• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Winter Wonderland now live (Trailer, Skins, Mei's Snowball Offensive)

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Over the course of this event I have gotten Ms Claus Mei, Santa Torb,Yeti Winston, and Symmetra Highlight intro. From the free boxes I got the Rudolph Roadhog which was the other skin I really wanted. I'm still sitting on 7500 Gold, so I'll probably buy up the rest of what I am missing, but needless to say it's been a pretty solid event for me so far.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Thanks for the loot, Blizz. It was all junk and dupes aside from Santa Torb (a hero I don't play) in the last box, but I appreciate the thought.

Zen is the only one I've wanted this whole event and it's starting to look unlikely unless I break and purchase some more boxes. 😢

Beartruck

Got peppermint sombra! I now have her, ms claus mei, elf tracer and ice pharah. Still havent gotten nutyatta and Santa torb though (the only ones I really wanted). :(

B-Dex

I got Santa Torb, a couple player icons, Mei's snowman emote. Pretty good haul. But I really want Nutcracker Zen.

sam777

I got Nutcraker Zen in my 1st box, Chopper Torbjorn in my 2nd and Scrooge McCree in my 5th, so overall I am well happy wth that.

jetsetrez

Can't wait to get home and open my digital presents. :) I'll be really happy if I get Nutyatta. That is just the most hilarious skin I've seen since the Gingerbread man Nazeebo in HotS. His face just cracks me up.

wrongway

Lol, I got the McCree emote twice from my first box, then a bunch of mundane sprays and such.

But then I got the Mei skin from the last box. :D

KyleCross

The 5 free lootboxes were a complete bust for me. Not a single holiday skin. In fact the only non-dup holiday items I got was a couple sprays and Ana's voice line (which is terrible). I just want Santa Torbjorn. C'mon, Blizzard.

KarmaCow

I want to get those last Winter Brawl achievements but it's such a pain and now it takes forever to get into a game. I should have tried for it out last week.

Just paid for 11 loot boxes so I can get the hot chocolate player icon. All I got was the peppermint icon....3 times in a row.

Dumping money into a random chance system is always a bad idea if you're looking for something specific.

It is odd that player icons are the only loot box item that is entirely locked behind random chance though.

Grisby

Against all odds the five boxes worked for me. Got Mei's skin which was the last one I really wanted. On the second box I got Roadhogs Xmas deal, which is also cool because I only have one or two reskins of his normal getup.

It's a Christmas miracle.

Ok, that five free loot box thing is a legitimately great Christmas present to the fans. I wish more companies did it.
Pulled a legendary Pharah skin AND Scrooge Mccree AND Cyber Sombra, so I'm happy.

D7n

My son has been hounding us all day about presents (and his birthday is on Christmas to boot). Now I kinda want to start hounding my wife to go home so I can open my loot boxes :p

Got Yeti Winston, Lucio's winter epic skin, Widow's winter highlight (duplicate) and an epic money drop from my 5 free crates. Not bad. Now I only need the Roadhog skin and I have everything I wanted from this event. And I still have 10900 or so coins so I can buy that if it doesn't drop.

blakep267

Cool, 5 free loot boxes + 1 additional I had sitting around
*opens them up*
Oh. Sprays and the holiday sombra that I already have. Thanks

C0fV5JFVQAEREe9.jpg:large

last box was kind enough to give me some better loot

LiK

shit luck with loot boxes for this event. dupes all over the place. bought the rest of the holiday sprays with in-game currency. fuck it.

I got 4 epics, and 2 legendaries. Two of them were duplicates, only new Christmas item was the Reaper skin. Can't really complain, better than nothing.

webkatt

What, maybe Blizzard knows I've been naughty, only playing for the loot boxes. I'm probably too low level also.

I'm level 9 on PC and i got the free loot boxes. I have maybe about 2-3 hours played. USA

No skins, only player icons and sprays

Shoyz

Of all the Christmas skins, the only ones I didn't want from Day 1 was Reaper's (because I have Halloween) and Zarya's for being terrible (and I don't like Zarya). As I looked through every character's lists, I jokingly remarked that Zarya's emote being legendary rank is going to disappoint a lot of people.

First legend I got was the Zarya emote. Second legend was non-Christmas. Third was non-Christmas. Out of 4 pinks, three non-Christmas and the Reaper skin (nice, but of no use).

I had little hopes for the 5 free boxes. Four were WWBW/WBBW, one had a pink and it was Zarya's Christmas skin.

Have mercy..

TheYanger

Of all the Christmas skins, the only ones I didn't want from Day 1 was Reaper's (because I have Halloween) and Zarya's for being terrible (and I don't like Zarya). As I looked through every character's lists, I jokingly remarked that Zarya's emote being legendary rank is going to disappoint a lot of people.

First legend I got was the Zarya emote. Second legend was non-Christmas. Third was non-Christmas. Out of 4 pinks, three non-Christmas and the Reaper skin (nice, but of no use).

I had little hopes for the 5 free boxes. Four were WWBW/WBBW, one had a pink and it was Zarya's Christmas skin.

Have mercy..

Dude the Zarya emote is fucking awesome. It's legendary for good reason

Top Bottom