• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch GOTY edition & Anniversary event confirmed

j0hnnix

It's not surprising. I've tripled dipped on overwatch. Had the Xbox one traded it in, got the PS4 traded it in. Then bought the digital.. I'll probably drop for the 50 loot boxes.. this is worse then crack.

I wish Legendary costumes stayed at 1000. Or at least 2000. I got 6000 gold and that shit will most likely be gone by the end of this event.

Well, I was expecting a new event for the anniversary, but I spent all of my gold in Mercy's Skin the last day of the event.

I already have 500 coins from this week's boxes, but I hope I can get enough to buy everything I want this event, as I have terrible luck with boxes.

Anyway, looking forward to the Event, hopefully they introduce something as fun as Uprising was.

Tracer in heroes of the storm is already free if you own the origins editions lmao, which is the only edition available on console

Still, excited for the anniversary event

Gaspard

Really half-assed GOTY, but I'm hyped for any new event!

Also hope the event starts before the HOTS 10 free lootboxes challenge ends.

-Horizon-

What can they really add in a GOTY edition besides just unlocking the skins from the get go (which takes away the fun imo)? All post launch content is free.

I guess that's where we differ. I don't really find what is essentially pulling slots to be fun.

I do appreciate that there have been continuously free updates.

ZangBa

I don't understand why they don't offer things for Diablo 3 and vice versa rather than this PC shit for consoles. Hell, Diablo could really use any incentive to play it.

KarmaCow

I don't understand why they don't offer things for Diablo 3 and vice versa rather than this PC shit for consoles. Hell, Diablo could really use any incentive to play it.

Well they gave out Mercy wings in Diablo 3 for pre-ordering the game. Guess they didn't want to make that just something you can buy and also lock something new behind buying the game again.

LordofPwn

If the event ends June 5th then it must start up on Tuesday or thats going to be bad time trying to earn loot boxes.

I've got a little over 5k saved up though so i should be able to get at least 2 legendary skins.

Domstercool

Really half-assed GOTY, but I'm hyped for any new event!

Also hope the event starts before the HOTS 10 free lootboxes challenge ends.

Lol, it won't. "All 4 Quests remain open until May 22." With GOTY out 23rd, you can bet it starts on the 23rd, a Tuesday.

GOTY edition sounds like it's just origins with all the digital preorder bonuses that were floating around at the time of release.

khaaan

GOTY edition sounds like it's just origins with all the digital preorder bonuses that were floating around at the time of release.

Basically, with 10 free lootboxes there's probably a chance they end up with an event skin or two so that might be the additional incentive. I wonder if they'll let PC players who bought the base game upgrade to GOTY instead of Origin's.

Bulzeeb

They will never make a good Zar skin =(

they should add the ones from Heroes fo the Storm
Hanamura_Zarya_277-1024x780.png

and add the Tracer one as well

seriously, those are some dope skins

Don't tell me these monstrosities are the apparent "nice" Zarya HotS skins that people are always asking for.

well for me they are way better than the punk one and the lazy winter coat

Mifec

I just want Young Bishie McCree. But I feel like that's not happening since the Blaqwatch didn't look different.

Ambient80

That top one with a Genji-like voice distortion would be amaze-balls.

And also, I like the Winter coat skins for her, but I'd hardly classify them as Legendary.

Mupod

That top one with a Genji-like voice distortion would be amaze-balls.

And also, I like the Winter coat skins for her, but I'd hardly classify them as Legendary.

I have that skin, I only used it once but I'm fairly sure it actually does change her voice in HOTS.

I don't understand how anyone would think those skins are bad compared to what Zarya has right now. And I like her arctic skin, it was the first thing I unlocked when I had enough.

Ambient80

I have that skin, I only used it once but I'm fairly sure it actually does change her voice in HOTS.

I don't understand how anyone would think those skins are bad compared to what Zarya has right now. And I like her arctic skin, it was the first thing I unlocked when I had enough.

thatsabingo.gif

Yeah the Arctic ones are definitely her best, imo. Well those and summer games, but I wasn't playing then so I can't use them (yet). :(

I'm so excited for the new Event! Hopefully we get some awesome looking skins!

Please no more Tracer skins. Give Soldier or Zarya a chance.

Bring on the Mei, D.Va, and Pharah skins!

Good thing I had overtime this week!

Those above skins are disgusting though, please don't add those.

I dislike all of those lol

HOTS skins are usually overdesigned messes

LiK

I dislike all of those lol

HOTS skins are usually overdesigned messes

They don't need to be 1:1 designs. Just a similar design and scheme. Like they could take the awesome HOTS Hanamura Zarya skin and simplify it. That mask looks dope on her. It's better than what she has right now.

Also, D.Va has a skin with EVA color scheme which they could easily do for OW.

MY HEART!! MY WALLET!! BLIZZARD!!!

Edit: Wait, if the event ends on June 6, that means it should start this Tuesday (May 16) so it would last three weeks right?

Does that mean the 10 lootboxes from the HotS event would be Anniversary boxes? Come on Blizzard, don't let me down.

They don't need to be 1:1 designs. Just a similar design and scheme. Like they could take the awesome HOTS Hanamura Zarya skin and simplify it. That mask looks dope on her. It's better than what she has right now.

Also, D.Va has a skin with EVA color scheme which they could easily do for OW.

how does she see out of that slit tho

Top Bottom