• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 51, 2013

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
PR from GFK / Ukie

* The final week of the year sees EA’s 'FIFA 14' (-31%) remaining at No1, taking a 5th week since launch as the top-selling software title, one more week than ‘FIFA 13’ last year – the difference being that ‘FIFA 14’ claimed the Christmas No1 this year (last week) whereas last year it was taken by ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops II’ in week 51, 2012. Activision’s 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' remains at No2 (-24%) but is less than 2000 units behind ‘FIFA 14’ and has also taken 5 weeks at No1 since launch. Ubisoft’s 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' (-15%) remains at No3 having taken the top spot once back at launch (wk44) but has never been out of the Top 5. EA’s ‘Battlefield 4’ remains at No4 for a 3rd consecutive week (-11%) having debuted at No2 in the same week as ‘Assassin’s Creed IV’. Rockstar/Take 2’s ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ has been climbing for the past 3 weeks and moves back in to the Top 5 at No5 (-5%).

pswii60

pswii60

I don't understand how 3D world could drop so quick. The install base must be catastrophically low in the UK.

It is. And a fucking damn shame that a game of that extreme quality should end up in this situation.

It's not all bad though, I've no doubt Nintendo will re-release it as Super Mario 4k World in 10 years.

I don't understand how 3D world could drop so quick. The install base must be catastrophically low in the UK.

It really is that's the problem and there doesn't seem to be a huge... hell, even decent uptake in rate this Xmas either. The bundled software has appeared a couple of times at the very bottom of the charts some weeks, meaning only a few thousand new owners. Nothing substantial to turn the fate of the console around.

Happens most years with the year-end Ubisoft game. They drop in price like a stone and can be found for about £20 now.

It's why I wish Watchdogs hit it's release date.

Yeah, I forgot that their games are usually half price within a couple of weeks.

Anyway,

beo4ZmJ.png

Nice to see most launch titles on the rise.

liger05

FIFA 14 on PS4 is the top game in the value chart this week. Meaning it caused more revenue for retail that week. Which is pretty interesting that the format with "only" about 400-500k sales managed that during the Xmas period when you have all the big games out selling well on formats with larger installed bases. Sure it's more expensive on PS4 and early adopters and all that but it's still interesting to see.

liger05

It really is that's the problem and there doesn't seem to be a huge... hell, even decent uptake in rate this Xmas either. The bundled software has appeared a couple of times at the very bottom of the charts some weeks, meaning only a few thousand new owners. Nothing substantial to turn the fate of the console around.

Nothing can turn it around. The UK is a lost cause.

DrWong

France week 51:

1 - Just Dance 2014 Wii - Ubisoft
2 - FIFA 14 PS3 - Electronic Arts
3 - Call Of Duty : Ghosts PS3 - Activision Blizzard
4 - Gran Turismo PS3 - Sony
5 - GTA V PS3 - Take-Two

Gran Turismo didn't excel during first week sales, but to no one's surprise it's going to linger around in the charts for a long time regardless.

test_account

XP-39C²
Maybe the word has finally gotten round to how average it really is.
I'm not sure if that is the reason. Other games like Super Mario 3D World and Tearaway went out of the Top 40 quite fast, but i doubt that this is because that the word to mouth for those games is that they are average games. I think it comes more down to general interest (or the lack of) in the games. Killzone: Shadow Fall, especially the multiplayer, is being praised by many people.

Top Bottom