• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

Got lucky and got the new Tracer skin on the free lootbox.
I main Tracer so I'm pretty happy.
20170523_162519_zps014ykxpk.jpg

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Played tons of elimination last night. The new overtime is pretty terrible.

For my group, necropolis almost always ended in it which just added a camp the point with a bastian or a tank mechanic that was never there before. Also it seems to come up way too fast in a round.

iMO it turned a problem that didn't happen much into an entirely cheesy and annoying new way to play. Draws were a bit shitty but they were rectified next round when your team ganged up on the asshole that caused it.

Pics_nao

Bought 48 boxes (forgot my mouse at work and didn't want to wait to open some boxes)

Got a few dances. All oranges I got, with the exception of 2, were not event oranges. The two that I did get were both event Genji skins. Fuck me.

Woetyler

Played tons of elimination last night. The new overtime is pretty terrible.

For my group, necropolis almost always ended in it which just added a camp the point with a bastian or a tank mechanic that was never there before. Also it seems to come up way too fast in a round.

iMO it turned a problem that didn't happen much into an entirely cheesy and annoying new way to play. Draws were a bit shitty but they were rectified next round when your team ganged up on the asshole that caused it.

Yeah, after ranting in this thread yesterday I gave 3v3s more of an open minded approach, and if the lockout isn't bad enough, the overtime just defeats the purpose of the game mode and just makes it into a quickplay overtime. Really really hope these changes only stay for the event.

cakely

The ones that was supposed to give away a free lootbox at first win, 1v1 and 3v3. In 3v3 every time it's basically a roll of the dice that I get teammates that compensates for the fact that I am awful compared to 95% of the entire playerbase. In 1v1 I can mostly hope that the opponent goes AFK midmatch.

I just fucking hate that it's "Win" requirements on these fucking things. Just give me something for even bothering participating...

I really like the new modes and I'm fine with the win requirement because both teams are actually trying for the win.

It's a small reward for getting better at the game, there's nothing wrong with that.

LifEndz

Purchased 50 boxes and RNG was not on my side.
Got that terrible Lucio skin, Genji and Bastion. Not too keen on power ranger genji and Bastion was kinda meh. Thankfully I had enough left over to buy Zarya, and after a few more games I can purchase Hanzo. If I can get lucky and get soldier's cyborg skin before the event ends I'll be happy.

Wish event legendary dupes gave you 3 times the currency instead of the same as a regular legendary. Doesn't make sense to charge 3 times as much but not give 3 times as much.

cakely

No its not. I played over 20 matches yesterday and would get 200 xp per match. 600 xp on matches that lasted longer than usual.

The basic XP award for playing any match is time. You get 240xp per minute.

3v3 matches are quick, so they're worth less per match, but you get more frequent gold medal and consecutive match bonuses.

Auctopus

Really enjoying playing some laid-back CTF defence as Widowmaker.

Earned about 8 loot boxes so far. I'm usually pretty fortunate with event loot boxes but every one I've had in the last 24 hours as been embarrassing. 7/8 have been white, white, blue, white.

I hit level 100 yesterday and cycled back around to level 1 but the XP and leveling is much slower now. Last time I hit level 100 the first 10 levels of the next tier were as if I started from a new account, I was hoping to cheese the event rewards a bit.

I did manage to get a legendary 76 in the first gift lootbox and had 3000 gold to buy Tracer skin right away. The rest I make will likely go towards dances =P

I hit level 100 yesterday and cycled back around to level 1 but the XP and leveling is much slower now. Last time I hit level 100 the first 10 levels of the next tier were as if I started from a new account, I was hoping to cheese the event rewards a bit.

Yeah, they changed that with an update right around the time I hit level 95, which was upsetting.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I did manage to get a legendary 76 in the first gift lootbox and had 3000 gold to buy Tracer skin right away. The rest I make will likely go towards dances =P

There's literally no reason to spend ingame money on legendary skins so early in an event.

What happens if you spend 3k on a skin, just for it to drop in a box a few hours/days later? I know I would hate myself.

There's literally no reason to spend money on legendary skins so early in an event.

What happens if you spend 3k on a skin, just for it to drop in a box a few hours/days later? I know I would hate myself.

Yep. got like 7500 coins saved up for end of the event to get the stuff most important to me that doesn't drop.

Dartastic

The gold you get for duplicates is pretty negligible though. I wish they gave exactly what it was worth.
Yeah, it'd definitely be nice if they gave more gold for dupes, especially legendary skins. I opened a total of 12 or so loot boxes yesterday, only got one legendary and it was a dupe of a Junkrat normal legendary. Got like, 200 coins for it? That's pretty shitty. At least give me half of the cost of the thing, instead of 1/5.

Done with 1v1 in one game lol.

Destroyed my opponent (I was tracer vs his orisa in round 1. Was pharah vs his reaper in round 2) and he quit at round 3. Got my loot box.

Saw many people shitting on this skin. Its her best skin, bar none.

A lot of the skins looked a bit rough in the early views as they weren't super clear images and also because they are really heavily designed. But now that I'm used to them I think this is the best set the game has had so far. They are pretty much all super colorful and there's some awesome looks

Paltheos

I've opened 29 and I got the Bastion, Tracer, and Dva skins. Also got a legendary Orisa skin and a 500 coins once. Lots of dupe sprays in between those, though.

It's probably been linked here already, but this site is real nice for keeping track of what you have/want.

This event will be rougher on completionists more than any other before it. I bought allot of boxes and have... maybe half of everything? Kinda hesitant to spend more real money but buying the rest with gold will eat through the large majority of my reserves. Thankfully the event just started so I've got plenty of time still to get lucky.

Chylo

Neo Member
I've played every seasonal event, and I know in which event I'll have luck with lootboxes after the first day. This is not one of those events.

Also, as a friendly reminder, don't buy skins with currency until after you're done opening all event lootboxes, so that means towards the end of the event.

Top Bottom