• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Ty4on

If I read correctly Nin:
Burb resurrects someone destined to die, you'd have killed anyone trying to kill you.
Sophia reflects actions performed on her, you didn't perform any.

N1 you checked cabot, N2 you killed Ezekel and N3 Burb and Sophia died, right?

nin1000

Banned
If I read correctly Nin:
Burb resurrects someone destined to die, you'd have killed anyone trying to kill you.
Sophia reflects actions performed on her, you didn't perform any.

N1 you checked cabot, N2 you killed Ezekel and N3 Burb and Sophia died, right?

yes, correct.
i baited to see if scum would try to kill me.

Ty4on

Derp

I should refresh the page more often.

Wanna hear from Splinter as well. I'd also like to hear how kingkitty reads me and from Xam what his scum play is like and how it differs from his town play. You get a gold star if you give me a better answer than Splinter. Very low bar btw.

Mazre

i love this game faar to much. i might evolve right now.

nin you're theory about you killing burb is clearly flawed. In order for Burb to target you someone else would've had to target you with a kill, hence they should have died as well.

nin1000

Banned
nin you're theory about you killing burb is clearly flawed. In order for Burb to target you someone else would've had to target you with a kill, hence they should have died as well.

yeah, i came to that conclusion aswell. thats why the whole "i will reveal to clear things up" is so funny. It did jack shit

Mazre

AB's death still doesn't make much sense. If we believe Kitty that suggests that Cabot was visited and AB was directly targeted. Only explanation I can come up with is that scum didn't believe AB was telling the truth about being a hider.

I'd be more suspicious of nin but he's currently the only explanation for Zeke on n2.

Blarg definitely seems like our 'safe' play today. Aside from Blarg, Stan would be my next choice.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think trying to find method to Blarg's madness is one of the most futile things we can do at this point. That being said, he's still my choice for top scum until proven otherwise.

*Splinter

I'm definitely voting Blarg today. My guess is that with Zeke and Vere dead and Cherry and Blarg being replacements AND top suspects, they gave up, leaving us to chase our own tail for a few days.

If lynching Blarg doesn't end the game, we HAVE to look at nin/cabot. We can't ignore AB's death any longer. (We should look at it today really, but Blarg deserves the lynch).

Bronx-Man

Banned
The thought of nin and cabot both being scum seems kinda outlandish at this point. I'd rather lynch Blarg 1st, Stanley if that doesn't work, then nin/cabot if that doesn't work either.

.eJwNxrsNwyAQANBdGIADDBi7TuMV0iCEEUYyH3EXpYiye_Kq92GvebOdXUQDd4CzYOzz5Eh9hpx47j3fKYyCPPYKgSjEq6ZGCNIqbcUqt9UYp6QwFpQW9h-3CLdZvRgl4SD_Duhr8s_UHqXz0TL7_gBNayYC.VFSrPqouuXpMizZ3xAI58WPt6_c

yeah, im zenyatta.

i ma aparently a town Pope. i had the ability TRANSCENDENCE, once in the game i could make the mafias night kill fail automatically.

so last night i did.

*Splinter

🤔

Well we don't have any other explanation for the lack of kill

or do we??

If Stan is scum he could just choose not to kill. In a game that already has protection roles all over the place (admittedly balanced by all sorts of scum kills) this guaranteed fail seems a bit much.

I like how it kind of mirrors Verelios' "protect all scum" ability. That's a very clever claim, Stan. Good job.

*Splinter

Oh wait, but he must actually be Zenyatta to claim it, and protection matches up with him pretty well (although I think transcendence makes him invulnerable, not his entire team).

Hmm

Ty4on

yeah, im zenyatta.

i ma aparently a town Pope. i had the ability TRANSCENDENCE, once in the game i could make the mafias night kill fail automatically.

so last night i did.

What a weird ability. Gotta look back to Verelios' claim to see how you responded.

Why did you wait till last night to use it? The longer you held on the higher the chance you'd be lynched/killed before you could use it.

What a weird ability. Gotta look back to Verelios' claim to see how you responded.

