• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT11| Have Mercy

rulerk1

In my experience if you ask or point out how to counter the enemy's comp people are generally willing to switch.

Unless they are a Sym or Torb one trick but there is a special place in hell for them.

That only works if people talk lol. Tho one match I had today had a Tracer who held onto pulse bomb just so wouldnt switch even though we said to switch because he is getting countered

That only works if people talk lol. Tho one match I had today had a Tracer who held onto pulse bomb just so wouldnt switch even though we said to switch because he is getting countered

Most people are at least in voice when I play, so that's pretty weird.

we've all had our spirits broken by the mighty Jeph
That's a reason they gave me. While I'll never understand that personally, I didn't want to continue bothering so I quickly left the Discord after a while.

Oh well, maybe I'll be luckier with wins next season.

TrueBlue

Just finished Junkenstein Endless - all 16 bonus waves - on Normal with 3 randoms. Took half an hour and an almost busted door, but we pulled it off!

Literally punched the air at the end.

I forgot to post this earlier but Team Seoul revealed last night that they have signed Fleta, Munchkin, and Xepher for their OWL team.

Fleta - Flex DPS, ex-Flash Lux, literally the biggest carry player in the history of Overwatch and an insane player that's going to take a month before he becomes a household name.

Munchkin - Hitscan DPS, ex -Rhinos Gaming Wings and ex-Lazer Kittenz, was previously signed to Lunatic Hai but stepped down after a big controversy over how toxic he was on his smurf in comp.

Xepher - Off tank, ex-Cloud 9, also was on the same team as Geguri that accused her of hacking and was pretty much banned from Korean teams as a result until now I guess. He never made any accusations to my knowledge but his involvement on that team pretty much made him a part of the whole controversy.

I've been a Platinum Mercy main every season and now all of a sudden I'm sucked into low gold by terrible team after terrible team. I don't agree with you.

its an EXTREMELY slow process with the overwatch community, but each season does get marginally harder. youre just falling behind the curve tbh. that and the new mercy changes require smarter play. you cant just hide in spawn and res your entire team anymore

Mixed bag of games today. Barely hanging on in the 3K range, which is a step up from last season at least. The average SR gain/loss is about 1.5 wins per loss, which makes it really tough to climb.

At least I'm getting my Tracer mojo back a bit. If Mercy got nerfed I think this meta would be pretty solid.

82 hour Mercy main insta-locks Symmetra, we get steamrolled on first point, he proceeds to bitch about how our barely 3 hour Mercy isn't rezzing anyone.

I really wish it were possible to strangle people through the TV sometimes.

Kakaroach

I've played around 20 hours of comp this season and seem to be firmly stuck at 2290-2310. I'm fine with it for now, at least I'm not losing a ton of SR. On the other hand, I don't know if I can get to plat anytime soon.

KyleCross

Just had a comp game where a Mei spent all match icewalling us in spawn and out of the objective. If you run into a Josuega33195 on PS4... I am so sorry. It looks like he only started doing this as he only had 31 minutes on Mei.

I reported him, but I know that won't do anything.

Veelk

Banned
I accidentally joined a Comp game today and it went through before I could cancel. Was with a 3 stack that didn't communicate (while the enemy team was obviously doing so), and no mics on the other 2, so I was the sole voice in the game, but we won, so no biggie.

I feel that staying positive is such a boost to the game. The game was long and our win was pretty narrow, and it would have been so easy to tilt (one guy in the 3 stack insisted on Bastion on defense even when they were countering it) and that would have been straight up game over. But pulling a win out of those desperate situations is when Overwatch is at it's best.

Kenji17

Banned
Just had a Genji deflect my Hanzo ult, killing me and two other teammates. He wasn't even aiming at it. It came through a wall and he happened to have his sword up.

I hate Genji.

I feel like Blizzard fucked up with the comp changes and created some sort of massive elo hell in Masters/Mid Masters.

Last season being in the 3700-3800s would put you at around #2500-3000 ranking. This season barely being 3520 is #2998

Foxxsoxx

82 hour Mercy main insta-locks Symmetra, we get steamrolled on first point, he proceeds to bitch about how our barely 3 hour Mercy isn't rezzing anyone.

I really wish it were possible to strangle people through the TV sometimes.

Yes, yes show me your angerrrr.

To anyone on console who thinks Lucio, Zen, or Ana are acceptable solo healers as long as current Mercy exists, I hate you and hope you fall into Platinum so I can actually win matches again this season.

MG310

To anyone on console who thinks Lucio, Zen, or Ana are acceptable solo healers as long as current Mercy exists, I hate you and hope you fall into Platinum so I can actually win matches again this season.

