• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 37, 2015

I find really hard to believe that Tearaway: Unfolded couldn't have even cracked the German top 100, especially seeing how the game at least took the 19th spot on the UK chart.

Was it widely available?

Edit: Well, here's the reason :p

I had overlooked Toro's comment.

Well that's one way to encourage digital sales, I guess. Anyone who wanted a retail copy probably just imported.

Xbox One is just completely dead in Germany even in the top 100 they only got 8 titles in total with 2 being in the top 50.

And the only other 4 are in the bottom 15 of the top 100, where they will be selling squat. It should be alarming for MS, it really should. But it really looks like they simply don't care and aren't prepared to do anything about it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Launched on Tuesday, ‘Destiny: The Taken King’ is crowned No1 this week.

It gives Activision Blizzard their first All Formats top spot since ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ in W6 2015. The PS4 version claims a 57% share, Xbox One 34%, Xbox 360 7% and PS3 2%. A major expansion for a game released just over a year ago, launch sales of ‘The Taken King’ represent 16% of the original’s debut. There are also new entries at No2 and No3 with ‘Forza Motorsport 6’ starting its engines at No2 and ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 2016’ kicking off at No3. ‘Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’ (-54%) gets knocked off No1, dropping to No4, ahead of ‘Mad Max’ (-45%) at No5 and ‘Super Mario Maker’ (-58%) at No6. ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ (+3%) is a non-mover at No7, while ‘Disney Infinity 3.0’ (-18%) is forced down 4 places to No8.
There are 2 more new titles that make the Top 40 this week, ‘Rugby League Live 3’ from Alternative Software scrums down at No9 in time for the start of the Rugby World Cup, while EA’s ‘NHL 16’ starts life at No15. Xbox One retailer hardware bundling gives a boost to ‘Call of Duty: Ghosts’ (+124%), up from No24 to No14 and ‘Titanfall’ (+265%), a re-entry at No25.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

EDIT: What was the definitive veridict on Destiny's launch sales?

Bruno MB

Forza Motorsport 6 and Destiny: The Taken King will comfortably dominate this week's UK chart.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 should be in a distant 3rd place since I believe it will at least manage to debut above Metal Gear Solid V, around 16,000 - 18,000 units should be enough assuming that Metal Gear Solid V had a 55 - 60% drop.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
wtf, not even Ps4 can save Tearaway from flopping :(

Happy about Mario Maker charting high, it's a DRUG

I wish Bungie/Activision would actually release some concrete numbers and not this PR bullshit they do all the time with Destiny.

Also I guess TTK will have a lot of digital downloads too, because it is an expansion.

Bruno MB

Destiny beats the week one sales of Ubisoft's tech-tinged title by 7.5 per cent.

Ubisoft take their second All Formats No1 of the year, and smash the week 1 sales record for new IP in the process as event title ‘Watch Dogs’ takes the crown.

It eclipses the new IP record set by ‘L.A Noire’ three years ago with an increase of 58%

Code:
May 2011 Individual Format Top Ten (90%)

01. [360] L.A Noire (Take-Two Interactive) 224,000
02. [PS3] L.A Noire (Take-Two Interactive) 162,000

Total - 386,000 (Week 20 and 21)

Rockstar/Take 2’s crime solving title ‘L.A. Noire’ (-43%) continues to dominate the chart this week

Week 20, 2011 - 246,000 / NEW
Week 21, 2011 - 140,000 / 386,000 (-43%)

Watch Dogs = L.A Noire + 58%

246,000 x 1.58 = 388,680

Watch Dogs sold 388,680 units in its debut.

Destiny = Watch Dogs + 7.5%

388,680 x 1.075 = 417,831

DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 417,831 / NEW (95%)

PS4 Destiny expansion sells more than a mainline forza release? Damn

The PS4 version claims a 57% share, Xbox One 34%,

this also has to be concerning, with the original game much closer Ps4 - 46% , Xbox One -36%

PS4 Destiny expansion sells more than a mainline forza release? Damn

Is that surprising? Forza 4 launch sales was 107k(biggest launch sales of the series), even if Forza 6 have same number, a total 200k(half of Destiny launch sales, and just random guess number) sales of TTK is enough to make PS4 version above Forza 6.

Alo0oy

Banned
What's interesting is that the XB1 percentage didn't change, but the PS4's increased significantly, that means that last gen Destiny players are upgrading to PS4.

Kathian

Banned
Forza is just what happened to other driving franchise and I suspect the driving genre is about to be hit by the Fighter genre's Achilles heel - too many different games all doing the same thing with little to differentiate them annually.

Forza is just what happened to other driving franchise and I suspect the driving genre is about to be hit by the Fighter genre's Achilles heel - too many different games all doing the same thing with little to differentiate them annually.

I really don't think sims should be having yearly or bi yearly games.
Bring out one and update it with DLC and expansions .
Hope that is how GT 7 end up being .

Are those destiny numbers good?

The game is significantly cheaper as a digital download if you have the other content, so the physical edition is only a good option if you either only have just vanilla Destiny or have never played it, so numbers are kind of hard to gauge. It was the highest digital launch in PSN history, so it probably did pretty good, but not physically.

geordiemp

We need Destinys launch numbers. Someone must have em. But 16% seems low? However I'd imagine a hefty lot of sales will be digital on this one.

Edit: Under 60k for TTK? Is that right?

TTK was auto downloaded to most destiny players consoles a week before launch.

I know its anecdotal but everyone I know on friends list (over 200) bought digitally.

The main reason to buy the disk is to get a special or collectors edition, which gives all the DLC and stuff in 1 go for 'new' buyers.

We also had the PR from Activision on more players than the launch to the market.... so it would appear that they got allot of digital sales ....

TTK was auto downloaded to most destiny players consoles a week before launch.

I know its anecdotal but everyone I know on friends list (over 200) bought digitally.

The main reason to buy the disk is to get a special or collectors edition, which gives all the DLC and stuff in 1 go for 'new' buyers.

We also had the PR from Activision, so it looks heavy digital ....

Abaolutely agree on TTK but it's those Forza numbers. What's the excuse there?

Destiny has cultivated quite the loyal fan base.

Not surprised to see it dominate this week. PS4/X1 split tells an interesting story too.

That's kinda the ballpark figure I got (yours a bit higher). If those are right, it means Forza is under 33/38k. Which is terrible.

The driving genre is collapsing around the world but still does decently in EU, so yeah those numbers are not great. Especially for such an established series.

What was Driveclub opening numbers for comparison?

Destiny has cultivated quite the loyal fan base.

Not surprised to see it dominate this week. PS4/X1 split tells an interesting story too.

The driving genre is collapsing around the world but still does decently in EU, so yeah those numbers are not great. Especially for such an established series.

What was Driveclub opening numbers for comparison?

Something between 25-34k.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134119475&postcount=57
Yeah the genre is shrinking, but i think Open World type will be different case.

Destiny is an absolute beast of a game. Beast!

Nice to see Forza charting high as well, a few more TV spots would have went down a treat though, think I've seen it 2 maybe 3 times (UK)? compared to the relentless juggernaut that is the Destiny marketing department.

Forza won't sell systems because there's already a Forza on XB1.

This will, forever, be my take on system sellers and sequels.

GT7, on the other hand, will make PS4 hard to find for a month in Europe.

Top Bottom