• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 36, 2010

For the purposes of HW tracking, the fact that Sports Champions didn't come with Move in a bundle here in the EU, we won't know precisely how many Move controllers were sold. Sony are making a profit on every Move controller sold so I would imagine it will be a decent money spinner for them.

FrankT

dolemite said:
So about 500k for the first week of Halo Reach, almost as big as the entire market before the release:lol

Nutty. 490k is a good start, and I wonder where it will come in total for NPD.

dolemite said:
Mafia II is probably well below 100k for this week, the entire market was only 625 000 units as of last week:

MCVUK

Indeed, it seems Mafia II PS3 @ #1 (week 36) was actually less than 50,000.

So Sports Champion could have sold anything between that and 500,000!

Cornbread78

szaromir said:
Fantastic Reach debut. Many people claimed that Reach would have a weaker debut than Halo and as per usual with Hal, many crows will be served.

Wal-Mart, (local store) sold over 250 copies of REACH in first 3 days, over 16 copies of 79.99 pack and all 4 Legendary packs gone at $149.00. The game is sold out everywhere!

MOVE, they sold three $99.00 bundles, and 3 $399 console bundles, and very limited software sales... This appears to be similiar in other local stores.

I'm in fear at the MOVE NPD numbers... 100 buddies on PSN, 1 person got MOVE... seams like a scary trend over here in NE USA...

FrankT

Cornbread78 said:
Wal-Mart, (local store) sold over 250 copies of REACH in first 3 days, over 16 copies of 79.99 pack and all 4 Legendary packs gone at $149.00. The game is sold out everywhere!

MOVE, they sold three $99.00 bundles, and 3 $399 console bundles, and very limited software sales... This appears to be similiar in other local stores.

I'm in fear at the MOVE NPD numbers... 100 buddies on PSN, 1 person got MOVE... seams like a scary trend over here in NE USA...

Any Reach bundles? I noticed my local Wal-Mart (high traffic store) had moved a couple at least, but more importantly all they had left was one 4GB SKU among the rest.

Cornbread78 said:
Give it time, way too early to get worried about Move or Kinect.

Interesting to see how Reach does for the rest of the year, great job Bungie.

Loudninja

Cornbread78 said:

You really cant judge game sales base off what your friends are playing or what one store sold.

farnham

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
Give it time, way too early to get worried about Move or Kinect.

Interesting to see how Reach does for the rest of the year, great job Bungie.
well i think both will have a tough time if they cant sell this holiday season. peripherals never did very good in the past and even if they did the support was always limited (look at wii balance board that thing sold 30 million and only about 100 games support it).

Cornbread78

Loudninja said:
You really cant judge games base of what your friends are playing or what one store sold thats pretty silly.

I'm just taking a quick pulse from that. Most of the players I play with are a pretty good people to pull that hype meter from. I'm interested to see if they pick it up in the near future.

Also, in regards to store sales, seriously, I called a couple stores stores and I talked to a few friends, because I was a little curious:D Three of the local Gamestops had very light sales, three Wal-Marts had light sales, and a Target had light sales. I'm just generalizing with my concern, I just hope it did well elseware when the NPD numbers come out. Can they even track the move bundle sales?

C4Lukins

Cornbread78 said:
I'm just taking a quick pulse from that. Most of the players I play with are a pretty good people to pull that hype meter from. I'm interested to see if they pick it up in the near future.

Also, in regards to store sales, seriously, I called a couple stores stores and I talked to a few friends, because I was a little curious:D Three of the local Gamestops had very light sales, three Wal-Marts had light sales, and a Target had light sales. I'm just generalizing with my concern, I just hope it did well elseware when the NPD numbers come out. Can they even track the move bundle sales?

They track that stuff but we rarely get individual numbers.

spwolf

Cornbread78 said:

well based on your info, SC would have sold between 0 and 0k in UK :D

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Galvanise_ said:
For the purposes of HW tracking, the fact that Sports Champions didn't come with Move in a bundle here in the EU, we won't know precisely how many Move controllers were sold. Sony are making a profit on every Move controller sold so I would imagine it will be a decent money spinner for them.
this. Also this same fact points out how well Sports Champs is doing since it wasnt a packed in game in the UK.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Well regardless of people on here that seem to be trying to down play the position on Sports Champions I'm still impressed by it it hitting the No 2 spot, I expected it to be a complete flop.

Well I didn't expect a Move game to be 2nd this week, but then the market is pretty shit at the mo so it probably won't take much to get to that position.

lowrider007 said:
Well regardless of people on here that seem to be trying to down play the position on Sports Champions I'm still impressed by it it hitting the No 2 spot, I expected it to be a complete flop.

I'm certainly not 'trying to downplay' however based on previous charts, the position of a game is not equal to the success (regarding sales).

If Sports Champion does (hypothetically) sell less than 100k, is that a flop? Was there any GAF predictions before release?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
I'm just taking a quick pulse from that.

Thank God you're not a doctor.

The plural of anecdote is not data. Basically:

You really cant judge game sales base off what your friends are playing or what one store sold.

Yep.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Opus Angelorum said:
I'm certainly not 'trying to downplay' however based on previous charts, the position of a game is not equal to the success (regarding sales).

If Sports Champion does (hypothetically) sell less than 100k, is that a flop? Was there any GAF predictions before release?
I think 80k-100k in a week only in the UK is a success . I can imagine 500k in Europe, 700k in the US (due to bundle, and heavy marketing ) and 300k in JP for the month of sept. Thats blockbuster game results anyway you slice it. Plus I think this is going to be a game that continues to sell throughout the Move's life.

FrankT

PistolGrip said:
I think 80k-100k in a week only in the UK is a success . I can easily imagine 500k in Europe, 700k in the US (due to bundle) and 300k in JP for the month of sept. Thats blockbuster game results anyway you slice it. Plus I think this is going to be a game that continues to sell throughout the Move's life.

Hmm, so 700k is your guess for NPD this month? As that will show up in the data with the bundle. Any other estimates out there?

FrankT

DMeisterJ said:
NPD isn't counting the SC bundle, iirc.

No they should be if the answer I got last month was correct. SW with a peripheral.

Would be the same as all those months with Wii Play with the remote if I understood correctly.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Jtyettis said:
No they should be if the answer I got last month was correct. SW with a peripheral.

Would be the same as all those months with Wii Play with the remote if I understood correctly.

Oh, well, that's a surprise. Should be interesting to see where it lands up. (For posterity, I don't think it will do terribly well, but because September is slow on major releases (save Halo), I wouldn't be surprised at a top 5/10 showing.

Oh, didn't know DR2 and GH came out this month... Top 10 more likely than top 5

Top Bottom