• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ottawa GAF [OT] - Thread of Lurkers, Beavertails, Government Workers. Carleton sux

TheExodu5

Banned
Anyone else get some bottles of TreeWell? Went to check out the facility today and picked up a case. Pretty delicious. Canada's champagne (aka carbonated sap beverage).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone else get some bottles of TreeWell? Went to check out the facility today and picked up a case. Pretty delicious. Canada's champagne (aka carbonated sap beverage).

Heh, now that you linked it to me I figured I'd go pick up a bottle or two for my parents, but looks like he's still fulfilling the KS orders. D'oh!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm seriously starting to hate this city...

Already had to shovel three times in 24 hours, with more snow in the forecast tomorrow.

I swear I'm gonna start looking for jobs on the west coast if this keeps up.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Can't believe I missed an OttawaGAF meet-up at Pub Italia :(. I live right next to the Heart and Crown on Preston.

(Zydeco's is awesome, btw.)

Essay

Oh man, there was a Pub Italia meetup? I don't even drink anymore, and I still think that place is the best spot in town. Shows me for being late to the party.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Well we're due for another meet soon. How's January sound? I can do anything but the last weekend of January.

January works for me. Will make myself available regardless of night. Those reading the thread that like Pub Italia should try Bistro Autre Oeuil in Aylmer.

isny

napkin dispenser
The 18th it is then. 7pm work for everyone?

Here's the tentative details.

What: Ottawa GAF winter 2014 meetup: Way too friggin cold and way too much snow edition
When: January 18th 7pm - drunk
Where: So Good Restaurant - (Yelp reviews)

List of confirmed attendees:
Isny
matthewwhatever
TheExodu5
Stumpokapow
krae_man
TheQueen'sOwn
Black1ce
astonish

Maybe:
King_Richard
Silexx
Chairman Yang
Aim_Ed
Essay

TheExodu5

Banned
The 18th it is then. 7pm work for everyone?

Here's the tentative details.

What: Ottawa GAF winter 2014 meetup: Way too friggin cold and way too much snow edition
When: January 18th 7pm - drunk
Where: So Good Restaurant - (Yelp reviews)

Isny
matthewwhatever
equippedwithtowel

Maybe:
TheQueen'sOwn
TheExodu5
Stumpokapow
astonish
King_Richard
Silexx

Of course I'm confirmed! I'll see if my roommate (Black1ce) wants to join.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
January is an insanely hectic month for me (much like most of last year), but I am tentatively in!

krae_man

Huh, booking Kit-Tor and Tor-Ott separately is cheaper then one trip. Why does greyhound have to be such a pain in the ass.

krae_man

If I do Kit-Ott the total is $121, but if I do separate Kit-Tor and Tor-Ott return trips the total is $108 and that's with two $5 service charges. Greyhound is weird like that for some reason.

Via is like $150 total cost minimum so greyhound it is.

isny

napkin dispenser
If I do Kit-Ott the total is $121, but if I do separate Kit-Tor and Tor-Ott return trips the total is $108 and that's with two $5 service charges. Greyhound is weird like that for some reason.

Via is like $150 total cost minimum so greyhound it is.

All of this work just to spoon with Stump.

Wait...you did tell him that was part of the deal didn't you? That WAS your job and not mine right?

Aim_Ed

Hey, I just booked a Gue-Tor, Tor-Ott greyhound trip. GAF really is hive minded.

Put me down as maybe for that meet up.

isny

napkin dispenser
Hey, I just booked a Gue-Tor, Tor-Ott greyhound trip. GAF really is hive minded.

Put me down as maybe for that meet up.

Got it.

Updated list. Original post.

Isny
matthewwhatever
equippedwithtowel
TheExodu5
Stumpokapow
krae_man
TheQueen'sOwn
Black1ce

Maybe:
astonish
King_Richard
Silexx
Chairman Yang
Aim_Ed

isny

napkin dispenser
The 18th is going to sneak up quick. Just wanted to bump and keep this thread fresh in people's subscriptions so they don't forget to confirm! :)

astonish

I'm confirmed with the exception of what time I'm going to make it there. Is the plan to walk to drinks after So Good? From what I remember the place is extremely busy so I'm not sure its the sort of place we can just sit around all night.

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm confirmed with the exception of what time I'm going to make it there. Is the plan to walk to drinks after So Good? From what I remember the place is extremely busy so I'm not sure its the sort of place we can just sit around all night.

We'll see what happens.

TheExodu5

Banned

We'll keep the thread updated if ever we change locations after So Good.

Essay

Put me down as a maybe. I've got to make room for plans in the afternoon, but I'm betting I'll be able to escape to So Good for 7.

astonish

Looks like my daytime plans end earlier than I thought and I should have no trouble making it for around 7. See you all there!

isny

napkin dispenser
So, the reservation is for ten people. Any last minute maybe's? (So I can call them and notify them?)

If not, see ya'll Sat! Bring your pillows!

Top Bottom