• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palutena Confirmed for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U

Mr. Desu

iOtbVuPB7Dk5s.gif

I CAN'T TAKE IT!

PBalfredo

Staff texture is diferent, no highlight in red ball on belt, face diferent, texture on dress is diferent, color and shade of the ball on the staff are totaly diferent, "rings" on her arm are diferent with, left arm armor only goes to elbow ...

If the pics are not fake then they gave LOTS of upgrades to her design

It's time to pay up, teamreal.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You may notice a pattern in the avatars of this type of poster.

They're actually all pretty different.

Anyway, that little gif and some gameplay clips are enough to make me interested in this character that I previously had no history with.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, is this rumor true or what? There are only couple of months to release, I'm not sure how could they announce all of these until the launch if they are true.

IIRC, none of the unlockablecharacters in melee, outside of the ones returning from Smash 64, were revealed before launch, and Zelda (not sheik) was unveiled like 2 days before the game came out.

Smash always has unrevealed surprises.

I like how she's trolling Link saying he's good "for a mortal". He's killed far worse than you Palutena. XD

Really liked the reveal trailer except for the T&A intro.

Jealous much?

Insulting someone for being bothered by the fanservice in the trailer is a lot worse than just enjoying the fanservice in the trailer. This was uncalled for Biker19.

...And people wonder why more women don't join in on video game discussions.

You may notice a pattern in the avatars of this type of poster.

There does seem to be a subset of Smash fans who are really into... that sort of thing, doesn't there?

Just remember Kinsei, for every one of those comments, there's also one of these :
Really liked the reveal trailer except for the T&A intro.

Put me down as one who thinks it was unnecessary too :\

Put me down as one who thinks it was unnecessary too :\

Yeah same here. I think it could've been a lot worse (like having her watch the fight while lounging naked in a hot spring and show her getting out with strategic camera angles of course) But it's not too obnoxious and fits her character quite nicely.

Neiteio

Dark Pit would make a cool character, insofar as he could use some of the many, many, many weapons that were in Uprising but that aren't in Pit's Smash move-set.

If they animated him differently, gave him his unique voice and made sure the alternate colors for Pit and Dark Pit don't clash with each other, he could conceivably work.

Meier

Posting "I wanna fuck her" adds nothing to the discussion, and actively perpetuates the cycle of gaming being boys only.

Whoa, that seems like a little bit of a leap given the comments you quoted.

I think they had that little fanservice bit because it fit in with the anime vein they were running with. I don't really think there was anything more to it than that. I assume these unveilings won't appear in the game or anything.

Neiteio

Yeah, no one said "I wanna fuck her." Also, that's a rather crude way to interpret mild comments saying they find her (or anyone) to be attractive. Especially comments as mild as the ones here.

Again, there was a split-second in the trailer of her fully-clothed thigh and fully-clothed chest. I agree that women, on the whole, are depicted poorly in videogames. But this? This is nothing.

EDIT: OK, just saw ohlawd's comments, but that was made -after- the accusation, lol

Macka

The T&A was definitely unnecessary, but there were more than a few people ogling over Little Mac and Ike when they were announced as well.

Anyway, excited to try her!

Monocle

Hell yes! I can't quite get a read on Palutena's fighting style from the trailer, but if she plays as well as Zelda she'll probably be one of my mains.

Top Bottom