• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

franconp

This is the key right here. Scum nin had a perfect motive to go after Ouro who was bullshitting about his claim. He pushes it hard, convinces Town and Town lynch Ouro.

Ouro flips armourer and while Vere will be under some heat no doubt on Day 3, it's hardly certain he's dead. Ezekel will be vindicated as Widowmaker. While not alignment specific, it certainly makes the whole Ouro vs Ezekel thing appear less like a scum bro saving another scum bro and more a 'He claimed my role, kill him'. Vere and Ezekel come out objectively better in that scenario.

There was no push by nin, tell me why.

You don't put all yours eggs in one basket, it could give town conections later in the game. This is scum 101. It's not very difficult. Vere, Eze and Cherry went after Ouro. You would put your last member in the same group? Even more when Vere was the most suspicious player at that point. If they targeted Ouro and didn't kill him the first day, if they couldn't kill him again the second day there was no way to save Eze. Ouro would be considered cop and we would go after Eze for sure.

cabot

Anyway, onto the present. Current thoughts on my two candidates.

francorp

+ Engaged in conversation and regularly giving out thoughts on the game and who/what/where/when/why/how
+ Responds when attacked/questioned and doesn't shy away from such actions

- Voting record is pretty patchy. Wasn't on either scum lynch train however voted for Ezekel day 1, a scum confirmed by NK
- Peddling theories that range from colourful to 'Shit is this guy Chuck from Better Call Saul?' crazy.
- I'm uncomfortable in general with the switcher role.

Barrgonaut
+ Contributed to Cherry Bomb being lynched, scum Strongwoman.

- Voting record is terrible aside from Cherry Bomb, which unfortunately is a little tainted because of the misuse of UNVOTE
- Barry pretty much coasted the entire game and Blarg did nothing until day end. Continues to do nothing.
- So distant from the game that little information will be gleaned from a lynch at this point aside from 'is he/is he not scum'

cabot

You don't put all yours eggs in one basket, it could give town conections later in the game. This is scum 101. It's not very difficult. Vere, Eze and Cherry went after Ouro. You would put your last member in the same group? Even more when Vere was the most suspicious player at that point. If they targeted Ouro and didn't kill him the first day, if they couldn't kill him again the second day there was no way to save Eze. Ouro would be considered cop and we would go after Eze for sure.

We're not gonna agree on this. Scum has logic AND concrete evidence on their side to lynch Ouro, not even trying to push his lynch is nonsensical, on top of the already nonsensical 'I'll kill my own scum team mate who gives us an extra kill every couple of nights'.

I just don't see why nin would need to kill Zeke as scum? They had just lost V. Why would they, going into D3, willingly decrease their numbers even more? Zeke would likely have been lycnhed but Ouro's flipped would've raised questions and it wasn't a guarantee. Surely scum would have been in a better position without sacrificing one of their own for town credit. Nin has been fairly widely read as town throughout the game so I just can't make sense of such a gambit.

Honestly seems like your back is against the wall, Fran.

franconp

I did something for town.

This is the same argument that I gave in the AC game. It's what a scum who threw a companion under the bus would say.

I will wrap this up as there is no point to keep this going.

VOTE: franconp

After I'm gone you should lynch nin. His role doesn't make sense, too powerful against Splinter. And his lynch would really give you info.

Please don't fuck this up.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

franconp (7)
Mazre .2752
nin1000 .2753
melonrabbit .2757
Ty4on .2759
Bronx-Man .2785
Blargonaut .2821
franconp .2858

Blargonaut (1)
*Splinter .2720 .2760
Xamtheking .2795

No active vote for Day 5:
*Splinter (has previously voted)
cabot
kingkitty
StanleyPalmtree

Day 5 ends:
red_1477422000.png

7 votes for majority

Majority has been reached. Please do not post until Gamerunner delivers end of day. Thanksness.

*Splinter

As for Splinter specifically, really not sure what to think. Part of me thinks a potential Godfather but only because he posts stuff like this:

only to suspect me on a cop check the following day.

I've never heard of a Hider false-positive before, so I'm just going to assume Splinter was lying here. Which is hardly an outrageous belief.
Townread the obvious NK targets, see who survives. I do it every game.

Sorian

Banned
The Funny Thing About Teleporters

Charging a Symmetra ultimate is pretty easy. Set up a few turrets, get a few lucky hits with those energy balls, and suddenly, you have a nice shiny new teleporter transporting your team from the spawn room straight into the heart of the battlefield.

The hard part is if it's only one teammate dying over and over again and wasting the charges on the teleporter.

Even worse is if that one teammate is you. As Symmetra fell over and over, she had no issues at all running herself through the gate back into the fight where she would continue to meet her death. This time, however, the entirety of the player base was waiting for her on the other side and they were not happy.

The funny thing about teleporters

is you never know what's on the other side.

franconp has died!

Now entering Route 66

Prepare your defenses.
You are town.

Welcome to Overwatch Mafia.

You have selected Symmetra. Satya Vaswani, by manipulating hard-light constructs, you craft the world as you wish it to be but there are times when you wonder whether the control and order you desire are truly best for humanity. I usually have something witty to put here but Symmetra doesn’t have a lot funny commentary from the community so you just get to be the boring one.

You are a Town Switcher. At night, you may PM me the command TELEPORTER: <PlayernameA>, <PlayernameB> to switch two players. You may self target. All actions that would have effect Player A will instead target Player B and vice-versa. Please note, the “strong” modifier allows a player’s action to ignore all redirecting effects. And yes, I know her teleporters are only one-way in the game #dealwithit.

You win when the attacking team (scum) has been eliminated.

Night 5 is extended due to early majority and will end:
red_1477422000.png

Night actions due to me 3 hours earlier.

Sorian

Banned
Day start might be a few minutes late. Today was my first day of work at a new job and my lunch is right at day start. Just fyi, please send all riots towards Retro or YNNNY.

Ty4on

Not gonna lie, I really wanted to see what scum did tonight :p

VOTE: Blargonaut

That vote was pretty scummy and nothing in your play looks like town Blarg. There's acres of fluff and nothing resembling scum hunting like in Pokemon.

On a plane right now and working the next five days (including the deadline).

OK. Who do we have left in this game?

Confirmed:
4) Mazre [m]
15) *Splinter [m]
20) Melon

Semi-Confirmed:
7) cabot [m]
17) nin1000 [m]

The Rest:
2) Xamtheking [m]
10) Bronx-Man [m]
13) Ty4on [m]
14) Kingkitty [m]
18) StanleyPalmtree [m]
22) Blargonaut [m]

Of the remainder, Ty has been the scummiest throughout. Blarg feels like a misdirection (or bus). I could see Stan but he lack of the presence the last few days. Bronx and Xam have been about the same all game. Kitty seems townlike.

cabot

Of the remainder, Ty has been the scummiest throughout. Blarg feels like a misdirection (or bus). I could see Stan but he lack of the presence the last few days. Bronx and Xam have been about the same all game. Kitty seems townlike.

Who's misdirecting us? a percentage of the group have figured barrgonaut's behaviour to be suspect or useless.

Who's misdirecting us? a percentage of the group have figured barrgonaut's behaviour to be suspect or useless.

Fair enough.

Say we go for Blarg and lynch him. Who is Blarg's scummate? It REALLY feels odd to me that if both Cherry and Blarg were/are scum that they would both give away their hand so easily in the way they are playing. You lose two members of your scum team and basically given up the next (possibly final) two so easily?

cabot

OK. Who do we have left in this game?

Confirmed:
4) Mazre [m]
15) *Splinter [m]
20) Melon

Semi-Confirmed:
7) cabot [m]

These are very good night kill targets in this late stage of the game.

Nin could theoretically be a target on the chance he's lying about being a JOAT (but is still town and something else), but as a scum there's a good chance nin is telling the truth and his flip confirms me.

cabot

Fair enough.

Say we go for Blarg and lynch him. Who is Blarg's scummate? It REALLY feels odd to me that if both Cherry and Blarg were/are scum that they would both give away their hand so easily in the way they are playing. You lose two members of your scum team and basically given up the next (possibly final) two so easily?

While I'm planning for 2 scum remaining, it could just be one.

Top Bottom