• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch GOTY edition & Anniversary event confirmed

I wanted to play this game on PC for a while now, but damn the price for this game will never drop will it?
I already know the answer to this question.

JordanKZ

I think Overwatch is an incredible game, but their continued insistence on locking items behind time-limited loot boxes pushes me away from playing it.

As someone who buys a lot of this nonsense, they're completely cosmetic and don't matter at all.

It's such an amazing game, you should totally buy it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I think Overwatch is an incredible game, but their continued insistence on locking items behind time-limited loot boxes pushes me away from playing it.

No gameplay-altering content is locked out, it's just cosmetics.
In fact i think other games will follow this approach.

I'll still bitch when missing Mercy skins tho

No gameplay-altering content is locked out, it's just cosmetics.
In fact i think other games will follow this approach.

I'll still bitch when missing Mercy skins tho

yeah but I have to admit it is lame that they've only added 2 skins to the game since it's been out a year that aren't time limited. 2, and technically only 1 since the 2nd one is a recolor.

Blizzard will never do a single player mode will they?

With the way they keep throwing in online horde mode and how Overwatch is structured where one hero can't do all, it just wouldn't work to have an SP mode. Bastion + mercy will ultimately be broken in everything regards to SP should they do it which is why there isn't any.

Dirtbag

Blizzard will never do a single player mode will they?

I certainly hope not. Just like you probably dont want a tacked on mulitplayer experience to your single-player games... I'd rather they just focus their efforts and content releases on what this game is actually about

Nimby

Banned
All the hots skins are butt ugly.

Except Genji's:

tumblr_opi3s580S31qe66alo4_1280.png
tumblr_opi3s580S31qe66alo3_1280.png

I wanted to play this game on PC for a while now, but damn the price for this game will never drop will it?
I already know the answer to this question.
They dropped the price during Black Friday. Honestly if any game might be worth $60 it's Overwatch. You're gonna get hours of entertainment out of it.

As for the anniversary loot, fingers crossed for a new Mei skin.

With the way they keep throwing in online horde mode and how Overwatch is structured where one hero can't do all, it just wouldn't work to have an SP mode. Bastion + mercy will ultimately be broken in everything regards to SP should they do it which is why there isn't any.
That doesn't really matter. The point to a single player mode would be to provide more info on lore and plot. Gameplay balance is something handled in multiplayer.
I certainly hope not. Just like you probably dont want a tacked on mulitplayer experience to your single-player games... I'd rather they just focus their efforts and content releases on what this game is actually about
Actually I don't care either way. I play fighters competively with it's tacked on single player, and I appreciate the effort to every time.
The multiplayer is always going to be there and the focus. I am asking for blizzard to something with it's characters, it's not like they don't have the money to do so.

cakely

The items are all cosmetic.

Yes, they're cool enough to trigger FOMO, but seriously they don't affect gameplay at all. Don't let that push you away from truly great online shooter.

Apathy

I know I sound like a broken record but I really hope they do something liek formal costumes as a celebration for their first year for all the characters, something along the lines of this

I know I sound like a broken record but I really hope they do something liek formal costumes as a celebration for their first year for all the characters, something along the lines of this

i hope the d.va mech is the one in a suit and hana is just in her regular clothing

khaaan

Sure, but in Junkensteins Revenge Blizzard limited players to Ana, Soldier and McCree. Uprising officially was Mercy/Rein/Torb/Tracer but players were also free to attempt it with any combination they want. If that was considered acceptable then a single player campaign crafted for one or few characters isn't too outrageous. That said, I'm less into the idea of single player content than I am PvE. I would love to see a more permanent horde mode or even raids.

Im fine with sprays but whole outfits like that? That will probably be legendary?

If they're going to go formal I say its fine but each character needs their spin on formal... I don't want to run around as soldier in a tux, sounds boring.

DrkSage

So it's they're basically reselling the release version of the game (origins edition) slapping GOTY editon on it and giving you 10 free loot boxes

I bought the Origins edition on Xbone for $20. Haven't opened it yet. Is there any reason why I should return it and buy the anniversary edition? I don't consider cosmetics a good reason. And they wouldn't be worth more than maybe a $5 premium. So I'm guessing the Ann edition isn't for me since they'll probably milk noobs for the full $60 price....

Syf

Banned
I bought the Origins edition on Xbone for $20. Haven't opened it yet. Is there any reason why I should return it and buy the anniversary edition? I don't consider cosmetics a good reason. And they wouldn't be worth more than maybe a $5 premium. So I'm guessing the Ann edition isn't for me since they'll probably milk noobs for the full $60 price....
It's the Origins Edition + 10 loot boxes so no, no reason to return it.

Nope, you should be good, as mentioned above, it's probably the exact same thing released last year + 10 loot boxes.

Owzers

While nice, I feel like that would be too boring for a whole event skin line, like the blue skins. For instance, if all lunar new year skins were just red and gold clothing and we didn't get that Rein skin.

Yes return it and buy it for PS4.

I guess it's gonna be 50$ for 50 boxes like Hearthstone and will include items from all the events.

I am ready and the game gave me great joy.

My fox is ready.

Swig_

I wish they would space these events out. If you're not lucky enough to get event skins you want from boxes, the 3000 cost per skin takes a long time to save up for. :|

I know they want to sell boxes, but it's getting to the point that you're going to have to spend a fair amount of money every year just to get the skins you like.

Kalnoky

A couple friends picked it up for Xbone during the last digital sale but I spaced it and forgot, so I've been thinking about just buying it full priced retail to jump in with them the last couple days. Guess I'll just wait a couple weeks for this version to come out now, depending on pricing.

Bulzeeb

C'mon, D.va Goliath skin is pretty good. Admit it!

for those interested here are the other HotS skins that havent been posted here yet.
Goliath DVA
Screenshot2017-05-08%2013_18_17.jpg

Master DVA (this is over designed, I admit it.

IezpJIK.jpg

Lucio's Master

C4By7VQWMAAkkdw.jpg

it looks like I dont know, something from a sci fi show, but I must admit I do like the red color scheme

HbGWKGN.jpg

Master Tracer here

master-tracer-full.jpg

And finally Master Genji
Heroes-Storm-Genji-Shot-01.png

ramyeon

for those interested here are the other HotS skins that havent been posted here yet.
Goliath DVA
Screenshot2017-05-08%2013_18_17.jpg

Master DVA (this is over designed, I admit it.

IezpJIK.jpg

Lucio's Master

C4By7VQWMAAkkdw.jpg

it looks like I dont know, something from a sci fi show, but I must admit I do like the red color scheme

HbGWKGN.jpg

Master Tracer here

master-tracer-full.jpg

And finally Master Genji
Heroes-Storm-Genji-Shot-01.png
All of the HoTS skins are a mess.

KarmaCow

I wonder if this will be the first event without an accompanying game mode since this is coming right after the Uprising event.

Thatanas

I wonder if this will be the first event without an accompanying game mode since this is coming right after the Uprising event.
Year of the Rooster came 3 weeks after Winter Wonderland, so the gap is 1 week shorter assuming this starts tuesday.

It'll come with something, development continues during events and start way before and all that.

Top Bottom