• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch 2 is killing the PvE mode it was supposed to be built around (GamesRadar)

Nydius

Source: Blizzard Livestream via GamesRadar

An excerpt from the article:
In a livestream accompanying the new Overwatch 2 Roadmap, Blizzard confirmed that the original plans for a separate, distinct "hero mode" with open-ended progression and talent systems will now be replaced by regular "co-op gameplay and co-op experiences" baked into the live-service experience.

"With everything we've learned about what it takes to operate this game at a level you deserve, it's clear that we can't deliver on that original vision for PvE that was shown in 2019," said executive producer Jared Neuss. "What that means is that we won't be delivering that dedicated Hero mode with talent trees, that long-term hero progression. Those things just aren't in our plans anymore."

I’d say I’m shocked but I’m not. They can barely seem to manage the game as it is, so this seemed inevitable.

As the only reason I had any interest in OW2 was the planned PVE only mode, I thank them for letting me know I can safely reclaim my drive space.

Last edited:
Top Bottom