• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palutena Confirmed for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U

Wichu

So the earlier 'leaks' are confirmed fake (or at best use early assets) - the model shown in the trailer is different than the one in the 'leaks' (for example, the halo doesn't appear in the idle pose, and the dress doesn't use texture to indicate folds).

Looking forward to trying her out anyway. Her moveset looks pretty insane.

ultron87

Something really bothered me about how she looks in comparison to everyone else. After watching the clip a few times I think it is that she seems really tall. It might just be that godlike posture.

Platy

Pictures were real though

Compared.
smash_bros_palutena.jpg

screen-10.jpg

Face was altered, but everything else matches up. #teamreal

Staff texture is diferent, no highlight in red ball on belt, face diferent, texture on dress is diferent, color and shade of the ball on the staff are totaly diferent, "rings" on her arm are diferent with, left arm armor only goes to elbow ...

If the pics are not fake then they gave LOTS of upgrades to her design

Crayolan

One of the definite highlights of the direct. I was sure she was getting in, but it's great to finally see it for real.

Oh, and Miis look decent too.

Crocodile

When Palutena was shown at the start of the trailer I was AFRAID it was going to be a Magnus (or some other loser) bait & switch since characters more often than not it feels are usually show up near the middle/end not beginning of a trailer. GLAD I WAS WRONG!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

After looking at the ridiculous size of some of her attacks I was wondering how they'd balance it. Digging into my usual design patterns I think we might have our first 'carried charge' character going on :eek:

Is it possible the attacks have to be stored up before they go off? (though she could probably move while this is happening)

Regardless she looks freaking amazing and I'm totally playing her. My only concern is that she makes Zelda look kinda redundant :p

Son Of D

I'm guessing the Pitoo tease at the end was for an alternate colour swap for Pit that gives him alternate dialogue.

-Horizon-

Sakurai, pls have Lucina. That's all I ask for. Then I will have the ultimate trifecta of Palutena, Lucina, and Rosalina.

Top Bottom