• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

cakely

Wait, arcade resets before the event ends?

I know what I'm doing tonight.

Winning nine matches of 3v3 lockout elimination on PC and PS4.

Purchased Lucio and DVA today with what gold I had. I have about 3,000 remaining and I'm not sure who to get. I like the Kamen Rider+Sentai Genji skin and Hanzo's.

Firebrand

Decided to go ahead and buy stuff just in case they mess with event times regionally, or I just fall asleep after the Sony conference. Was thinking of getting either a skin (Soldier, Genji and Zarya's look okay), but decided to just pick up a whole bunch of dances and voicelines instead.

From boxes I got:
Skins: Bastion, Lucio, Pharah, Hanzo, D.Va, Tracer
Dances: Soldier, Junkrat, Zarya, Mei, McCree

ricelord

Got 6 of the 11 legendary skins, spent 0 bucks on loot boxes and have yet to use my gold to buy anything(sitting on 16k). i think i'm looking good atm lol.

edit: i have

bastion
Dva- wanted
Hanzo
pharah
symmetra-wanted

Called it early, got lucky (sorta) on boxes with
- Sym Skin
- Torb dance
- D.va dance

Ended up buying
- Genji skin
- Genji dance
- Tracer dance

Not my luckiest event but I'll enjoy the genji skin and tracer dance for sure

TheYanger

Welp. finished for the night. Ground out the new arcade boxes (they reset a few hours ago) and ended up with another skin or two, so my final haul while buying only 20 boxes (bnet balance I had):

Skins:
D.va
Hanzo
Genji
Lucio
Pharah
Soldier
Symmetra
Tracer

Dances:
Everyone except Ana and Zarya (I love Zarya, hate her dance. hate anas never play her so meh).

I'd have bought the remaining things if I had enough credits, but I wiped out 16.5k on 2 skins (pharah/symm) I was missing and the rest were for dances.

Gaspard

My final Anniversary haul (didn't buy any lootboxes):

Skins

Genji
Lucio
Mei
Pharah
Soldier 76
Symmetra
Tracer

Dances

Ana
Bastion
D.Va
Junkrat
Lucio
McCree
Mei
Mercy
Orisa
Pharah
Reaper
Reinhardt
Roadhog
Soldier 76
Sombra
Tracer
Widowmaker
Winston

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
spent 13k in credits to buy the rest of the things i was missing, the only thing I don't own from this set is the zarya skin. I ain't paying for that.

Didn't do nearly as well as I did with Uprising. Only got Bastion, Hanzo and Pharah skins (none of whom I play), maybe 3-4 dance emotes and two non-event Legendaries. That was with around 30 boxes? Used gold on D.Va's skin.

Garbage event and not just because I didn't get the drops. All the items should have been added permanently at regular gold prices as a 'thank you' for the anniversary.

Okay boys, think fast:

If you already had most of their good skins, would you go for Beekeeper Mei or Bedouin Pharah? I haven't seen much of either in game. Any opinions?

edit: or should I just save my coinage?

After 70 boxes, I ended up buying the 4 dance emotes I really wanted (Widow, Sombra, Mccree and Mercy).
If there are no more events before Halloween, I'll at least be able to afford Witch-Mercy with my 3000 Overwatch dollars. I hope Widow gets something good to wear this Halloween too.

Mutant

Okay boys, think fast:

If you already had most of their good skins, would you go for Beekeeper Mei or Bedouin Pharah? I haven't seen much of either in game. Any opinions?

Tough choice. Beekeeper Mei is adorable and I think it's the better skin but Pharah is a really effective hero right now.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Okay boys, think fast:

a) how much of either do you play?

b) do you already have Mecha Pharah?

Ramirez

The only things I wasn't able to get that I wanted was Dva and Sombras dance. :(

Not spending money on loot boxes though, lol.

a) how much of either do you play?

b) do you already have Mecha Pharah?

a) I've played maybe 2 hours of Mei since the game launched.

b) Yes.

Tough choice. Beekeeper Mei is adorable and I think it's the better skin but Pharah is a really effective hero right now.

I was thinking the same. But I already have 8 Pharah skins (Mechaqueen, Rain Dancer, Security Chief, Frostbite, Anubis and a few others).

Hmm.

Paltheos

Cool. The extension for the double xp weekend let me grind out a few more levels. I went up 7 tonight alone! And that's gonna be it for me this event. My final haul is everything, except for the Auxton (Tracer) player icon. Pretty good imo.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Okay boys, think fast:

mei, pharah is a bad character. mei is a good character.

jediyoshi

Event skins
Dva
Lucio
Pharah
Symmetra

Dances
Winston
Widow
Tracer
Symmetra
Soldier
Pharah
Mercy
Lucio
Dva
Roadhog
Sombra
Orisa

Happy with my haul, would've liked Junkrat and Rein dances though

Spent $20, got another 20~ boxes through arcade wins/leveling. The more events go on and skins I'm happy with, the less desire I'm having for new skins overall. Works for me. Sym was the only skin I really wanted this event.

hesido

As frustrating as that looks, at least he got an extra 200 coins instead of 15 for a duplicate spray or something.

Fair point! But it still rubs me the wrong way :D

I'd rather get 4 out 6 numbers for lottery than 5 out 6, for example. 4 gives me 30 dollars, 5 gives me 2000 dollars. Sure it's much better than 4, but it's not enough to change my life and I'd then have missed the million dollar jackpot by a single number.

Got my last box a little bit ago, opened a total of 37 boxes through leveling up or the arcade and bought 2 ones.

Out of those 37 boxes I got 4 legendaries, only 1 of them was an event skin and I didn't even have enough credits to buy ONE event skin despite starting the event with 1.2k credits and opening almost $40 worth of boxes.

Also only got 4/24 dances so that's nice

The system needs an overhaul for the next event and there's no reason why the items couldn't have been added to the regular pool and/or were at the regular price especially the dances. Some anniversary

I was able to get these on my main even when playing on some of my other accounts. Think I spent about $40 on the game. Maybe slightly more. Saved up some of my gold from last event and bought some skins. Lucio, D.VA, and Hanzo.

LEGENDARY SKINS
9/11

• Bastion
  • D.VA
  • Hanzo
  • Lucio
  • Pharah
  • Soldier: 76
  • Symmetra
  • Tracer
  • Zarya

VOICE LINES