• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon ‘early access’ begins 18th March.

Dreavus

Definitely going with the most consumer friendly model when they could have easily gone with the LoL/HotS model. The free rotation thing honestly put me off of HotS after playing it for a while a few months back.

Hopefully they can be successful with it. They don't have an insane user generated market to fall back on like Dota 2 does.

garath

SO in order for me to keep my stuff I would have to pay for the starter pack they'll offer?

No. I don't think so. It sounds like they'll wipe after the alpha for early access then regardless of fouders pack, if you are able to play in early access you keep your stuff.

Got the email a few hours ago. But I'm not sure if I'm actually invited in the beta weekends or not.

Beta progress will be wiped though, so I won't invest so much time on it. I'll be there in open beta this summer.

CGwizz

Played this game last 2 weekends and card system is pure BS, people that have more cards simply have advantage, and 3 shoots people who only have the normal cards.

Totally unfair and bs this system.

Guymelef

Does it say if the Early Access progress carries into the main game? I can't check the links.
By buying a Founder’s Pack, you’ll be able to play early, get an awesome value on in-game content, and help shape the future of the game. Your progress will be real, meaning we will not wipe accounts after 18th March. If you’d rather wait, Paragon will be in free Open Beta during the summer.

Daedalux

Neo Member
Signed up for beta pretty early but never got the invite.. :(
I'm eager to try this game as I'm into mobas a lot.

Does anyone have an invite to spare (for PC)? I can trade you with one key for Paladins (Hi-Rez) if you want.

Cheers

They're going to do a dev livesteam on the 14th: https://www.reddit.com/r/paragon/comments/49udhi/early_access_developer_live_stream_march_14th_at/

Hey everyone,

The Paragon team will be hosting our first developer live stream on Monday, March 14th at 10:30am EST on Twitch. During the stream we’ll to chat about the Alpha Online Tests and what we’ve learned. We’re also going to talk about what Early Access means to the Paragon team and what players can expect during Early Access season.

We’re bringing out Anothernotch who is an awesome community member that attended our event at Epic HQ. We’re excited to have him out and discuss some of the things we talked about with the community at the event. Additionally, Anothernotch will be live streaming Paragon on his personal channel at the end of the stream when the NDA lifts at 12pm EST from Epic HQ.

The team is extremely excited for Early Access to begin on March 18th with Founder’s Packs going on sale March 14th (same day as the stream). If you’re interested in learning more please tune in to the stream on Monday at 10:30am EST. Exact details below:

What: Early Access Developer Live Stream
Where: Official Paragon Twitch Channel
When: March 14th, 2015 at 10:30am EST
Community Guest: Anothernotch
PLEASE NOTE: The Paragon NDA Lift is on Monday, March 14th at 12:00pm EST.

Daft Punk

Banned
Hmm. After leaving Dota 2 on PC and buying the Founder's Pack of Smite on PS4, this is going to have to be fresh to get me to jump over.

so our NDA is up now, and we've been given early access to early access.
If theres an impression thread put up later, ill post in more detail there, but tldr paragon is fucking awesome,the vertical gameplay feels so good, its still early days and theres loads of thing that need to be tweaked, but the core gameplay feels awesome.

So is gameplay as slow as I'm hearing?

They tweaked movement speeds in later patches, and it feels good now. Main pacing issue for me is the tankiness of minons at end game.

Been watching lirik play. This shit is awesome and I don't play mobas. Neither dies lirik anymore. He's fixing to play with some devs or cms.

Is this the main discussion thread? You guys need to come around. This game is hype.

Lockon

So is gameplay as slow as I'm hearing?

Yep very very slow. I played a couple matches and didn't touch it again.

I thought this game was going to be like fast action TPS, but didn't turn out what I was hoping for.

I thought the game was going to be similar with another TPS Moba: Cyphers Online which I have been playing for 3 years. Cyphers gameplay

Xater

Been watching lirik play. This shit is awesome and I don't play mobas. Neither dies lirik anymore. He's fixing to play with some devs or cms.

Is this the main discussion thread? You guys need to come around. This game is hype.

I enjoy MOBAS and like what I am seeing.

Been playing the game for awhile (got in the alpha a couple months ago) and the game is pretty good so far. The only thing I think they still need to work on is the movement and speed of the game. Feels a bit too slow at the moment.

Game looks fantastic graphics wise.

Mesoian

Well, if the NDA is up today...

Paragon is not a very good game and will likely not survive the great upcoming MOBA war of late 2016.

depward

Been watching streams and everything seems so SLOW.

