• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

RetroMG

"Effective immediately, Cherry Bomb has been replaced by RetroMG"

Oh Xam.
hqdefault.jpg

heya peeps, im out for most of today so i cant talk as much as i would like, here is all i can say before in out the door.

AB just reminded me of this, I forgot to bring it up.

I read this as more in favour of Barrylocke being lynched over Mazre, but you concluded was different. Was Mazre a more definitive scum read than Barry?

yeah, mazre i did personally scumread mazre and wanted to tentatively push for his lynch (legit surprised it worked), barry i more saw others going in pretty hard on him and didnt have any objection to his lynch.

He looks pretty shifty to me.

would you say Fran is the one looking shifty?????..??.??

y'know, cuz hes a switcher, he shifts things aro- ah forget it.

For real now.

Nothing against going for the coasters.

It's almost day end and nothing worth mentioning if at all has been said by

Blarg / cherry / xam / Bronx

if we are going to lynch one in this list, my vote (which i will actually place when i get home tonight) would be on Xam, my scum read of him shot way the hell up with ty4ons vehement defense of him.

Sorian

Banned
Cherry Bomb (4)
Xamtheking
Ty4on
cabot
Bronx-Man

Ty4on (1)
cabot
nin1000
*Splinter
melonrabbit

Bronx-Man (1)
Kingkitty

*Splinter (0)
melonrabbit

melonrabbit (0)
*Splinter

franconp

I had Barry in my scum-leaning list but I could Blarg a day so he can at least post once. I don't like the idea of lynching someone before he even posted. I could go for Cherry as she had more time but didn't take her chances.

Who I really think we should lynch is Ty4on.

OK. I'm up.

Catching up. Oh, wait fuck all has happened with Blarg and Cherry.

And Xam and Bronx have only shown up to cast shade on those 2.

If we don't go inactive. We should go Ty.

cabot

What's everyone's preference for a lynch today, inactive or active?

I am talking about your scumreads obviously, not just purely inactive players.

franconp

What's everyone's preference for a lynch today, inactive or active?

I am talking about your scumreads obviously, not just purely inactive players.

Ty4on.

What's the rule about inactivity at this stage of the game? Do we get replacements this late?

Of our remaining unconfirmed (via AB's list) We have:

Town
Kingkitty
Stan

Scum
Ty
Fran
Xam

Unsure
Bronx
Cherry

Blarg
...is Blarg and either A) up to something with this silence or B) sincerely doesn't know he subbed in. Maybe a power play or a stipulation of his PM (similar to Splinter). Those familiar with OW lore does this fit?

I kinda think at least one of our inactives is another neutral.

Mazre

I'm leaning towards one of bronx, stan, or xam today. I'd just assume leave Cherry/Blarg for now as we have mechanisms for dealing with 'inactives'.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm leaning towards one of bronx, stan, or xam today. I'd just assume leave Cherry/Blarg for now as we have mechanisms for dealing with 'inactives'.
Bullshit. If I was this inactive, my ass would've been already lynched. Wanna know how? CAUSE YOU FUCKS ALREADY DID IT TO ME IN POKEMON MAFIA.

But nah, Cherry & Blarg get the benefit of the doubt for....some reason.

Ty4on

Bullshit. If I was this inactive, my ass would've been already lynched. Wanna know how? CAUSE YOU FUCKS ALREADY DID IT TO ME IN POKEMON MAFIA.

Did you just scum read a confirmed townie? :p

I agree with your point though. There's no reason we should give Cherry or Blarg a pass for being inactive. Their actions in the past (or, Barry's actions in Blarg's case) were still scummy.

franconp

What everyone think about this regarding AB role:

AB post his 3 more likely mafia before deadline. At the night phase he hides behind one of them. If he is still alive we have another possible townie. If he dies we know that one of the 3 is scum and we confirm splinter and melon. Giving 3 possibilities gives scum 33% chances to hit AB which isn't so bad. I will not switch any of the people AB post and if you still don't trust me I still have only a 33% change to select AB's target for the switch. It's a more aggressive way instead of the defensive one that was said yesterday and either way it give us some kind of read.

Mazre

A. I wasn't in that game.
B. Making a mistake in one game and repeating it in the next doesn't seem like a particularly sound strategy.
C. Lynching for inactivity day 1 is different from lynching for inactivity day 4.

kingkitty

I'm sticking with Bronx-Man, and I recommend town to follow this train to the motherland. Cherry and Blarg nowhere to be found is troubling, but I assume they'll be melted into fondue and replaced by new players at some point.

Xam seems to be Waiting for Godot.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm sticking with Bronx-Man, and I recommend town to follow this train to the motherland. Cherry and Blarg nowhere to be found is troubling, but I assume they'll be melted into fondue and replaced by new players at some point.

