• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDHarbs

Battlefront's release date was officially announced as November 17th, 2015 so it can be moved from the general releases category.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Any objections to a claim on Deception IV: Nightmare Princess OT? It's already out in Japan and a localization seems imminent.

If you are planning on doing an import one for the already existing game that is fine, but unless you have actual word on the localization of the title in a general time frame would hold off on a claim for the Western version till you do get that information.

cj_iwakura

If you are planning on doing an import one for the already existing game that is fine, but unless you have actual word on the localization of the title in a general time frame would hold off on a claim for the Western version till you do get that information.

There's been a ratings leak.

Parakeetman

Fair enough. Regardless, just putting that out there.

The only reason why we are generally left alone by the mods is due to how the community for the OT creation and such has been good lately with keeping things sane since the last official changing of the rules & regs. Same goes for Nemesis not having to do any more work than he already does lol.

Thanks for letting folks know though as that is far more appreciated than those who just go and create threads without even stopping by here to mention it.

cj_iwakura

The only reason why we are generally left alone by the mods is due to how the community for the OT creation and such has been good lately with keeping things sane since the last official changing of the rules & regs. Same goes for Nemesis not having to do any more work than he already does lol.

Thanks for letting folks know though as that is far more appreciated than those who just go and create threads without even stopping by here to mention it.

Heh, I have no intention of importing it, so I wouldn't be up and making a thread anyway. I'd only import it if I knew it wasn't coming out here. (And thankfully it is.)

Parakeetman

Heh, I have no intention of importing it, so I wouldn't be up and making a thread anyway. I'd only import it if I knew it wasn't coming out here. (And thankfully it is.)

Im just worried how will folks react, since Id imagine people would be pissed that bought the original title. Game didnt do to hot in Japan either sales wise for the same reasons regardless of the "new" content. :/

cj_iwakura

Im just worried how will folks react, since Id imagine people would be pissed that bought the original title. Game didnt do to hot in Japan either sales wise for the same reasons regardless of the "new" content. :/

I'm ecstatic. The first game was fantastic, the new one looks even better. I don't mind stuff like this when there's a significant update, especially if the original was more than worth it(see: Persona 3 to FES).

Parakeetman

Odd could have sworn I posted about Op Babel somewhere in the thread. Must have been editing and forgot to submit with the usual multiple windows I had opened...

Yep I did do it found the post. Was done on
(12-17-2014, 01:46 PM)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143670928&postcount=2798

Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (Import VITA) Parakeetman (18th, April 2015)
Release Date
April 30th 2015

Nemesis_ If you get a chance could you make a slight update to the OP?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be making the E3 2015 | General Information and FAQ thread, just like I have for the last couple of years, and was just wondering if it would be sufficient to post it on the dawn of June 14 (date of Bethesda's E3 Showcase), or a bit earlier? I know rules state that OTs should go up on the date of a game's release, but as this is a bit different thread I wanted to get an input on it.

Parakeetman

Rösti;160625257 said:
I'll be making the E3 2015 | General Information and FAQ thread, just like I have for the last couple of years, and was just wondering if it would be sufficient to post it on the dawn of June 14 (date of Bethesda's E3 Showcase), or a bit earlier? I know rules state that OTs should go up on the date of a game's release, but as this is a bit different thread I wanted to get an input on it.

You might want to PM a mod on that, since Id imagine thats going to be a pretty high profile thread.

Levyne

Banned
Is anyone else interested in doing the Wolfenstein Old Blood OT in my stead? I can still do it otherwise but I have a lot on my plate and it might be nice for someone more able to give it full attention.

Paper Mario (Wii-U VC) by chaobreaker (20th April 2015)

I see that OTs for game rereleases are OK and I want to make a thread for it before it comes out on the Wii-U virtual console on the end of the April. Paper Mario is one of my favourite video games ever and I want to do it justice.

Parakeetman

Remember folks before asking and wasting other members time, go use the search function first, then ask. Since half of the time a simple search will provide the results you are looking for.