Why did you wait till last night to use it? The longer you held on the higher the chance you'd be lynched/killed before you could use it.

im pretty sure i didnt respond, i was surprised by the similarity and didnt want to go anywhere near that discussion.

im generally pretty good at surviving in these games, and each night i never felt like i was in much danger of a nk or a lynch the next day.

waiting till now was basically a combination of not being able to use it night 1 (although i doubt i would have anyway),
i dont know if it would have stopped a strong kill or not,
not wanting to waste it on a night that had a likelihood of the kill being stopped anyway by a different protection role (thanks a lot nin),
and that i felt this power would be best used later in the game, when town isnt quite fumbling in the dark so much (the later days in our games often feel like a race against time), and with us having 3 legit confirmed, and 2 kinda confirmed, last night felt like the best opportunity i was ever going to get.

I'm Pharah, an Odd-Night Commuter, so they might have tried to target me last night, as another possibility, but I'm not inclined to go smack the fuck out of Stanley rn and would much rather eat Blarg

*Splinter

I'm Pharah, an Odd-Night Commuter, so they might have tried to target me last night, as another possibility, but I'm not inclined to go smack the fuck out of Stanley rn and would much rather eat Blarg
An odd night AND an even night commuter? AND a hider?

I'm starting to feel sorry for scum.

I await Ty's report on Stan's reaction to Verelios and Xam's reaction to cabot.

Xam, why the hell did you claim this now?

Gee I wonder why
🤔

Well we don't have any other explanation for the lack of kill

or do we??

If Stan is scum he could just choose not to kill. In a game that already has protection roles all over the place (admittedly balanced by all sorts of scum kills) this guaranteed fail seems a bit much.

I like how it kind of mirrors Verelios' "protect all scum" ability. That's a very clever claim, Stan. Good job.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm gonna give Stanley the benefit of the doubt and take him off my scum list for (supposedly) saving our asses.

But shit, now the only target I've got in my sights is Blarg. If Stanely's telling the truth and Blarg flips town, we're pretty much firing blind.

I'm gonna give Stanley the benefit of the doubt and take him off my scum list for (supposedly) saving our asses.

But shit, now the only target I've got in my sights is Blarg. If Stanely's telling the truth and Blarg flips town, we're pretty much firing blind.

firing blind with 3 confirmed town,

but yeah, i see what you mean, i dont really have any particuar scum suspects beyond blarg either,

and the idea of lynching nin isnt terrible, as it confirms both him and cabot, but i cant help but feel cautious about that, as it could just be a colossal waste of time to tell us what we already kinda know.

*Splinter

Are you guys forgetting the hider thing?

I'm not exactly expecting Blarg to flip scum, unless it's as simple as he has an unavoidable roleblocker or something.

Do hiders avoid roleblocks?

Ty4on

But I wanted to go to bed T_T

Not gonna bother quoting because mobile and it's like three posts you can look up yourself. Ctrl+F is your friend.

The thing that really strikes me is that the first really substantial post on the subject is all about how this should be about Ouro vs Ezekel because of the claim and that he leans Ezekel. I'd love to hear why and if you trusted Verelios, Stanley. Earlier on you posted you'd vote Verelios, but didn't because we were in turbo territory.

The next posts come much later (last ones by Stanley before day end) and now the position seems to be that Verelios is who we should focus on, not Ezekel/Ouro.
You also mentioned weird theories about Ouro and Ezekel's claim I guess. Do you remember which ones you were thinking of?

But I wanted to go to bed T_T

Not gonna bother quoting because mobile and it's like three posts you can look up yourself. Ctrl+F is your friend.

The thing that really strikes me is that the first really substantial post on the subject is all about how this should be about Ouro vs Ezekel because of the claim and that he leans Ezekel. I'd love to hear why and if you trusted Verelios, Stanley. Earlier on you posted you'd vote Verelios, but didn't because we were in turbo territory.

The next posts come much later (last ones by Stanley before day end) and now the position seems to be that Verelios is who we should focus on, not Ezekel/Ouro.
You also mentioned weird theories about Ouro and Ezekel's claim I guess. Do you remember which ones you were thinking of?

to that first part, i believe liegh hart can say it better than i:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AHnqUVowFE

and the theories i mentioned was something like bronx believing that ouro was tracer and his goal was specifically to get widow-maker lynched.

oh and i never trusted vere at all, hell i leaned scum on him day 1 (i think?) and it certainly never changed, i was just following splinters logic on how the contested name claim should be the bigger deal.

Top Bottom