• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 30, 2017

Rolf NB

As I said in my last post, PAL isn't a company, it's a region.
It's an outdated analog video standard still somewhat associated with certain countries in peoples' heads. The utility of the term is fading. PAL has been dead for over a decade, and good riddance.
GFK tracks UK sales.
They track sales in a multitude of countries, separately.

tolkir

FScg6.png

Spain:
July 2017 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) PS4 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
02 (NE) NSW SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO)
03 (02) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
04 (05) PS4 TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE (UBISOFT)
05 (NE) PS4 FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
06 (RE) NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
07 (08) PS4 ROCKET LEAGUE (505 GAMES)
08 (RE) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
09 (07) PS4 FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (NE) 3DS MIITOPIA (NINTENDO)

It's an outdated analog video standard still somewhat associated with certain countries in peoples' heads. The utility of the term is fading. PAL has been dead for over a decade, and good riddance.
I only just saw this post but okay...?

I basically said that in my first post. But the term is still somewhat relevant (and used in the thread title) because (most of) the videogame industry structured itself around those old standards and that hasn't changed since then. At that point, "PAL" is a hell of a lot easier to say than "Europe, Africa, West Asia, South Asia and Oceania" and more descriptive than Nintendo's "Rest of the World."

They track sales in a multitude of countries, separately.

Obviously but that wasn't relevant to the post. He wasn't asking about what countries GFK covers, he was asking about the UK.

Bruno MB

Just trying to help:

yW8JH.png

Germany:
June 2017 - All Formats (Units)

01 (NE) CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
02 (NE) TEKKEN 7 (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
03 (03) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
04 (06) HORIZON ZERO DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05 (01) MARIO KART 8 (NINTENDO)
06 (04) FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
07 (05) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
08 (09) OVERWATCH (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
09 (NE) ARMS (NINTENDO)
10 (10) TOM CLANY’S GHOST RECON: WILDLANDS (UBISOFT)
11 (15) CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
12 (13) BATTLEFIELD 1 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
13 (12) MINECRAFT (MICROSOFT / NINTENDO / SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
14 (RE) UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF’S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
15 (02) PREY 2017 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
16 (08) INJUSTICE 2 (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
17 (NE) DIRT 4 (CODEMASTERS)
18 (RE) THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT GOTY EDITION (BANDAI NAMCO GAMES)
19 (RE) RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD (CAPCOM)
20 (17) MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

Thank you for the help.

FScg6.png

Spain:
July 2017 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) PS4 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
02 (NE) NSW SPLATOON 2 (NINTENDO)
03 (02) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
04 (05) PS4 TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE (UBISOFT)
05 (NE) PS4 FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
06 (RE) NSW MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
07 (08) PS4 ROCKET LEAGUE (505 GAMES)
08 (RE) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
09 (07) PS4 FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (NE) 3DS MIITOPIA (NINTENDO)

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy sold 28,275 units in the first 2 weeks of July.

noobie

Banned
How much chance that Crash wins again today in All Format? Any major release in this week? i cant think of anything notable.

Hasney

There's nothing really notable until the 29th, so expect Crash, GTA or sale/Switch restock games to top for a couple of weeks depending on what happens.

AHA-Lambda

Crash is going to continue to dominate charts pretty much until Destiny hits - I can't think of any big releases before then?

ATVI making dat bank :p

jonno394

Crash is going to continue to dominate charts pretty much until Destiny hits - I can't think of any big releases before then?

Depends how much its weekly sales are now. If it gets to sub 20k, then Mario and Rabbids has a shot at being number 1 when it launches, but the fact it has yet to appear in the Amazon uk top 100 sales of the year with only 3 weeks left, is somewhat concerning for preorder numbers.

Arms and Splatoon 2 took until around 10 days prior to launch to appear, so all is not lost yet!

Uncharted is a sure-fire number 1 in the charts.

Ok second thoughts, week 2 of this will be outselling M&R

Theorry

There's nothing really notable until the 29th, so expect Crash, GTA or sale/Switch restock games to top for a couple of weeks depending on what happens.

Shadow of War had a august release first. Would have been perfect. Now its in october..

Guymelef

THE HIGH FIVE FOR CRASH
With no new games launched this week Activision Blizzard’s ‘Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy’ (-34%) remains unchallenged at the top of the All Formats Chart for a 5th week.

It is the most weeks at No1 for a PS4 exclusive title and the most weeks at No1 for any title so far this year. Almost a third of all titles to reach No1 in 2017 were only available on Sony’s consoles (10 weeks out of 31 weeks). ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ (-7%) moves up one place to No2 ahead of three promoted Bethesda titles; ‘Fallout 4’ (+27%) at No4, ‘Doom’ (+17%) at No5 and ‘Dishonered 2’ (+25%) at No6. Another on-going promotion, this time on ‘Battlefield 1’ (+55%) has it back in the Top 10, up from No14 to No7.

Hasney

Uncharted is a sure-fire number 1 in the charts.

Heh, I totally forgot about that game even existing. 18th sees Agents of Mayhem and Madden come out. With everything dropping as they get older, one of them may snatch a #1 too.

Crashing trashing the competition.

Probably thread worthy for the 5 week milestone.

"Congratulations to Crash for not having any significant games released in its 4th and 5th weeks"

Carl

Nina Theory's game is out this week isn't it? It's budget price so might sell reasonably well but dunno if it will take number 1

I love Crash Bandicoot always and forever.

Come at me, haters.

fine, i will. Crash was trash even back when it released, all it ever was was a cynical and poor attempt by Sony to have their own Mario. the nostalgia for Crash is totally fake, FAKE NOSTALGIA. just so you understand.

Top Bottom