• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Says “Why Would Anybody Buy A Wii U? [Except to play Nintendo games]”

Exile20

I have a Wii, PC, 3ds and Wii U and I had a backlog before buying the Wii U and now I have a huge backlog and by the end of the year I will be buried in games. For me there is no need for the other consoles.

I envy those who have so much time to play all these games. The youth are so lucky.

I have a Wii, PC, 3ds and Wii U and I had a backlog before buying the Wii U and now I have a huge backlog and by the end of the year I will be buried in games. For me there is no need for the other consoles.

I envy those who have so much time to play all these games. The youth are so lucky.

Yep, same here just switch PC with PS3. Graphics alone wont make me go buy a new console. I will see how the PS4 launch goes and what else they bring to the table, right now PS4 seems like a very good option, but no hurry so much to play and so many cheap games will most likely make me wait a year at least maybe more.

Currently playing Uncharted 3, and backlog I have Batman AA, orig. Bioshock, Infamous, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Dead Space 2, R&C ACiT. Never finished GTA4, plus I juggle also Counter Strike GO, NBA 2K13, Fifa 13 and Gran Turismo 5. I just got MK for way cheap 9,99. So the combination of good graphics on my PS3 and Wii U plus the wishlist I have for PS3 and Wii U, I think I am all set. I will certainly have a hard time justifying a PS4 later, plus I need to play Bioshock Infinite, TombRaider, Dark Souls, Far Cry 3, The Last of Us, Crysis 2, many many more I can find for cheap. I might wait 2 years when games for PS4 are cheaper.

I bought the Wii U because I did not have a tablet, plus I love the gamepad, even if nothing great gets implemented Off TV play has helped me play a lot more than I did before. It is making it very hard to finish my PS3 backlog.

Fredrik

Wii U has been on the market for a year now; when are Pikmin, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Zelda, X, Metroid and Mario releasing? All those titles, except possibly Wonderful 101 and Pikmin would be system sellers for me. Wonderful 101 was, but it doesn't look that interesting anymore -- I'm still quite interested in Pikmin. X and Bayonetta 2 look incredible, Metroid, Zelda and Mario game would be awesome, depending on what kind of games they are.

Nintendo only titles wouldn't be a problem, at all, if they actually released titles for it. They've only released a couple so far; certainly not enough to warrant a system purchase.
It has actually only been on the market for just over 7 months. Still bad though.
(My daughter was born a few days before the WiiU launch so it's easy to keep track of the age of the console this time :p)

I'm actually more interested in buying a Wii U in the future than a xbone, though thats partly due to most games I want on PS4/xbone being multi-platform so a PS4 will cover me (buying launch day).

They just need to drop the price dramatically since the $399 PS4 announcement. Everyone knows its coming, its just a matter of when Nintendo can justify the cost and have new software available for people.

I'm on board with a premium at $200-250 depending on the bundle. When X comes out, its gonna be harder to resist though if prices are still higher than this.

Top Bottom