Saw a couple of games close to an hour.

No come backs happening.

Not my cup. Will gladly TRY it but from what I'm seeing not loving it.

JambiBum

Well, if the NDA is up today...

Paragon is not a very good game and will likely not survive the great upcoming MOBA war of late 2016.

Contrary to this I think it's a great game and provides something fresh and different compared to the other MOBAs. It'll probably never get to Dota or LoL levels but it can easily find a place in the genre just like Smite did.

patchday

It's still under nda.

nda is up. EpicGames announced this in multiple places already (and confirmed again during the stream)

Played this game last 2 weekends and card system is pure BS, people that have more cards simply have advantage, and 3 shoots people who only have the normal cards.

Totally unfair and bs this system.

My worst fear right there. I hate runes in LoL for this reason. Hate to see a modern MOBA repeat.

It's for sure up. There's an announcement in game says it's up. There's devs playing with lirik on stream.

They said there are no more wipes.

Apparently there's less than 40,000 in the beta.

Pastry

Banned
Impressions are a bit of a downer, I guess I'll stick with Smite on PS4 until the open beta. I'm not sure I'd want to spend $20 to early access this.

Watching streams right now. Didn't know the game has no items and instead uses cards as runes. That doesn't sound very F2P to me.

Liking a few things that I see, but I am a bit skeptical about the balance.

JambiBum

Watching streams right now. Didn't know the game has no items and instead uses cards as runes. That doesn't sound very F2P to me.

Liking a few things that I see, but I am a bit skeptical about the balance.

It's super f2p considering you don't have to pay for heroes or cards. Cards are gained through player xp, using in game credits to buy packs, and hero mastery. You can't purchase anything with real currency that gives you packs. You can buy xp boosters and skins, so I guess you can consider the xp boosters a faster way to get cards, but other than that you can't buy them out right.

It's super f2p considering you don't have to pay for heroes or cards. Cards are gained through player xp, using in game credits to buy packs, and hero mastery. You can't purchase anything with real currency that gives you packs. You can buy xp boosters and skins, so I guess you can consider the xp boosters a faster way to get cards, but other than that you can't buy them out right.

Thanks for the explanation!

Pop

Been playing since the first alpha. I like it. Movement is a little slow.

Reminds me I need to play some today.

Watching this stream now and I don't understand how the items work

If you've played other MOBAs, think of the cards as the items that you spend gold on. In Paragon, you're able to customize your deck of cards, which you get from packs, so that in a match you know exactly what you have available for purchase at any time. Certain cards are for certain slots, some are augments, etc.

JambiBum

Watching this stream now and I don't understand how the items work

Items = cards in this game. Each hero starts with a starter deck and you earn card xp during the game from killing minions/heroes/towers and using harvesters. You use the points you get from that to purchase the cards from the deck you chose when you entered the game. Once you unlock cards through the methods I mentioned above you can start building your own decks to customize the way you build your heroes.

jdstorm

Banned
Sorry, but this is the way I see games:

Progression system + Boosts = Pay to win

I could be an outlier on this because I generally don't like any kind of progression system in a competitive multiplayer game.

I think it depends on the amount of time it takes to unlock a character fully without boosts. If it takes a short enough amount of time that unlocking everything feels fun and fair. ( probably no more then 4 hours per character for an averagely skilled player) and anything from instant to half the length a non player will have to wait I say it's no big deal.

However if gameplay essential items are locked behind RNG and you buy boosters to improve your odds. that's PAY TO wIn

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
If you've played other MOBAs, think of the cards as the items that you spend gold on. In Paragon, you're able to customize your deck of cards, which you get from packs, so that in a match you know exactly what you have available for purchase at any time. Certain cards are for certain slots, some are augments, etc.

Items = cards in this game. Each hero starts with a starter deck and you earn card xp during the game from killing minions/heroes/towers and using harvesters. You use the points you get from that to purchase the cards from the deck you chose when you entered the game. Once you unlock cards through the methods I mentioned above you can start building your own decks to customize the way you build your heroes.

thanks guys
is there an encyclopedia of sorts that I can go read all the cards?

Im loving the sound of this. I love Heroes of the Storm. The Dota community kept me away from that game. Just bought the founders pack. Also thinking about the Smite founders pack but $30 is steep.

sono

So I went to Epic games site and then clicked "Buy on PlayStaton Network" and it then says "Unable to find this page"

EU

Top Bottom