• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

[OT] UK General Election: May 7th 2015 by Volotaire (19th April 2014) will be posted at the end of March to time with the first election debates and the end of this government's final parliament session.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
No one taking Etrian Mystery Dungeon?

I have the US one.

The Import one is already done.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153608225&postcount=3169

Etrian Mystery Dungeon (Import / US 3DS) Parakeetman (25th, February 2015)

Japan Release Date
March 05, 2015

US Release Date
April 07, 2015

This OT will be a combined region OT. Details below.

Thread will be released on the JP date, then when the US one comes round will rebrand the title and the community will continue on from there. Since its a pretty niche title figured having just a single OT would be for the best. Will be talking to the EO community here at GAF also / working with them. So most def others will be assisting with info and such from there.

Though might just go and put together the US one as that will hardly take any time swapping out the parts.

As expected and as I predicted not that many posts due to folks waiting for the US version on top of the fact that the 3DS is region locked in the first place, which generally gets a smaller crowd of importers. You wouldnt be able to do anything anyways till about a day before the launch, so its not like a thread would magically fill up. Considering we have new rules in place for OT releases.

Parakeetman

Ah, I should've read your original claim post where you said it'll be a combined region OT!

Am hoping atlusprime can come through with the EU release info, since lots of EU fans are still curious to know when it will release in their region as we have no official word yet.

TheMoon

Am hoping atlusprime can come through with the EU release info, since lots of EU fans are still curious to know when it will release in their region as we have no official word yet.

Hmm... EO4 US -> EU was 6 months and EOU US -> EU was 8 months

Seems to get longer and longer. So next February for EMD, I presume lol

Parakeetman

Hmm... EO4 US -> EU was 6 months and EOU US -> EU was 8 months

Seems to get longer and longer. So next February for EMD, I presume lol

atlusprime mentioned there were some things holding up the announcement but hopefully soon or near the US release info will come out.

Elandyll

Banned
I think MRORANGE already has it requested (then named shaft0620 ?), but in case it falls through/ he needs help, I' d be willing to take on/ help with No Man's Sky, my most awaited game of the year.

|OT| No Man's Sky - Elandyll (March 23rd 2015)

As a plus side, I'll make sure to be very specific about what it is you CAN do in NMS, and what it is you CAN'T DO in NMS. ;)

Rich!

When is the Xenoblade 3D OT being launched?

The game is out next Thursday (2nd) in the UK, and my preorder has just been charged which means I should have my copy hopefully by the end of the week, Monday at the latest. Would absolutely suck if we have to wait until the 10th (US release) to talk about it.

NewGame

Banned
I'm not too sure if this is the right place to ask for this, but why isn't there a thread about finding information and posts on GAF?

For example, I remember reading a lot of posts and I struggle to find any of them, take for example only within the last year do I remember reading a Metal Gear Solid thread where a fan related an experience where when asked at a panel with Hideo Kojima what he liked about the series he said "I love all the diverse characters, the gay ones, the sexual deviants and the groping!" and now for the life of me I cannot find that comment in amongst the 50 billion Metal Gear threads.

I know we have a section for 'worst threads' or whatever but I'd like to be able to use NeoGAF as a sort of information repository regarding the video game industry. Like even a thread that was like NeoGAF Crowd Sourced Search Function |OT| or something along those lines.

TheMoon

When is the Xenoblade 3D OT being launched?

The game is out next Thursday (2nd) in the UK, and my preorder has just been charged which means I should have my copy hopefully by the end of the week, Monday at the latest. Would absolutely suck if we have to wait until the 10th (US release) to talk about it.

Why would I wait for the US date? The game is old anyway so the "no hype post" ruling doesn't make sense. If people start getting their copies early I'll post it. Guess I gotta start my prep work!

Parakeetman

I think MRORANGE already has it requested (then named shaft0620 ?), but in case it falls through/ he needs help, I' d be willing to take on/ help with No Man's Sky, my most awaited game of the year.

|OT| No Man's Sky - Elandyll (March 23rd 2015)

As a plus side, I'll make sure to be very specific about what it is you CAN do in NMS, and what it is you CAN'T DO in NMS. ;)

Since MRORANGE already skipped out on one OT for Life is Strange. Id like to think that he has officially forfeit any other claims he has done past that. Plus do not believe he ever showed up to say what happened.

Lets ask the rest of the community what they think.

SerTapTap

I know, wasn't my idea to post without doing so or anything. On that note, somewhat reluctantly:

Axiom Verge by Sir TapTap (24th March 2015)

Would appreciate help with banners or anything. Also, I have a review copy. Is that fine as long as I don't link to the review in the OP or anything? I have no stake in the game, I'm just a reviewer. The OT will be objective and not a review of course.

Coreda

Missed the Bloodborne OT kerfuffle, was curious what happened. Was Robot Pants banned while bish put the first OT up two hours prior?

SerTapTap

Anyone made an OT for a very spoiler sensitive game? I'm considering a spoiler "rule"/recommendation for Axiom Verge since as a Metroidvania, game mechanics/upgrades are basically spoilers. Not sure how practical that'd be or if I should put a time limit on it or something. In Binding of Isaac Rebirth's thread we pretty much stopped respecting spoilers for new content after a month or so.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Not sure who signed me up for the GTA V PC OT (I assume it's me as it says "deadlock") , but unfortunately I won't be able to dedicate enough time to make it.

I've got to attend a cyber security conference and hold a few webinars in early April and will be extremely busy.

I can chime in with ideas, suggestions for material, or assist in whatever way I can, but I won't be able to do much of the work myself. It would have been much better for me had they stuck to the original release date(s)..

Sad to let this one go to be honest, but I'd rather see a proper OT than me rushing it out.

TomShoe

Banned
How do the admins feel about claiming games without a specified release date? I was going to claim Disgaea 5 (NA Release), but its release is only scheduled for Fall 2015.

Parakeetman

How do the admins feel about claiming games without a specified release date? I was going to claim Disgaea 5 (NA Release), but its release is only scheduled for Fall 2015.

Do believe as long as its within the year and most def will be coming out within the year then it should not be a problem.

Since Ive done that before, but be sure to drop back into here with the actual official date when it is announced. *real time example see below the dotted line lol

Folks have not been abusing it either, so for now it seems the mods do not mind those types of claims.

----------------

Also updating the Ray Gigant claim with the official release date which will be July 30th 2015.

Ray Gigant (Import PS Vita) Parakeetman (25th, February 2015)

July 30th 2015.

Parakeetman

Am I supposed to do something when the OT goes live? It's not in the OP

Not really, you just put it up if its time to put the OT up and the content is ready. Since folks here do not go announcing that their OTs are finished for the most part.

--------

Also this needs to be moved from April to June due to NISA having pushed back the release date.

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (Western Release PS Vita) Parakeetman (18th December 2014)

June 9th 2015

Miles X

Canus Lupis is banned until beyond Mortal Kombat X release, so he won't be doing it.

Can we get someone awesome volunteer???? I would but wouldn't do the game justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom