• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Lore Thread || Cannon or Canon?

uceenk

i didn't play overwatch, however i love the lore so much ... so any idea when will they release new anime short ?, short about D.Va would be nice

The_Kid

So how did they explain her getting on top of the arches in the trailer?

Not really a "real" answer I guess but they said they get asked all the time, so some sort of combination of junkrats bomb and mei's ice wall they figure.

They also seem really into the lore, like possibly expect animated shorts for characters who don't have them, not just new characters.

I-hate-u

Not really a "real" answer I guess but they said they get asked all the time, so some sort of combination of junkrats bomb and mei's ice wall they figure.

They also seem really into the lore, like possibly expect animated shorts for characters who don't have them, not just new characters.

Wow, what a cop out.

duckroll

Wow, what a cop out.

How is it a cop out? This isn't the first time they answered this question. When the trailer was first released, I believe they responded to the same question and said it was a Junkrat bomb. They also said they cut the trailer that way because it looked cooler.

I-hate-u

How is it a cop out? This isn't the first time they answered this question. When the trailer was first released, I believe they responded to the same question and said it was a Junkrat bomb. They also said they cut the trailer that way because it looked cooler.

They could have come out and said it was for trailer purposes why she they put her up there.

The whole Junkrat thing sound like a fib to me.

Syntax

Dunno. I assumed it was just a nameless solider, not an actual character.

latest

labx

Banned
I've read the last Ana comic and I have a question. So at the beginning of the comic Soldier: 76 said something about Some
it is confirmed that Some is another Hero different from Ana
?

I put it in spoiler just in case.

I've read the last Ana comic and I have a question. So at the beginning of the comic Soldier: 76 said something about Some
it is confirmed that Some is another Hero different from Ana
?

I put it in spoiler just in case.

Yes. Sombra is not Ana. Ana is not Sombra.

Blizzard was trying to tease multiple characters at once, and we were putting all information together thinking it was all for 1 person.

wait, symmetra is a villain?

The company Symmetra works for is, at best, a group of Well-Intentioned Extremists, and at worse a corrupt megacorp playing lip service to higher ideals. She herself seems to be somewhere on the Autism spectrum, and has something of a mania for order, but isn't totally sure she's doing the right thing by following orders. Bit of a mixed bag.

maouvin

Don't remember seeing dates for this before beyond the initial "2017" - comic is coming out digitally on november, and physically on April 2017.

Q1ZY0Mc.png

Kalentan

Don't remember seeing dates for this before beyond the initial "2017" - comic is coming out digitally on november, and physically on April 2017.

Q1ZY0Mc.png

Oh! Interesting. Wonder why such a delay for the physical version. Is it going to be free digital like the other comics and then release the physical sometime down the line so that the free version doesn't caniblize the paid version?

Q1ZY0Mc.png

Hmm, get some Joe Mad vibes from the artist (tho that's mostly because the examples I'm seeing are all WoW comics, lol). Could be good. Writer isn't gonna blow the doors offa anything tho, lol.

duckroll

Oh! Interesting. Wonder why such a delay for the physical version. Is it going to be free digital like the other comics and then release the physical sometime down the line so that the free version doesn't caniblize the paid version?

Doubt it'll be free. It's a 100+ page graphic novel, and I don't see why Dark Horse would want to publish it if they're giving it away free 5 months before. I wonder if the digital version is being rushed out to coincide with a new hero release though...

Fancolors

They could at least have made this statement on the beginning of this month instead of letting fans build expectations.

But then we are talking about the same company who gave us the Sombra ARG...

;_;

Fancolors

Completely-unrelated-to-the-current-news question: Is there any kind of explanation where the Shimada bro's dragons come from? Or is it just magic?

Come to think of it, if there's just magic on this universe, does it means Zenyatta's ult is just straight up supernatural? Like, he literally ascended to a higher plane?

Rize_21

Oh come on! :/ and what are they expecting exactly? to deliver the next Harry Potter phenomenom? tsssh... so they have something more exciting than what caused OW to crumble with its core members, ok we'll see, it's not like we're not mentally prepared with that whole Sombra arg. So salty. :(

Completely-unrelated-to-the-current-news question: Is there any kind of explanation where the Shimada bro's dragons come from? Or is it just magic?

Come to think of it, if there's just magic on this universe, does it means Zenyatta's ult is just straight up supernatural? Like, he literally ascended to a higher plane?

For the Shimada bros, imo it's just a representation of their Ki, there's a lot to read if you're interested on this topic.
And for Zen well, I always saw him as a robot able to provide frequencies and light healing at the same time, nothing fancy :p.

-Ryn

Banned

Given that Hanzo said only a Shimada could control the dragons in the "Dragons" short I would assume so. In addition to this, that blue aura came from him rather than any tech that we could see and became infused with the arrow.

You could make a good case for a magical or spiritual energy existing in the Overwatch universe, so it makes sense that Zenyatta may possess it as well. It's even possible they come from the same source. Like chairs or something.

Given that Hanzo said only a Shimada could control the dragons in the "Dragons" short I would assume so. In addition to this, that blue aura came from him rather than any tech that we could see and became infused with the arrow.

You could make a good case for a magical or spiritual energy existing in the Overwatch universe, so it makes sense that Zenyatta may possess it as well. It's even possible they come from the same source. Like chairs or something.

Chairs being known for their immense mystical properties.

Also, mention of only Shimadas being able to control dragons makes me wonder if we'll get any more Shimadas in game.

Top Bottom