• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDCowboy

I mean, we know Blizzard is excellent about content generation. Let's look at their history.

World of Warcraft's last patch was...June 2015!

Diablo's last patch was April 2016, that's better! The one before that was January...

StarCraft 2 fares pretty well, with patches in May and March most recently.

At best, that's two to three months between content. Now, Overwatch is their new game, I'm sure they've got people working on it as fast as possible. End of June was quoted for Ranked returning, I'm sure we'll see at least something around then. But let's not kid ourselves that Blizzard has a good track record with this.

The beauty of Overwatch, is it should be very easy to crank out new content in the form of grind-able's. Skins, skins and more skins can be regularly pumped into the game without the rigors of having to balance anything like new classes add. I'm sure new heroes will be few and far between (though I hope not), but there is no excuse to not regularly be adding new skins to the existing ones.

The real bullshit is Tracer backwarding her ass out of McCree's stun. Is there any other way to lock Tracer into the ground for a sec? I can't seem to counter her.

I find I have an easy time as Symmetra vs'ing a Tracer. Turrets lock her down and Symmetra's left click auto aims so...

The real bullshit is Tracer backwarding her ass out of McCree's stun. Is there any other way to lock Tracer into the ground for a sec? I can't seem to counter her.

Streamers have been exploiting this for awhile now. In the current version you can even reverse out of Roadhog's hooks and Junkrats trap. The game seems to favor Tracer's rewind if you activate it at the near same time as any trap or stun happening. I see it getting patched out but a few games I've been in now seem to have a level 40 something tracer who has mastered this exploit and reverses out of every trap or stun she lands in.

Shifty

I find that burst damage is the best way. Insta-kill her before she can pull any of her movement techniques.

Staf

Man just saw the animated shorts for the first time. It looks so fucking rad! Just a shame i don't like to play multiplayer.

L.O.R.D

maybe this is old , but mei remind me of Big heroes 6 movie

mei-gameplay.jpg

e1e5da66890fdc43e74d3ec7bbbd02cdde52e643

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
7-5 with some fellow EU gaffers, ill take that. Good games :)

Rixxan

Stayed up to ungodly hours two nights in a row playing this game, last time I did something like that was vanilla wow

Blizzard is back, baby

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How good is using D.Va's dash to ram enemies? Just read that it actually deals contact damage.

Sane_Man

What's the best way of setting up games with Gaffers? I've joined the PS4 community but it doesn't seem that active from what I can gather.

jerd

I never tilt in games and am always super positive but seeing people on defense chasing kills around while the payload is pushing to the final point makes my eye twitch

I play with 150 ms and still consistently hit Tracers and Pharahs with my Junkrat grenades.

Am I just that good or do they suck?

EDIT: I also have over 60 hours into the Demoman in TF2, so take that for what you will.

Anyone wanna play on pc? I don't use my blizzard account much, what do I need to give to get friends? My username is dusktildawn. I'm primarily a healer

My thoughts are:
1. McCree needs another nerf
2. Hanzo's hitboxes need to be adjusted
3. Sentry building should have a higher cooldown, no real reward for downing a turret because it just comes back 3 seconds later. Maybe a scrap requirement.
4. Shields should be 35 rather than 25. Kind of useless currently.
5. More entrances for attackers on the Japanese map with the giant door chokepoints, way too easy for defense.

Anyone wanna play on pc? I don't use my blizzard account much, what do I need to give to get friends? My username is dusktildawn. I'm primarily a healer

In order to add someone, you need their ID like your's is dusktildawn and get their serial number/ID number whatever it's called. It's usually right next to the ID with a hashtag. Like this:

monami#26440 (Just something I made up)

SDCowboy

My thoughts are:
3. Sentry building should have a higher cooldown, no real reward for downing a turret because it just comes back 3 seconds later. Maybe a scrap requirement.
5. More entrances for attackers on the Japanese map with the giant door chokepoints, way too easy for defense.

Yeah some of the maps need some tweaks. Right now there are a couple where it just flat out isn't fun playing as the attacking team because it's so bottlenecked.

Infact I think the initial turret should be free but rebuilding them should require scrap. It encourages you not to camp and actually put thought into turret placement rather than rebuilding your nest for free and pressing Q in case of emergency.

just get her siberian front outfit

Yeah, I actually really like that skin on her! I will probably try her out if I get that skin, but given how long it takes to accrue enough Overwatch points to unlock a legendary skin, I'm not about to spend 1000 on it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Infact I think the initial turret should be free but rebuilding them should require scrap. It encourages you not to camp and actually put thought into turret placement rather than rebuilding your nest for free and pressing Q in case of emergency.

it already requires you to do that to make armor packs which are vital

Zaventem

My thoughts are:

Sentry building has a 6 sec cd and needs 6 secs to go to level 2. The nerf you want isn't going to happen.
The sheld buff was nerfed because of tracer, until they get the common sense to go with percentile buffs expect it to stay useless.

it already requires you to do that to make armor packs which are vital

Only 10% of them will actually hand out packs. Most will just camp the nest. Putting a scrap requirement on turret rebuilding actually makes these bad players semi useful because they need to go out and kill something themselves to earn their nest back.

You go in a public server and ask for armour and the player usually wont care and just keep hammering his full health sentry all game.

Sou Da

Yeah, I actually really like that skin on her! I will probably try her out if I get that skin, but given how long it takes to accrue enough Overwatch points to unlock a legendary skin, I'm not about to spend 1000 on it.

You can't even see her while playing, get over it.

Also how does the tattoo of her weight lifting record not mesh well?

Speely

Banned
I got so many more kills last night as D.Va on foot than I thought possible. One game I was so desperate to get on the objective we were losing (team was off chasing kills) that I was just defense matrix + flying in and getting shredded before I could kill someone and then just jumping around and pistol blasting to finish them off before going down lol. It's really fun to lead enemies away from the objective once they get me out of the mech, too. No one likes to leave a D.Va alive. Cat and mousing them for enough Ult to get the mech back is even better.

This game, man.

RetroMG

maybe this is old , but mei remind me of Big heroes 6 movie

Honestly, everything about Overwatch screams Disney/Pixar to me, so I'm not terribly surprised. (I get more of an Incredibles vibe than Big Hero 6, but that's probably just me.)

I'd LOVE an Overwatch Movie/TV show, whether it's from Pixar or just from Blizzard's Animation group.

Yeah some of the maps need some tweaks. Right now there are a couple where it just flat out isn't fun playing as the attacking team because it's so bottlenecked.

King's Row is no fun at all as an attacker. It's way too narrow and everyone is cooped up near the bus or the theater. Even with a good team you have to constantly bulldoze your way into that first checkpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom