ray Gigant (Import PS Vita) Parakeetman (25th, February 2015)

Summer 2015.

The game is supposed to be releasing in the next couple of months.

Inside by dancrane212 (2nd July 2014)

And if no one else is going to do them I'll grab these two as well, both releasing in the next couple of days. If someone else wanted them hit me up and you can have them. I just don't want either to die in the water, not given a chance, like some other smaller games recently.

Pneuma: Breath of Life by dancrane212 (2nd July 2014)

White Night by dancrane212 (2nd July 2014)

New B/S/T Thread by nrvalleytime (3/1/2015)

The original creator of the thread seems a little MIA, so I'll create the new one since I help maintain the feedback sheet. Anyone know how to get the old thread and new one placed there?

Levyne

Banned

The original creator of the thread seems a little MIA, so I'll create the new one. Anyone know how to get the old thread and new one placed there?

You could probably just PM any mod and they'd be more than happy to swap the stickied thread for a new one.

JayEH

The original creator of the thread seems a little MIA, so I'll create the new one since I help maintain the feedback sheet. Anyone know how to get the old thread and new one placed there?

he was just online earlier.

Nemesis_

This will be done tonight, sorry I forgot about y'all ._.

Now that all my drama at work is behind me I can focus on updating this once every day or perhaps even once every two days. It won't get as bad this time I promise :3

Parakeetman

This will be done tonight, sorry I forgot about y'all ._.

Now that all my drama at work is behind me I can focus on updating this once every day or perhaps even once every two days. It won't get as bad this time I promise :3

Thank you for the hard work with the updates Nemesis_ it is much appreciated as always!

Nemesis_

The thread is updated but I just realised I missed Dragon Quest Heroes by parakeetman. I'll be adding that when I get home from work tonight, I'm just late as it is ;_;

Parakeetman

The thread is updated but I just realised I missed Dragon Quest Heroes by parakeetman. I'll be adding that when I get home from work tonight, I'm just late as it is ;_;

haha no problem Nemesis_ the OT has already gone up with zero issues!

Thank you for the updates!

TheMoon

Parakeetman

The JP Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon OT should go up sometime later today. Am a bit swamped with things so putting some delays on that. Though its no big deal as I know most folks here are waiting for the US version anyways which comes out next month / the OT will turn into. So the delay with the OT should hardly effect anyone.

OT is up and running, all is well with the world

TheMoon

While we're at it, next week's Code Name S.T.E.A.M. OT will also turn into the WW OT in May since NA is getting it two months before anyone else.

Just need to figure out a non-crappy subtitle now...

Parakeetman

While we're at it, next week's Code Name S.T.E.A.M. OT will also turn into the WW OT in May since NA is getting it two months before anyone else.

Just need to figure out a non-crappy subtitle now...

Think of something related to the shitty Amibo "DLC" practice ;D

TheMoon

I figure might as well make a joke of it, since you know the thread will be filled with folks still freaking out about it lol. D:

I expect most of the repeat comments to be about the duration of enemy turns, like every thread about the game since the demo lol. Lots of potential for negative jokes there :D

maxcriden

I expect most of the repeat comments to be about the duration of enemy turns, like every thread about the game since the demo lol. Lots of potential for negative jokes there :D

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. | OT | Why are the aliens standing around not doing anything?

It's really my fault for not noticing and changing the post where I claimed it, but this:

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae by orthodoxy1095 (17th September 2014)

Shouldn't really be listed as mine. It's Kagari's because she intended to do it since she's doing the Type-0 OT (where the demo comes from) and I'm merely helping out.

I would really like to do Wolfenstein: The Old Blood!

Will format correctly when I get to a computer.

Correct Format: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood by Levyne (4th March 2015)

Now this is actually what I came to the thread to claim. Damn you. Good snag :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom