• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Who would you have hid behind tonight, AB?

If you didn't claim.

Well, that brings us to my current plan, actually. My power is far less useful than a straight faction cop becuase of the obvious death involved. If I find scum, I cannot exactly report after the fact can I? And I cannot telegraph whom it is that I am going to hide behind, becaue then scum can get a 2-for-1 NK by getting that person. I had not really thought too much about where I would be hiding tonight, possibly *splinter again to double check, but that felt like a waste.

OTOH, with our current situation it presents an interesting opportunity. Tonight I can hide behind either you or nin (I will not say which).

If whichever player I hide behind is scum, I die and Town knows that Nin lied. Hopefully appropriate lynches follow.

If whichever payer I hide behind is town though, Scum is left with two hard choices. Do they try to kill one of you, and if so which one?
Do they try to kill two birds with one proverbial stone? If they do, whether or not they hit the person I hide behind the other person is cleared. If I hide behind Nin and you die, Nin is clearly town. If I hide behind you and Nin dies, we see his role PM and can be sure whether or not he was lying.

The only hiccup in my plan is a possible switcher. They could redirect me to scum and I would die, painting both you and nin in a bad light. And switchers go BEFORE my power (I clarified this with Sorian), soit basically comes down to "Do we trust Fran? And if so, do we think Scum might have their own switcher?"

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Cherry Bomb (3)
Xamtheking .2392
Ty4on .2459
cabot .2536

Ty4on (1)
cabot .2382 .2536
nin1000 .2384 .2506
*Splinter .2405 .2407
melonrabbit .2481

*Splinter (0)
melonrabbit .2399 .2481

melonrabbit (0)
*Splinter .2407 .2454

No active vote for Day 4:
*Splinter (has previously voted)
AbsolutBro
Bronx-Man
Cherry Bomb
franconp
kingkitty
Mazre
nin1000 (has previously voted)
StanleyPalmtree
Blargonaut

Day 4 ends:
red_1477162800.png

8 votes for majority

Bold plan, and I mostly like it, though with a switcher in play it really makes it difficult to recommend.
No, We dont.

Since fucking up the potential outcome is faar better for scum since they can put us both in a bad light.

But I like that plan AB.
There are definitely a few kinks to work out before go time. I am glad you both are okay with it, since it puts either of you in the line of fire for scum NK.

I will switch Mazre with either Cherry, Blarg or Stanley.

@AB what would happen if you hide behind a neutral?

I would live. I only die if I hide behind "a member of the attacking team". I suppose it is possible there is a scum aligned neutral I could inadvertantly clear, but I find the scenario somewhat unlikely given we have already had one swerve neutral in what is essentially a cosplay game.

Ty4on

interesting part of the flips is WAMD: no in-game character. That shatters the basic 22 players = 22 characters assumption we have been under since D1. It also means that scum might theoretically have a fake claim supplied to them, although this would of course have tipped them off that there was a character-less player involved, so I doubt it. It does render a character claim basically useless though. That is all I am going to get into with that issue though. Best if it is dropped and we go on, because focusing on the dead players when we need to hunt a living player does us no good.
I did not catch that. I have no idea what to make of that. One player playing two characters?

---------------
Your hiding strat seems decent. Worst case scenario I see is scum with a switcher can force a double kill (switch one with scum, kill the other).

AB, that checks with your earlier soft claim to me. I like your hiding plab for tonight although it has some flaws and we have trust Fran will be good.

How is everyone feeling about Bronx?

franconp

How about we lynch fran?

Are you really asking melon if she thinks I should be lynched? Are you reading the game so far?

I don't give a damn if I'm lynched. I'm a town switcher. Nothing else. If you want to lynch me go ahead. But if there are 2 kills during the night phase I will come here to remind you that I was right. And then you should lynch Nin because he is a serial killer.

kingkitty

It's a bold plan by AB, I'm fine with it. Even if it craps out and AB dies, we'll still get at the very least a few confirmed non-scum (assuming his role is what he says it is).

cabot

I'm not gonna lie, I wanted to admit this when AB produced his plan, because we're in a position to mislynch.

I thought fran would suggest it himself, for the greater good and all that, but he just wants us to trust his word instead.

cabot

Are you really asking melon if she thinks I should be lynched? Are you reading the game so far?

I don't give a damn if I'm lynched. I'm a town switcher. Nothing else. If you want to lynch me go ahead. But if there are 2 kills during the night phase I will come here to remind you that I was right. And then you should lynch Nin because he is a serial killer.

It was more of a general question.

cabot

So removing possibly town switcher fran from the equation is good and all, and that's an option.

It's not the only option however, this seems like a situation between about 7 people currently, in a game where 14 players still live.

I'd be happy with a lynch on the coasters as well, and Cherry would be my top pick.

franconp

I'm not gonna lie, I wanted to admit this when AB produced his plan, because we're in a position to mislynch.

I thought fran would suggest it himself, for the greater good and all that, but he just wants us to trust his word instead.

Why would I propose to lynch myself when I'm town? Why would I push for a misslynch? And it's not like my flip would really prove anything. I'm lynched, flip town switcher and it doesn't prove nothing. If you want to give someone for the greater good lynch Nin, who is a regular townie if he is not lying, and we confirm you. Or AB, who can confirm melon and Splinter. Or why not just lynch a scum!!!!!!

cabot

Why would I propose to lynch myself when I'm town? Why would I push for a misslynch? And it's not like my flip would really prove anything. I'm lynched, flip town switcher and it doesn't prove nothing. If you want to give someone for the greater good lynch Nin, who is a regular townie if he is not lying, and we confirm you. Or AB, who can confirm melon and Splinter. Or why not just lynch a scum!!!!!!

1) You're a switcher, and you should have the self awareness to realise you could mess with the hider plan. Trust is a blessing in this game, assuming you have it is not a good move.
2) While not pushing for a mislynch, suggesting your lynch isnt a bad play. I've done it before. In Election, where my role was a public alignment check, I claimed and offered Town to lynch me to confirm my ability, it is a valid play when you need Town to trust what you say.
3) Your flip might not link you to others, but if you're town we can accept that everything you said and thought had the best intentions of a Town win at heart, so we can trust 100% what you say. That's invaluable in this game, especially for one of the mor active players.

Lynching nin is good, he is essentially ordinary by his own claim by now, I'd be ok with that. If he's town, I'm confirmed, if he's scum, I'm not and I'll have to prove my innocence. More work but not a disaster.

I'm less keen on lynching AB, because I've townread him most of this game, and Hider is quite a good role, it can help us. I don't want to lynch the hider.

cabot

You could also lynch me, which confirms my allegiance and you can work from my posts.

If you want to lynch a scum, my top scum is Cherry right now.

franconp

I have already said what I would do: switch Mazre with Stanley, Blarg or Cherry.

And I'm not ok with lynching someone to get better reads because they are reads, it's a subjetive opinion which can be right or wrong. If we are going that way why not target possible scum, who also gives reads and you may actually get a scum.

I want to lynch Stanley. But I also ok lynching Nin.

nin1000

Banned
I have already said what I would do: switch Mazre with Stanley, Blarg or Cherry.

And I'm not ok with lynching someone to get better reads because they are reads, it's a subjetive opinion which can be right or wrong. If we are going that way why not target possible scum, who also gives reads and you may actually get a scum.

I think frankcop will be the better choice.
Trust me

cabot

you wanted to lynch melon before AB cleared her?

What's different from a normal read?

Ty4on

You could also lynch me, which confirms my allegiance and you can work from my posts.

If you want to lynch a scum, my top scum is Cherry right now.
Why would anyone want to lunch you rn? Even I don't wanna lynch you.

I'm not against lynching Fran. The only problem I see is if he flips town, but we also have a scum switcher. Not sure if two switches would be too bastard.

cabot

I'm not against lynching Fran. The only problem I see is if he flips town, but we also have a scum switcher. Not sure if two switches would be too bastard.

I'm offering all options.

I really hope we dont have two switchers. Though with two town JOATs (allegedly) I don't know what to consider as acceptable.

franconp

you wanted to lynch melon before AB cleared her?

What's different from a normal read?

I'm ok with you lynching me if you read me scum but don't say it's for the greater good because it's bullshit. I wanted to lynch melon because I read her scum. But misslynching on purpose to get reads it's not for me.

cabot

AB's plan has forced town (and scum)'s hand, but really what I said hasn't changed.

A decent percentage of the game isn't contributing enough. Can the quiet ones please speak up, we've only got about 24.5 hours left.

nin1000

Banned
For real now.

Nothing against going for the coasters.

It's almost day end and nothing worth mentioning if at all has been said by

Blarg / cherry / xam / Bronx

AB's plan has forced town (and scum)'s hand, but really what I said hasn't changed.

A decent percentage of the game isn't contributing enough. Can the quiet ones please speak up, we've only got about 24.5 hours left.
I can easily put my plan on hold for now. Try to clear a few more. It does leave the chance I find scum and die during the night phase though. Which admittedly is always a risk anyway.

kingkitty

I plan to lunch cabot as soon as possible

Also, I don't see how two switchers would be any more unlikely than two JOATs (if there really is two JOATs).

I'm going to put a vote down on my medium well suspicion Bronx-Man. I'm a bit split on franconp, on 1 hand it gets rid of some shenanigan doubt, on the other hand I town read him, at least more so over someone like Bronx-Man.

vote: Bronx-Man

Blarg and Cherry are going to appear in this day phase eventually, right? lol.

Ty4on

True but there are others I can hind behind.

Ty4on, you realize your vote is still on melon right?
I got really confused when I read this :p
Melon is on me, my vote is still on Cherry.

I think the less scum knows about whom you're hiding behind the better. With Nin/cabot there's a 50% chance scum gets a double kill if neither are scum.

cabot

I plan to lunch cabot as soon as possible

Also, I don't see how two switchers would be any more unlikely than two JOATs (if there really is two JOATs).

I'm going to put a vote down on my medium well suspicion Bronx-Man. I'm a bit split on franconp, on 1 hand it gets rid of some shenanigan doubt, on the other hand I town read him, at least more so over someone like Bronx-Man.

vote: Bronx-Man

Blarg and Cherry are going to appear in this day phase eventually, right? lol.

I fucking loathe you, san.

What have you been replaced by?

A bot that posts every 8 hours?
You're assuming I wasn't that to begin with
I've just been dealing with some IRL stuff that has put a damper on activity here, and I'm just waiting for Cherry by this point because that's the thread I'm following right now.

cabot

You're assuming I wasn't that to begin with
I've just been dealing with some IRL stuff that has put a damper on activity here, and I'm just waiting for Cherry by this point because that's the thread I'm following right now.

guess what song I'm playing next in Rock Band 4?

Top Bottom