• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch has developed quite a fan art following....

hydruxo

Yeah some of you guys are really trying to get this thread locked. There's a lot of other great Overwatch art out there.

Joyful

I THOUGHT THIS THREAD WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SFW.

image.php

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Just go to pixiv / deviantart / tumblr and search overwatch. Not sure the point of image dumb threads like this or the splatoon one.

Jharp

So is the whole Mercy/Pharah relationship an invention of fanart or is it canon? I've seen so much of it, and as a Mercy player, it kinda makes me want to focus on Pharah players.

Rize_21

So is the whole Mercy/Pharrah relationship an invention of fanart or is it canon? I've seen so much of it, and as a Mercy player, it kinda makes me want to focus on Pharrah players.

There's zero innuendo in the lore, it's just in some people minds.

^ woah that's some giants carrot legs here.

Xeteh

So is the whole Mercy/Pharah relationship an invention of fanart or is it canon? I've seen so much of it, and as a Mercy player, it kinda makes me want to focus on Pharah players.

I think it has a ton to do with them being a great pairing for gameplay. Pharah has the highest damage potential with her ult so amping her for it works out even better, plus Mercy can fly around with her which is insanely fun.

Wow that one from neoartcore is absolutely amazing. Don't know much about the game, but the colors and detail, job well done. Might make it my phone wallpaper.

nOoblet16

Mei's entire concept is based on cold and ice, and somehow her eating a popsicle is out of place... ok

Look I get that you love the game and feel the need defend every element directly or indirectly relating to it as well as bring the game up every chance you get no matter how unnecessary (like that first reply in the thread about Doom which you got called out for by a lot of people)...but come the fuck on lol, you're trying way too hard now.

Hupsel

I really like Neoartcore too his Elisa pic is a commission of one of my book characters, same for Nicole, which he didn´t upload ;_;

Toxi

Banned
Fan invention. Pharah never joined Overwatch. She probably hasn't even met Mercy; at most, Mercy is "mom's friend".

TheYanger

Fan invention. Pharah never joined Overwatch. She probably hasn't even met Mercy; at most, Mercy is "mom's friend".

It's a fan invention because of the gameplay. Pharah and Mercy combo together exceptionally well. When Mercy is strong, Pharah becomes a stronger pick, when Pharah is strong, Mercy becomes a stronger pick. They synergize well.

It used to be the same with Genji and Zenyatta. When Zenyatta was OP, Genji was stronger because he could run around with the orb on him in the backlines. When they nerfed Zenyatta's orbs, Genji's popularity dropped quickly in favor of Tracer who could heal herself.

Fanart, Mercy and the original Overwatch team got along great with Pharah's mother however who was also part of the original Overwatch team.

Toxi

Banned
It's a fan invention because of the gameplay. Pharah and Mercy combo together exceptionally well. When Mercy is strong, Pharah becomes a stronger pick, when Pharah is strong, Mercy becomes a stronger pick. They synergize well.

It used to be the same with Genji and Zenyatta. When Zenyatta was OP, Genji was stronger because he could run around with the orb on him in the backlines. When they nerfed Zenyatta's orbs, Genji's popularity dropped quickly in favor of Tracer who could heal herself.
Basically the same reason people shipped heavy and medic.

Gren

Yeah I really like the character designs in this game. Seems to observe the Matt Groening "identifiable in silhouette" philosophy, as well as unique color schemes commonly found in game character designs.

I'm not even thinking of touching the PC version until I at least get a Steam controller, but they at least got me to register for a Battle.net account and squat on a username.

Top Bottom