• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[OT] This Winnie the Pooh Flash Game is Way Too Hard for Its Target Audience

Haunted

Goddamnit, Owl.

1GcMP.jpg

jamsy

How do you hit a homerun in this fucking game?

I've tried the first level a few times and I keep getting hits but not a single homerun. A few have hit the wall, but that's about it...

KHlover

Banned
How do you hit a homerun in this fucking game?

I've tried the first level a few times and I keep getting hits but not a single homerun. A few have hit the wall, but that's about it...

See that green circle on your bat? Hit the ball while it overlaps with the green circle and you'll usually get a good result. You need to time your swing correctly though, the animation isn't instantaneously, so if you swing too late you will hit the ball with the wrong spot of the bat.

Banzai

Haha goddammit I had forgotten about this game and thread. I will now have to challenge the merciless god christopher robin again!

I'm actually surprised that I haven't really been having trouble until Owl. I cleared everyone up to Rabbit on one go, and Rabbit I got on the second try. Owl is probably gonna be a bitch, though, but I'm finding the best strategy is just not worrying about the zig-zagging and just try to hit the damn ball. I didn't do too badly with the first try, but I have a feeling this one is gonna be something of a wall to climb, and both Tigger and Robin are gonna be way harder.

Surprisingly, both Kanga and Rabbit weren't that difficult, their respective gimmicks weren't that difficult to adapt to. The ball movement in Kanga's stage can safely be ignored, but the varying speed is the main problem. The trick with Rabbit is actually getting the timing down - move into position while the ball is slow, then wait for the ball to come into striking distance when it speeds up.

jamsy

See that green circle on your bat? Hit the ball while it overlaps with the green circle and you'll usually get a good result. You need to time your swing correctly though, the animation isn't instantaneously, so if you swing too late you will hit the ball with the wrong spot of the bat.

Oh wow, that helped a lot. Got 3 homeruns in a row and finally beat the first level.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually surprised that I haven't really been having trouble until Owl. I cleared everyone up to Rabbit on one go, and Rabbit I got on the second try. Owl is probably gonna be a bitch, though, but I'm finding the best strategy is just not worrying about the zig-zagging and just try to hit the damn ball. I didn't do too badly with the first try, but I have a feeling this one is gonna be something of a wall to climb, and both Tigger and Robin are gonna be way harder.

Surprisingly, both Kanga and Rabbit weren't that difficult, their respective gimmicks weren't that difficult to adapt to. The ball movement in Kanga's stage can safely be ignored, but the varying speed is the main problem. The trick with Rabbit is actually getting the timing down - move into position while the ball is slow, then wait for the ball to come into striking distance when it speeds up.

You found Rabbit difficult? I thought he was the easiest since Eeyore, it's just a very minor timing change. I actually find Kanga more difficult.

You found Rabbit difficult? I thought he was the easiest since Eeyore, it's just a very minor timing change. I actually find Kanga more difficult.

Well, I just barely messed up Rabbit the first time around, despite the minor timing change, those balls do come damn quickly.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
One of my favorite things about the game is just imagining the usually quite quaint residents of the hundred acre woods just casually and all mellow-like suggesting an afternoon activity, Pooh talking in his polite tone, Piglet a bit skittish, Rabbit proper, Owl wise, Tigger hyper and jumping around, Christopher calm, all deciding what to do, and then baseball comes up...

The first rule of Baseball in the Hundred Acre Woods is we don't talk about Baseball in the Hundred Acre Woods.

Is there a translated version?

There is, but know the translated version nerfs the difficulty of the game quite a bit. If you beat the English version, you're not really playing the whole game.

There is, but know the translated version nerfs the difficulty of the game quite a bit. If you beat the English version, you're not really playing the whole game.
This is based on what exactly? I read this after beating that fuck Christopher on the English version, so I went and played the Japanese version. Same damned thing, except the English version has some random frame drops, and certain pitches seem to corrupt the screen (leaving behind black blocks until something else repaints them), so really the Japanese version is easier.

So I've revisited the game, and remembered this thread and it's god tier. Here's to a new generation of players in 2016 who will sell their souls.

Remember:
Jdqr7Bq.jpg

Blues1990

I was able to get up to Christopher Robin on the second try, but I couldn't beat him.

What exactly do you get when you defeat all the characters in this game?

Top Bottom