This is directed at all users who show up asking questions without doing a proper search first. Granted while not everything may make it into the list that Nemesis_ keeps updated for whatever reason the original posts made by other members do and the search function should pick it up unless either side messed up the title name or the words used in the search.

I would like to claim OT duty for Kerbal Space Program. The release date of the full game, 1.0 has just been confirmed for 4/27/2015. The only other user interested is iosefe but we discussed us working together in another KSP thread. I have already done a semi-OT for this game before when it was a major update, but this time it is the full release, woooo!

Parakeetman

I would like to claim OT duty for Kerbal Space Program. The release date of the full game, 1.0 has just been confirmed for 4/27/2015. The only other user interested is iosefe but we discussed us working together in another KSP thread. I have already done a semi-OT for this game before when it was a major update, but this time it is the full release, woooo!

If you want to do a claim please do read the original post by Nemesis_ as it has all the instructions there for how to go about it properly so that Nemesis_ is able to add them into the OP with ease.

If you want to do a claim please do read the original post by Nemesis_ as it has all the instructions there for how to go about it properly so that Nemesis_ is able to add them into the OP with ease.

Right but the mention of, "link to your expressed interest post" I thought you first had to express interest, then make your formal claim post linking to that.

Edit: Sorry if there is any confusion. Official post below. Thanks

Shizuka

kyoko_thumbs_up.gif

Parakeetman

Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal (US Vita) Parakeetman (15th, April 2015)
US Release Date
Summer 2015

&

To Heart 2 - Dungeon Travelers (Import PS Vita) Parakeetman (20th Jan 2015)
Release Date
April 30th 2015.

Due to recent events at GAF it for the time being and most likely forever on these titles are being added to the list of Banned Games, so the OTs for them will not be done. Wanted to let the community know ahead of time.

While they have not yet directly stated about To Heart 2 - Dungeon Travelers, seeing how Dungeon Travelers 2 has been banned and the import OT was also shut down, should be a good sign that in general the series is no longer a topic of open discussion on GAF which is fully understandable. So for the time being and that being said will also have To Heart 2 - Dungeon Travelers off the list of titles that are allowed to have an OT made.

Nemesis_

I think this is all updated and I got everyone from my initial scan through of the thread.

As always let me know if I missed any.

Also updated a lot of releases so now the general thread is looking less full (thankfully because of the new one year rule too)

Parakeetman

I think this is all updated and I got everyone from my initial scan through of the thread.

As always let me know if I missed any.

Also updated a lot of releases so now the general thread is looking less full (thankfully because of the new one year rule too)

Thank you for the update Nemesis_ it is much appreciated as always!

So uh I guess I have to name the Paper Mario OT thread title a specific way? It's technically the second Virtual Console release of the game. I was thinking "Paper Mario (Wii-U VC)" but Nemesis_ wrote down "Paper Mario (Virtual Console)" on the OP.

P.S. Criticism is welcome.

Parakeetman

So uh I guess I have to name the Paper Mario OT thread title a specific way? It's technically the second Virtual Console release of the game. I was thinking "Paper Mario (Wii-U VC)" but Nemesis_ wrote down "Paper Mario (Virtual Console)" on the OP.

P.S. Criticism is welcome.

If it all does not fit

Paper Mario (WiiU Virtual Console) |OT| "whateversubtitle"

Then I would imagine abbreviations for the WiiU VC part should be fine just as long as you have that information which names the full thing below in the product information section. Most people should understand what WiiU VC is in the title.

Paper Mario (WiiU VC) |OT| Insertwittysubtitle

Should be fine.

daydream

Banned
Puzzle and Dragons Z + Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition by daydream (24th April 2015)

Game is out May 8 in Europe which is when this OT will go up. Kinda surprised nobody had claimed it.

I got some generous helpers for the banners but if you guys wanna point me to some P&D resources you wanna see in the OT, feel free to PM me or hit me up on Twitter!

SerTapTap

Is there a procedure for when you're going to post an OT on behalf of someone else? I guess I'll be posting the Omega Quintet one for CureVylash. Already cleared it with a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom