• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is funny because Winston and Zarya are probably my two most played tanks next to D.Va

Winston has really grown on me. He definitely could do with a buff though.

Are you for real? Winston is so good at controlling a point or taking one, he's super strong. That he's underrated doesn't mean he needs buffs, he's a huge menace in KotH and good at every other mode.

Mupod

Lucio is the best healer to play when you're on a bad team. It's nigh impossible to play Zenyetta well on a tunnelvision team that never protects their supports or notices when there's discord orbs on enemies.

exactly. After 11 or so matches I had a 100% winrate on Lucio with randoms, finally lost one last night though.

I had a decent Zenyatta on my team when I was playing Soldier and holy shit he just shreds anything with discord orb on it. Crazy that people don't go out of their way to hunt down anything I target on Zen, most of my kills are usually just me landing headshots.

cHinzo

qtoId27.jpg

Welp, reached level 21 and finally got a legendary skin. I don't play Symmetra, but it's nice to have one in case I play her in the future. :D

Playing more McCree lately and he's such a beast.

Sorral

Someone in a group was confused with her nationality because of the costumes, hehe

Also. Mei's Legendary costumes are pure garbage. I will never equip them. Hoping for better costumes for her.

I kinda find it weird how they chose Native American skins vs going for more Egyptian deities such as Horus who has a falcon head, which would have made a lot more sense. I will keep on pretending that I'm playing as Anubis from ZoE for now though!

As for Mei's skins...yeah, I play her a lot and it seems that I'm just better off picking one of the colored ones. Don't want to be caught dead in any legendary/mid-tier skin on her unless maybe it was for free.

She's Pharah's mother.

And judging by some in game talk they might not get along very well.

Yeah, and Soldier 76 says "Your mother would have been proud of you." to which Pharah says "You did not know my mother very well, then."

He also says "Got your aim from your mom I see." to her enemy kills near him.

Pure speculation but I could see a sniper support being able to drop AOE heals from range (like Soldier 76) and maybe a sonar shot like Hanzo? Or maybe anyone she shoots is tagged and visible through walls for a few seconds?

LiK

Welp, reached level 21 and finally got a legendary skin. I don't play Symmetra, but it's nice to have one in case I play her in the future. :D

Playing more McCree lately and he's such a beast.

I want that skin for her. So awesome and sexy.

Shahadan

You really think Blizzard would let the game in this state for months without adding content ?

That would be a quick way of losing the interest of most of your customers. The game needs more content.

It's Blizzard, also summer, with not only another game they have to highlight in the upcoming months but their main yearly event for which they have nothing substantial left unless there is suddenly Diablo 4.

So yeah I expect them to announce three heroes then or something and not before. They can add skins or something in the meantime, but the game can stand on its own.
Wouldn't mind being wrong though.

Also I don't see them adding one hero at a time, it's not really practical

NeoRaider

If she falls under support I can see her being weaker at sniping but giving buffs or debuffing enemies, instead of 300 dmg headshots.

Not sure about this. Snipers are usually loners, looking for higher grounds or/and hiding.
But yeah healer with long range weapon is needed i guess.

Are you for real? Winston is so good at controlling a point or taking one, he's super strong. That he's underrated doesn't mean he needs buffs, he's a huge menace in KotH and good at every other mode.

I feel like he is very easy to kill with almost any character. Specially if it's 2v1.

Sou Da

I

Yeah, and Soldier 76 says "Your mother would have been proud of you." to which Pharah says "You did not know my mother very well, then."

She's not Pharah's mother, where did this come from? Just because she has a sniper rifle?

You really think Blizzard would let the game in this state for months without adding content ?

That would be a quick way of losing the interest of most of your customers. The game needs more content.

I mean, we know Blizzard is excellent about content generation. Let's look at their history.

World of Warcraft's last patch was...June 2015!

Diablo's last patch was April 2016, that's better! The one before that was January...

StarCraft 2 fares pretty well, with patches in May and March most recently.

At best, that's two to three months between content. Now, Overwatch is their new game, I'm sure they've got people working on it as fast as possible. End of June was quoted for Ranked returning, I'm sure we'll see at least something around then. But let's not kid ourselves that Blizzard has a good track record with this.

The achievements are all Quick or Ranked play.

I hope this doesn't impact the weekly brawl player count because my absolute favorite mode was the All Random / Random on Respawn mode.

Shifty

She's Pharah's mother.

And judging by some in game talk they might not get along very well.

She's not Pharah's mother, where did this come from? Just because she has a sniper rifle?

It's GAF headcanon from the Sombra rumor thread. We have nothing official from Blizzard yet.

It would be very like Blizzard to keep reusing the "we thought they were dead, but hohoho they're not!!!" plot.

A cloaked sniper hiding their identity? Yeah that fits that plot beat perfectly.

the only time winston is not worth using is when the enemy has a good playing mccree, you will die so fast even when using your ult for 900 hp

I personally find most of the matches where I've lost was because my team overextended themselves instead of just defending the objective.

Getting cocky in this game is like a death sentence at times.

Sou Da

I think Sombra being her mom is speculation.

However, Pharah's mom is Ana Amari and she is a sniper.

It would be very like Blizzard to keep reusing the "we thought they were dead, but hohoho they're not!!!" plot.

A cloaked sniper hiding their identity? Yeah that fits that plot beat perfectly.

Don't lines from Reaper indicate that Sombra is younger than her?

I just don't really want to believe they'd masquerade an Egyptian character as a Latin one.

Shahadan

As if it had to do with being blizzard lol. If an important character is saïd to be dead right from the start, more often than not you can expect them to be back at some point

SDCowboy

With two snipers (once Sombra comes out), I seriously hope this game doesn't become a snipe-fest. Nothing would make me quit the game faster. I really wish the first new hero would have been a primary healer or tank. Or heck, anything other than another sniper.

Shahadan

Regarding new character I expect Toblerone's rival, some Shimada sister, something related to winston like his AI or a similar animal experiment, and someone using a lot of poison and gas.

With two snipers (once Sombra comes out), I seriously hope this game doesn't become a snipe-fest. Nothing would make me quick the game faster. I really wish the first new hero would have been a primary healer or tank. Or heck, anything other than another sniper.

I can see it now 2 Widows, 2 Hanzos, 1 Sombra and 1 Reaper the new casual meta.

Just got the game last night and enjoy playing as Lucio and Trob the most so far. By far my best games were as them. I feel like I don't understand Zenyatta at all, D Va is a lot of fun, and am likely the worst as Hanzo though I got a POTG with because I killed a Mcree as he entered his Ultimate.

At first I didn't get Mercy because I was like there has to be something more to this, but nope. Can still be an amazing help to the team though, but at times the people I was healing or buffing were still just getting rolled over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom