• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OXM New Dragon Age Inquisition preview [No DLC character, 40 different endings]

bill1148

Banned
tumblr_mgf80nWaj21qi1evuo1_500.gif

R1CHO

Is the game plot going to follow the usual Bioware thematic? As in you are the chosen one to banish the evil from the land.

Or is it going to be less dumb and more interesting than that?

Inquisition is a word with a lot of implications that can create a plot deep and rich... But I am not very familiar with th D.A. world, maybe Inquisition here just means Team of Heroes. :?

unbias

Sounds reasonable actually.

I don't think I need 10 different outcomes to the FATE OF THE WORLD.

Ya, fate of the world multiple endings in a franchise is just a terrible idea, imo, it turns the game world into a schizoid mess. If your world has no continuity that world stops starting to matter. Major endings that effect the PC instead of the world is preferable.

Is the game plot going to follow the usual Bioware thematic? As in you are the chosen one to banish the evil from the land.

Or is it going to be less dumb and more interesting than that?

Inquisition is a word with a lot of implications that can create a plot deep and rich... But I am not very familiar with th D.A. world, maybe Inquisition here just means Team of Heroes. :?

Ya, I really hope they focus a lot more on political intrigue, eventually... They do much better at that, then they do super bad guy stuff. Although, I personally, dont mind the "better then average" PC you typically play as in their games.

Brain damage. That's the only reason I can think for them to keep promising the world with multiple endings. Just...stop. It's more trouble than it's worth. A single, good ending is enough. Throw in a little variation, but tighten things up at the end.

Wow! Perhaps it'll be just like how the story in Mass Effect 3 is shaped by over 1000 variables and decisions from Mass Effect 1 and 2!! What a joke.

The Mass Effect team and the Dragon Age team are completely separate. Casey Hudson is the one who ruined Mass Effect 3. He isn't involved with Dragon Age at all. Yeah, Dragon Age 2 was a shadow of Origins, but it wasn't bad, at least when it came to the characters. It was obviously rushed, but I wouldn't call it bad. I have much more faith in Inquisition.

Bioware SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Did you not learn? Don't give a number of endings. Say something vague like "The end of your story will fit the path you traveled" or whatever. What does saying this gain you?

This is going to bite you in the end.

Seriously, you're fucking idiots.

And I say this as someone who has DA:I as their most anticipated title of the year.

It might not be as impressive as you think. it might just be black bacground with white text explanations. They havent said about in-game cinematics or anything like that.

bishopp35

On the 40 endings:

m9rCX3K.jpg

I'm liking what Bioware is showing about this game so far , so much , that I might buy it
on day 7 , after reviews
.But I really I don't want them talking about endings ,because it will only draw skepticism , color jokes and memories of previous games fuck ups. They should s say something vague like "The ending depend on the choices made throughout the this and the previous games". Please don't say a number that might be verified later.

Seriously, when it comes to PR is there any developer that is worse than Bioware?

The circle would be complete if they hired Phil Harrison and Molyneux.

Peter to make the promises, and Phil to defend his statements. It would be a hilarious sitcom. A wacky duo in a crazy video game developer world. Que the laugh tracks!!

Top Bottom