• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

benzopil

I just cant....

And yes, I already had the skin.

B7UtEpa.jpg

Hello Brother

I've finally crawled my way to 3,000 coins. This event has been brutal regarding coins; it took me from the start of the event to get from 2,000 to 3,000 gold. Duplicates have been sparse for me.

Guess I'll just buy the D.Va skin at the end.

Zomba13

Been totally missing out on the double xp weekend because my PSU went out and the replacement one I had isn't enough to power my GTX780 so I had to dig out my GTX285 and OW won't run with it.

At least I managed to get my dad to log in to my b.net account, install OW and buy the items I wanted. Good thing he got a GTX1060 recently.

I wish I found any one of the 5 arcade modes fun enough to grind for boxes. They're all a pain. Sticking with Mayhem because it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll win on defense.

Every time I'm in a game with 4 or 5 stacks going up against each other, I feel like I'm always on the side with the weaker stack.

Phu

Banned
Double exp weekend, still taking over 1:30 to find a match

Is the double xp just hammering things on Blizzard's end? I swear these past few days I've had some of the worst lag and rubberbanding I've ever experienced in a video game [I've never had an issue with OW until now]. Some matches are fine but some have been actually unplayable and a few last night just had the game server shut down mid match.

Earlier today wasn't too bad but I had a mystery hero game that was the worst I've seen and we ended up steamrolling the other team because I randomly got Torb and the turret lock-on was the only thing that could land a hit.

I wish I found any one of the 5 arcade modes fun enough to grind for boxes. They're all a pain. Sticking with Mayhem because it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll win on defense.

I've actually played Mayhem so much now that I find it really hard to go back to any other mode where the cooldown times are much longer and the health is no longer doubled.

It's a problem that I'll have to settle soon but I can't help it! Even though you get your Zaryas, Meis and Mercys every time, I still really enjoyed it.

Roubjon

I got a duplicate Event Hanzo skin, a duplicate normal legendary skin, and a legendary 500 coins today.

Omg Blizzard, please :(

At least I have 10,000 Coins saved up now, so I should be able to buy the skins I want. But I really don't want to blow 9000 Coins at once...

Jaraghan

Every time I'm in a game with 4 or 5 stacks going up against each other, I feel like I'm always on the side with the weaker stack.
Yeah I'm not a fan of any of them. I stick with Mystery Heroes just because I can try out characters I never play.

Games usually end up with my team rolling or my team getting rolled.

Yukinari

Got everything except tracer, symm and zarya's skins.

Had to spend money and i still want symm's skin but i guess i did better than most people.

Phu

Banned
Does anyone know the exact time the event ends tomorrow?

My guess would be 8p EST when the dailies refresh but according to usgamer and a few other places it seems to be 3p EST.

I guess to play it safe have what you want done by Monday morning.

Okay so I got the 50 loot boxes.

My results: WAY too many blues and whites. Repeats were even worse. Zarya's cyber skin keeps haunting me with repeats.

But I got Jazzy Lucio and Graffiti Tracer plus Mercy and Tracer's dance!

I need 75 more coins to get 12,000. Then I can buy the 4 remaining skins that I need: Genji, Soldier 76, Bastion and Symmetra.

I wanted to get all the dance emotes too but it looks like that won't happen. I'll probably buy 25 more loot boxes and hopefully get enough for both the 4 skins and at least Genji's dance.

Bought 24 boxes that were all blues or dupes, one legenmdary I got was the 500 coins.

Just ended up buying the Genji skin and being 500 away from the Hanzo skin.

I really, really hope Bliz does yearly or bi yearly "get these skins you missed" things at some point. Having all these I can never get stare me in the face really sucks.

Ended up with only 4 of the skins (tho I did get the two I wanted most) and 5 of the dances.

breadtruck

Only worthwhile thing Ive gotten from boxes from playing has been Mercy's Hustle.

Honestly though, most of the skins are ugly and other emotes have been better than a ton of the dances, so I wouldnt change to them anyways.

That said, I do want Hotrod DVa and 76's Dad dance.

I've actually played Mayhem so much now that I find it really hard to go back to any other mode where the cooldown times are much longer and the health is no longer doubled.

It's a problem that I'll have to settle soon but I can't help it! Even though you get your Zaryas, Meis and Mercys every time, I still really enjoyed it.
This. Played the last 3 days in mayhem, went to my first placement match and was like oh shit lol.

Valahart

I wish I had the self control to actually only play when I want. It really sucks how much I feel like I NEED to grind for the freaking skins.

The game was much more fun when I was unaware of these events and would just play competitive because I had fun competing and getting better.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Picked it up again for the double exp event I finally made it to level 25. I destroyed my first 2 placement matches for competitive play. Clearly I've been pro this whole time.
Nope, doing my best though.

It's my first time using the new characters and I'm actually really impressed. Orisa is my favourite right now.

Back to losing 8 placement matches in a row I assume.....

I've opened close to 70 boxes now and it still looks like Im gonna have to buy about 4 dance emotes that I want. This double xp weekend has been great for getting boxes at least.

BigEmil

Okay so I got the 50 loot boxes.

My results: WAY too many blues and whites. Repeats were even worse. Zarya's cyber skin keeps haunting me with repeats.

But I got Jazzy Lucio and Graffiti Tracer plus Mercy and Tracer's dance!

I need 75 more coins to get 12,000. Then I can buy the 4 remaining skins that I need: Genji, Soldier 76, Bastion and Symmetra.

I wanted to get all the dance emotes too but it looks like that won't happen. I'll probably buy 25 more loot boxes and hopefully get enough for both the 4 skins and at least Genji's dance.
$60 for that shit ain't worth it lol

NeoRaider

So i got 5 event skins after more than 80 boxes.

Bastion
Symmetra
Tracer
Hanzo
Mei

I have to buy D.Va skin (like i always do for her, zero luck).

But i am not sure about 2nd buy. Soldier, Pharah or Lucio. Help me GAF!!!

Phu

Banned
The clock is ticking so I ended up just buying the new Symm skin. Ended up getting two more boxes before stopping and you wouldn't believe it but
they were both garbage-ass white, blue, blue, whites.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Did way better in this event than I thought I would. Didn't buy any boxes and still managed to get all skins except for 4 and got no dupes.

Got around 49 boxes.

Got my first skin after the 39th, Bastion. My 40th had the same effin Bastion skin as a dupe. Then in my 46th or 47th it was Soldier.

Besides that 3 dance emotes and the rest just sprays and icons...

kurahador

Keep getting gold this late. What the hell...
legendary? gold, purple? gold, blue!! gold again.

Also...how many hours left of this event?

hesido

By this time, I'm confident that Blizzard put a trolling mechanism for boxes. I bought the D.Va skin not being sure how many hours were left for the event, and the skin came out from the first box I got afterwards.

Valahart

So i got 5 event skins after more than 80 boxes.

Bastion
Symmetra
Tracer
Hanzo
Mei

I have to buy D.Va skin (like i always do for her, zero luck).

But i am not sure about 2nd buy. Soldier, Pharah or Lucio. Help me GAF!!!

Lucio's is super unique, I want that one.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Got a lot of dance ones, Hanzo and Lucio skins. Lucio goes directly into wtf category along with his hockey one

Top Bottom