Xam seems to be Waiting for Godot.
I'm sticking with Bronx-Man, and I recommend town to follow this train to the motherland.
I recommend town to follow this train
follow this train

Hmmm.

What everyone think about this regarding AB role:

AB post his 3 more likely mafia before deadline. At the night phase he hides behind one of them. If he is still alive we have another possible townie. If he dies we know that one of the 3 is scum and we confirm splinter and melon. Giving 3 possibilities gives scum 33% chances to hit AB which isn't so bad. I will not switch any of the people AB post and if you still don't trust me I still have only a 33% change to select AB's target for the switch. It's a more aggressive way instead of the defensive one that was said yesterday and either way it give us some kind of read.
It's not a bad plan. Though I prefer mine still since it confirms two players instead of just one. It also assuages that nagging little voice that says "what if nin and cabot are lying?"

franconp

It's not a bad plan. Though I prefer mine still since it confirms two players instead of just one. It also assuages that nagging little voice that says "what if nin and cabot are lying?"

I think Eze's kill confirms to me that nin isn't scum. I still think he may be a neutral SK, and if there are 2 NK we should lynch him to be sure, but if he really is we won't know that way. Why go for someone who you read town when we can go for our scum reads? It's an attacking way of playing instead to keeping it defensive.

Mazre

Not so sure about AB telegraphing his play.

Nin/Cabot seem pretty solid for now, the plan doesn't stand to gain us much and offers scum a pretty decent chance at a double-kill.

Choosing 3 targets beforehand - if AB + one of his targets die in the night we won't know if he was doubled on town or he hid behind scum and scum killed one of the town. Additionally if there is a scum in the group of 3 AB selects scum has a better than 50% chance of landing a double kill (they know they don't need to target the scum player if there's one in the trio.

franconp

Not so sure about AB telegraphing his play.

Nin/Cabot seem pretty solid for now, the plan doesn't stand to gain us much and offers scum a pretty decent chance at a double-kill.

Choosing 3 targets beforehand - if AB + one of his targets die in the night we won't know if he was doubled on town or he hid behind scum and scum killed one of the town. Additionally if there is a scum in the group of 3 AB selects scum has a better than 50% chance of landing a double kill (they know they don't need to target the scum player if there's one in the trio.

I didn't thinked of the first possibility. The second I was ok. 50% chance of getting hit was what we had with the previous plan.

I think we should think of a way to gain something from this.

Ty4on

I think Eze's kill confirms to me that nin isn't scum. I still think he may be a neutral SK, and if there are 2 NK we should lynch him to be sure, but if he really is we won't know that way. Why go for someone who you read town when we can go for our scum reads? It's an attacking way of playing instead to keeping it defensive.
We're ahead, why should we take a risk like that? If Nin really is a serial killer and AB dies tonight we could have 3 kills forcing lylo after just two mislynches (assuming two scum if Nin is sk).

Ty4on

I think AB should just keep his selection to himself. Like with the native doctor it's almost impossible to find a way of getting info from a dead doctor. That way it's harder for scum to kill him and town clears are just as important.

Ty4on

Gotta fix this nasty post.
I think AB should just keep his selection to himself. That way it's harder for scum to kill him and town clears are just as important. Like with the weak doctor it's almost impossible to find a way of getting info from a dead doctor.
It was the weak doctor, not the naive.

I remember the discussion on how to get info from a weak doctor dying really not getting anywhere apart from megastacks. We could maybe do something similar with Splinter protecting AB's target.

Sorian

Banned
Cherry Bomb (4)
Xamtheking
Ty4on
cabot
Bronx-Man

Ty4on (1)
cabot
nin1000
*Splinter
melonrabbit

Bronx-Man (1)
Kingkitty

Xamtheking (1)
StanleyPalmtree

*Splinter (0)
melonrabbit

melonrabbit (0)
*Splinter

Day 4 ends in:
red_1477162800.png

*Splinter

I like the idea of AB naming his top 3 or 4 targets.

If scum want to kill our most suspicious players for us then I'm all for it.

The other plan confirms two players that aren't worth confirming. Nin killed scum. Cabot is confirmed by nin.

Cabot is clearly town anyway. I didn't need a cop check to tell me that.

franconp

vote: Ty4on

I don't want to lynch an inactive. Usually inactives are just town players who have no roles, or in this case really simple roles that they can use. And lynching inactives gives us no read. I prefer to play a more aggresive sort of game.

franconp

vote: Ty4on

I don't want to lynch an inactive. Usually inactives are just town players who have no roles, or in this case really simple roles that they can use. And lynching inactives gives us no read. I prefer to play a more aggresive sort of game.

...in this case really simple roles that they can't use...

Sorian

Banned
Cherry Bomb (4)
Xamtheking
Ty4on
cabot
Bronx-Man

Ty4on (2)
cabot
nin1000
*Splinter
melonrabbit