• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper Remastered |OT| The Notorious D.O.G.

Glix

thread title is great

would have also accepted either of these lines

t3y1pcg.jpg

Is that real? I'm so fucking triggered by the "your". WTF!!!!!

Camjo-Z

Is there a platinum? How are the classics on vita?

Yes, and they're fine on Vita.

I could be wrong, but PaRappa wasn't a big budget game to begin with. I didn't expect them to pull out all the stops, but redoing the cutscenes never felt like it was unreasonable, or off the table for that matter.

Like I said, it's a remaster and not a remake. I very much doubt the data for the cutscenes still exists so they'd be doing the entire thing from scratch, which was definitely not part of the budget for a glorified PSP port.

Deft Beck

I'm probably going to get this at some point, though, honestly, most of my nostalgia is on Um Jammer Lammy. Much, much better game.

Banned
I'm so glad that I'm not the only who is getting their ass kicked on the Chicken level. I did the first three songs on my first try thinking I was some pro at the game. Heh, this is what I get for being so cocky.

Camjo-Z

What did they end up doing with the cutscens? same as the demo?

Yep.

Sounds like a bad port.

I really hope Patapon isn't like this.

Not a bad port, just one that didn't fix any of the quirks the game always had. Patapon doesn't require any sort of strict timing so it's unlikely to have issues.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only who is getting their ass kicked on the Chicken level. I did the first three songs on my first try thinking I was some pro at the game. Heh, this is what I get for being so cocky.

The other day, you got a little cocky... but then a chicken schooled ya! Ya beef jocky!

That dynamic theme came when i bought the game on PSN for me.
It sucks btw.

Also, for cheep cheep. Just press slightly before the button. Worked for me.

I got this game thinking it would be an easy platinum. After failing Cheap Cheap for like a thousand times, I'm not too sure...

am i the only one not getting the
remix edtion
trophy to pop up?

i did them all via stage select and nothing happend. So i thought i had to do it by selecting stage 1 and conuing right til the end.

after doing the first level it popped. Dont know why that happend though lol.

ricelord

i did them all via stage select and nothing happend. So i thought i had to do it by selecting stage 1 and conuing right til the end.

after doing the first level it popped. Dont know why that happend though lol.

finally got the trophy, the same thing just happen to me after playing each level 6 times each.

CJY

Banned
Cheap cheap is impossible. Been trying it for 2 hours and can't get past

Edit: finally did it. Pro-tip: (as others said) don't trust what you see. Go with the rhythm/beat. Visual cue-wise; this game is broken.

Edit 2: passed next level on first try

Is there a difference between the Asian/English edition on Play Asia and the Japanese version shipping in Japan on the 20th? The box art is the same but I suspect the Japan version lacks English. I ask because Play-Asia is out of stock and AmazonJP isn't.

Dwayne

Is there a difference between the Asian/English edition on Play Asia and the Japanese version shipping in Japan on the 20th? The box art is the same but I suspect the Japan version lacks English. I ask because Play-Asia is out of stock and AmazonJP isn't.

Japanese version has English voices and Japanese text, while the Asian version is English voices and text.
https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/849178571750875136
HeavyArm looks like they have quite a few.

From what I was told, the Japanese one has English voices, but Japanese text.

Keep checking on play-Asia. Hopefully, they'll get another shipment (still waiting for mine to get shipped out...)

Japanese version has English voices and Japanese text, while the Asian version is English voices and text.
https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/849178571750875136
HeavyArm looks like they have quite a few.
Whoa, not familiar. They legit?
From what I was told, the Japanese one has English voices, but Japanese text.

Keep checking on play-Asia. Hopefully, they'll get another shipment (still waiting for mine to get shipped out...)
Thank you! Appreciate both responses.

Camjo-Z

So is this just a port of the PSP version with a higher resolution?

Pretty much. The only other differences are the negligible "see/feel the beat" features and the reinstatement of the frosty line that was previously censored in the PSP port, and of course the removal of the pointless multiplayer mode.

What's so good about this game?

It was one of the first rythm game on home console and it has a great atmosphere and cool songs....but the game itself is pretty barebone (I must admit it is nostalgia that makes me like Parappa, rather than its qualities...there are many better rythm games out nowadays)

I don't think I understand the timing in this game.

I've beaten the first three levels with "good" ratings, but the 4th level is destroying me and I don't understand the timing. I'll do lines that look and sound perfect and get it wrong, then I'll do lines that look and sounds completely off any the game says it was right. My TV is pretty low lag (33ms) so I don't think it's that.

What's the correct timing in this game relative to the note line? It seems like lining up your Parappa head cursor with the centre of a note is definitely wrong.

Camjo-Z

I don't think I understand the timing in this game.

I've beaten the first three levels with "good" ratings, but the 4th level is destroying me and I don't understand the timing. I'll do lines that look and sound perfect and get it wrong, then I'll do lines that look and sounds completely off any the game says it was right. My TV is pretty low lag (33ms) so I don't think it's that.

What's the correct timing in this game relative to the note line? It seems like lining up your Parappa head cursor with the centre of a note is definitely wrong.

For Cheep Cheep the best way I can describe it is that you need to press the buttons a split second before you think you should. I'm currently uploading a clip of me playing the level almost perfectly without freestyling so anyone having trouble can watch it and try to copy me.

Petrae

The Cheep Cheep level is clucking fowl.

I have no problem with it while playing the original on my CRT, but the Remastered version is just ass.

Sucks that there isn't a Calibration option.

krae_man

I got 90% through Cheap cheap yesterday then failed the last 2 verses miserably and failed. This is annoying and broken as fuck.

Finally beat Cheap Cheap

What a garbage level. Really wish they'd fix it

Brute forcing through sheer rhythmic nonsense

Beat the rest with no failures on first try. Stupid

Top Bottom