Even more fun down in gold where they complain about me picking Zenyatta when the rest of the team has picked 4 attack characters and a Hanzo.

15-8 tonight..up to 2365. Surprisingly went 8-3 with Roadhog.

Cappa

Banned
Mixed bag of games today. Barely hanging on in the 3K range, which is a step up from last season at least. The average SR gain/loss is about 1.5 wins per loss, which makes it really tough to climb.

At least I'm getting my Tracer mojo back a bit. If Mercy got nerfed I think this meta would be pretty solid.

well to be fair, the trio of you me and owzers is 5-2. That´s not bad.

Fell asleep after Owzers got banned lol

NeoRaider

7M5IJmz.png

QP/Volskaya. I got the card too, but forgot to capture it.

rulerk1

I just got slashed while Genji was pulling out his blade. That’s a glitch right? There is no way that is intentional. How did that even make into this patch wtf

I just got slashed while Genji was pulling out his blade. That’s a glitch right? There is no way that is intentional. How did that even make into this patch wtf

Yeah it's a glitch.

People pointed it out to Blizzard when it was discovered on the PTR, but they still pushed it to live despite acknowledging it as a glitch.

Really annoying bug, killed me many times.

Pulse bomb has seemed really glitchly lately too. If I throw it when I die it seems to not appear at all but still takes the ult meter down to zero.

rulerk1

The pulse bomb thing happened to me to. I knew it was weird

Yeah it's a glitch.

People pointed it out to Blizzard when it was discovered on the PTR, but they still pushed it to live despite acknowledging it as a glitch.
Wow wonder why they did that. I almost want to call them incompetent

Cappa

Banned
Pulse bomb has seemed really glitchly lately too. If I throw it when I die it seems to not appear at all but still takes the ult meter down to zero.

Na, thats intentional.

Ultimate charge is now immediately expended when a hero's ultimate ability is activated, instead of depleting over a short period of time
Developer Comments: One of the most common pieces of feedback we receive revolves around the way Overwatch handles ultimate interruptions. Players often feel frustrated when they’re able to prevent an enemy from using an ultimate, only to see that same enemy use it again immediately after respawning

Until now, many ultimates drained the meter quickly over time, instead of instantly setting the meter to zero when the button was pressed. We originally designed it this way to ensure that players had the chance to use (at the very least) a little of their ultimate every time. However, we now feel that it causes too much frustration without adding many benefits.

With this patch, ultimate abilities will instantly set a hero’s meter to zero when the button is pressed, which means stopping an enemy ultimate at any point after it’s activated will ensure that it has been spent.

Another piece of feedback we often hear is that it’s difficult to understand which abilities are interruptible and which are not. For clarity, most of Overwatch’s ultimates fall into three basic categories:

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I forgot to post this earlier but Team Seoul revealed last night that they have signed Fleta, Munchkin, and Xepher for their OWL team.

Fleta - Flex DPS, ex-Flash Lux, literally the biggest carry player in the history of Overwatch and an insane player that's going to take a month before he becomes a household name.

Munchkin - Hitscan DPS, ex -Rhinos Gaming Wings and ex-Lazer Kittenz, was previously signed to Lunatic Hai but stepped down after a big controversy over how toxic he was on his smurf in comp.

Xepher - Off tank, ex-Cloud 9, also was on the same team as Geguri that accused her of hacking and was pretty much banned from Korean teams as a result until now I guess. He never made any accusations to my knowledge but his involvement on that team pretty much made him a part of the whole controversy.
Fleta and Munchkin looked really good in the showmatch against K9 and those Chinese teams. Xepher less so.

Fleta did great on every hero he pulled out. I think he's easily the biggest pickup in LH, and will give them some much-needed comp flexibility. The Fleta+WhoRU DPS pair looked incredibly strong.

Speaking of that match, the LH vs Miraculous Youngster match was really good. That MY McCree player is amazing.

The pulse bomb has to actually leave your hand and be thrown or it disappears if you die, it's not a glitch.

It was the same way in the past too you just wouldn't lose your ultimate.

antitrop

That makes sense for Genji, Reaper, Solider, etc. But Pulse bomb either has been thrown or it hasn't. What's is a situation where it makes sense that you push the button but the bomb isn't actually used and the ult meter is reset?
Same thing goes for Lucio and dropping the beat. If he gets stunned or killed while on his way back to the ground, the Sound Barrier doesn't go off and he loses the Ult Charge completely.

Same thing goes for Lucio and dropping the beat. If he gets stunned or killed while on his way back to the ground, the Sound Barrier doesn't go off and he loses the Ult Charge completely.
That still is a very obvious, "jump and when you land the ult goes off" how many frames are between 'ult charge at zero' and 'bomb is thrown'? Seems like too many.

Top Bottom