• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 41, 2017

Looking at the GT S metacritic score and lack of activity in GT |OT| i think now even 80k looks beyond reach.

Just like lack of activity in Ghost recon wildlands OT thread lead to poor first week sales... oh wait. I mean perhaps GT Sport will have poor first week but GAF threads don't indicate anything.

okay, I was wondering how fifa was over 1 mil but ps4 fifa could be close to 1 million itself then

Yeah. PS4 version should be closer to 1 million than to 500k as XBO version sold between 100-200k and all other versions didn't even have 100k award.

cakely

Expecting GTS to open above 160k atleast. 20k GTS PS4 bundle sales.

Looking at the GT S metacritic score and lack of activity in GT |OT| i think now even 80k looks beyond reach.

A lot changed in 8 days, huh? You really should have started with the gloom and doom prediction, now it just looks like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

PantsuJo

Peléo;252374343 said:
There was a pool some time ago stating the majority of Switch owners are 24+ years old
And the reason is simple: the entry price for obtaining Switch is made for an adult audience, people with jobs and money to buy a "premium device".

The device for kids is the cheap, simple, accessible 2ds. Luckily for all parents, lol

SgtCobra

NeoGAF is a very very veeerry bad measuring tool when it comes to a games' success. Also,GTS only has 7 scores on Metacritic so we don't know where it might end up yet (I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking though).

Kill3r7

Best selling game for the first half of the year was Wildlands. There was barely any activity on that OT on GAF. That said, sim racing is a dying genre on consoles. Let’s see if GTS proves me wrong.

UV-6

I'm guessing 45k for GTS. Mainly down to the decline of sales in the UK and the lack of an offline experience may have deterred some people.

BIU awards include digital sales. With digital FIFA was also over 1 million first week in UK.

First week in UK: 831 000
First week in Germany going by these awards (as FIFA launched during last week of september): Over 1 million

With digital UK numbers should be over 1 million too though.

So both UK and Germany above 1 million it looks like.

If I recall previous awards and Bruno's numbers, Germany has lagged behind but seems to have caught up out the gate. I'd expect so with 80 million.

tolkir

FScg6.png

Spain:
Week 41, 2017 - All Formats (Units)

01 (01) PS4 FIFA 18 - 27,000 / 324,000
02 (NE) PS4 Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - 11,000 / NEW
03 (NE) PS4 The Evil Within 2 - 4,200 / NEW
04 (--) PS3 FIFA 18 - 2,700 / 16,000
05 (--) XBO FIFA 18 - 2,500 / 21,500

LTD Numbers

FIFA 18 - NSW: 11,000, 360: 4,000, PC: 3,500
NBA 2K17 - PS4: 76,000
NBA 2K16 - PS4: 75,500
NBA 2K14 - PS3: 62,000

black070

So GTS opened above GT6 and three times more than Forza 7. Do we have those numbers?

Above Gran Turismo 6 which opened to 55,000.
Gran Turismo 5 sold more then 3 times higher with 269,000.
Sold 3 times higher then Forza 7 which opened to less than 30,000.

I would say anywhere between 70-85,000 sounds about right.

Mario007

Above Gran Turismo 6 which opened to 55,000.
Gran Turismo 5 sold more then 3 times higher with 269,000.
Sold 3 times higher then Forza 7 which opened to less than 30,000.

I would say anywhere between 70-85,000 sounds about right.
Yeah so an ok result. Should have done well but considering it's a purely online game I guess it's a good result.

xrnzaaas

Those are pretty expected numbers for GTS, but I wonder if more people may refund than usual because of buying the game without doing research and not being okay with the shape of the series. The local video games store where I buy most games already has plenty of used copies on stock.

T.O.P

Banned
Pretty much what i expected from GT, i'm not seeing much legs tho, considering user reviews and word of mouth

Bruno MB

Brune has left NeoGAF?

I have not but I won't participate as much as before.

I registered here because of its amazing sales-age community, the best on the Internet. Now if most of them have left then I have not much incentive to continue making these threads.

Doing this every week is very time-consuming but I gladly did it because the sales-age community gave me a lot and I wanted to give something in return. I have enjoyed a lot these past 5 years taking care of PAL sales.

PantsuJo

I registered here because of its amazing sales-age community, the best on the Internet. Now if most of them have left then I have not much incentive to continue making these threads.

If you are ok with this, I can continue to make PAL Charts threads here, although they will not be super complete and nice-looking as yours.

Simple threads, just to inform GAF users about charts.

Striek

I hope you wait and see if theres anything worth salvaging in the wash, Bruno. I've always enjoyed these threads and appreciated the effort you and your forebears have put in. All the best either way :)

Bruno MB

If you are ok with this, I can continue to make PAL Charts threads here, although they will not be super complete and nice-looking as yours.

Simple threads, just to inform GAF users about charts.

I will create the PAL Charts - Week 42, 2017 thread anyway.

But sure, I hope these threads continue here and I also hope you or who is in charge of this does a good job and put care.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I hope you wait and see if theres anything worth salvaging in the wash, Bruno. I've always enjoyed these threads and appreciated the effort you and your forebears have put in. All the best either way :)
. Thanks Bruno, hope you'll stay.

noobie

Banned
I have not but I won't participate as much as before.

Doing this every week is very time-consuming but I gladly did it because the sales-age community gave me a lot and I wanted to give something in return. I have enjoyed a lot these past 5 years taking care of PAL sales.

i will appeal to you to stay and continue for a month atleast and then make a decision. Your contribution are surely invaluable.

Top Bottom