• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paladins Open Beta Thread | PC

Well, now this is troublesome. Im playing on ps4 and just finished my placement games. They threw me to plat2 which I guess is pretty good but now Im getting a truckload of hate messages cause Im playing low level champions. Well, low level champions is all I got since Ive played this for bit over a week now duh.

I dont know man. I guess I need to stick to normal games and get some "mains" to higher levels. What a stupid concept to show the champion level to everybody just so they can get a scapegoat to blame on for a loss.

Can't you mute messages of people that aren't friends or something like that?

Meccs

What is you policy when no one chooses Support or Tank (like 99% of the time). You you choose a hero you are not comfortable with or do you stick to your preferred heroes? I am ok with playing a healer but I feel like I do more harm than good as a tank on most maps. It ruins the game for me if I have to play as someone I suck at.

tamminen

What is you policy when no one chooses Support or Tank (like 99% of the time). You you choose a hero you are not comfortable with or do you stick to your preferred heroes? I am ok with playing a healer but I feel like I do more harm than good as a tank on most maps. It ruins the game for me if I have to play as someone I suck at.

Ive always been the guy who picks whats needed. Of course this means 90% of the time Im playing a frontline or support. Theyre quite fun in Paladins so its kind of ok but sure it gets annoying sometimes. Why am I trying to make the team complete while the others are just instalocking what they want. Its kind of the reason I quit LoL years ago cause I was so stuck with supports and they were really boring.

If I wanna train a champ Im not too familiar with I just queue to normal games and instalock what I want. Ranked is more tryhard.

A few days ago I won my first competitive match ever.
So far:

Wins: 1
Loses: 0

I had fun, but my teammates were annoyed I picked Skye on competitive. At the end even the enemy team was unprepared for Skye and I ended giving my team the win.
3 friend requests ignored later, i just left for my safe home of casual gaming.

Mulgrok

hating the new sniper guy. He is not fun to play against because all they do is stand on the other side of the map and strafe side to side out of cover every time they fire.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
FPS seems much improved since the last patch? Never dips below 60 even with my GPU in video-mode clocks (Thanks for not fixing UVD bugs, AMD ;) )

They also seem to have nerfed Strix's gun quite a bit?

Edit: Also fucking hell at ANOTHER fucking premium currency to buy shit with.

So now we got Gold, Essence, Diamonds and VIP Points, the latter two being designed to be the big money sinks. Like what the fuck. Luckily the core game's still fun as hell and it's just cosmetics BS, but still.

selo

Yep, i think they should rename the VIP system. People who are not really into the game and hear it will yell "P2W!!", but its not at all.

I just noticed that this is the first game on my steam library that I've played for 1000 hours :O, crazy (since beta launch in sept last year). Still have tons of fun with this game, meanwhile, overwatch sits with about 16 hours of play :p

Mulgrok

Tried Zhin for the first time today. Took a few games to get the hang of it, but dashing into a crowd of enemies and activating guard stance that automatically counterattacks and heals me every time they shoot at me is fun. Kill 3 people almost instantly and heal to full at the same time. Unless they are smart and don't fire when I have my sword up, but I smoke bomb and run away if that doesn't work.

EDIT: last update made the servers unstable because matches keep dropping or breaking in weird ways. Even had some crashes.
EDIT2: The cosmetic costumes and animations are way better than I expected. They seem really nice, and I am tempted to purchase some of them.

Woah, so much different. 3 new champs... jenos is fun. I am surprised they have a legit fun support, granted they just made a support have an assault rifle but that appeals to me.

The other thing is... WTF are VIP points anyway? I looked around the store a bit didn't find anything.

edit:
Wow, they really stepped up the skin game

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fuck yeah can't wait for Ghost Pirate Makoa.

He's like the only champ that I have all special skins haha

Game is still fun. I wish I had more friends interested in it though. Everyone plays PUBG or OW, if they play shooters at all.

edit

I think I am a big jenos fan now. It's about fuckn time they made a support that appeals to me. But I'll probably often go the damage route with a short mark cooldown instead of the heal 10% stuff.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So what should I spend my 180 gems at anyway? All the latest hot shit is VIP points now :p. And will they ever make a hero that's more fun to play than Maeve? She's just perfect.

So what should I spend my 180 gems at anyway? All the latest hot shit is VIP points now :p. And will they ever make a hero that's more fun to play than Maeve? She's just perfect.

Maeve is really strong atm. I would not be surprised to a see a nerf tbh. She is very fun tho. I was playing her a ton before I took a 2 month break and now coming back and her projectile speed is higher... holy shit she is really strong atm.

I am saving up whatever gems I get for VIP membership I guess. Buying that VIP pack... well, that it 5 bucks more than I am willing to spend.

Good luck trying to play him, since nearly every game you'll be competing against people to click him faster.

Never liked that about casual play. Should do it like quick match in HOTS.

I was so goddamn right.

Talus is borderline broken.

On my first try I went with a 29 killing spree before they even managed to slow us down.
His Q easily can take out any Frontline save for a full Torvald, still, that is an insane amount of damage for a Flanker. He is a bit of slow moving, but his teleport (mixed with the Legendary that allows him to teleport when he wants) makes him really unpredictable.
His ultimate is weird, but I can see people exploiting it on some maps.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This is so Evangelion it hurts

DMCKT9dW4AIcJd4.jpg

then again

DMCJHKjW0AEej01.jpg

Another Axe guy heh.

Looks interesting.

Played a handful of games tonight with a friend. Still fun game. Still looking for more people to play with on PC! I'm 2700~ elo, largely solo. Could climb much higher I am sure.

Top Bottom