• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper told me to drop dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzer

Banned
t3y1pcg.jpg
Qft

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
all this over $100? sounds like Dred should get off Facebook and
cook
those
burgers

turn the
patty
over

rjinaz

What makes you think he's learnt anything from this situation? That you can take money from people and then get away with it because you view yourself as untouchable?

The amount is irrelevant, $100 is more than enough to kick up a fuss over.

I think the amount is relevant, in terms of how much people are ultimately going to care about the situation. If it was $10 dollars, do you think anybody would case as much as they do now because it's $100? If it was $10,000, do you think more people would care than they do now, or the same?

Of course it's enough to make a fuss over, it matters, somebody was stolen from, and in that, the amount is irrelevant. However in the reality of the whole situation, how much money does matter to people, even though it shouldn't.

You'd be surprised what people learn when they are caught in the act of doing something wrong or illegal and it's made public, I'd be surprised if he tries it again. At the same time, there is no way Dred Foxx backs down now and returns the money, he has dug himself in too deep, and unless he is summoned to court, he's not giving back the money IMO.

Hence why I think what has already been done is enough. It's just my personal opinion mind you.

I'm sure Dred Foxx would like to just drop the beef and give back the $100.

But, because he is a McDonalds employee, dropping the beef is strictly prohibited.

Because of this thread, I had a dream that Mark Cerny was on Jimmy Fallon last night and announced a new PaRappa game. Wasn't one rumored a few months ago, being done by the SoundShapes guys or something?

Camjo-Z

Because of this thread, I had a dream that Mark Cerny was on Jimmy Fallon last night and announced a new PaRappa game. Wasn't one rumored a few months ago, being done by the SoundShapes guys or something?

Yeah, although famousmortimer joined the thread and said he'd heard that a different indie dev would be doing it.

It came to me on the walk home, much soul-searching about whether I should share but screw it.

Hey, Dred:

This guy came to you, not out of college /

Hoping you might help him out with your priv'lege /

Not for personal gain, just for a fan thing /

Maybe he'd have got his name into the Flash ring /

You said no way, you've got to pay me for that /

For ten lines? He should've left it, no way you're worth that /

Hindsight's 20/20, so we'll give him a pass there /

Couldn't have known you're no substance, all iPad Air /

He gave you a job, but you flaked and you flamed him /

Let you stew for a while, didn't settle, who could blame him /

He turned to the mob but you quaked and you shamed him /

Now this a trial, you're a lesson, how it's not done /

Don't call him a fake fan - he was prob'ly your last one.

This is my life now. I've shared a battle rap on NeoGAF.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Screen+Shot+2013-12-02+at+8.25.57+AM.png

Sooo did the OP inspire PaRappa to start asking for donations from all fans?

Cause that FB post is all kinds of amazing. Cyberspace on the regular™.

It came to me on the walk home, much soul-searching about whether I should share but screw it.

Hey, Dred:

This guy came to you, not out of college /

Hoping you might help him out with your priv'lege /

Not for personal gain, just for a fan thing /

Maybe he'd have got his name into the Flash ring /

You said no way, you've got to pay me for that /

For ten lines? He should've left it, no way you're worth that /

Hindsight's 20/20, so we'll give him a pass there /

Couldn't have known you're no substance, all iPad Air /

He gave you a job, but you flaked and you flamed him /

Let you stew for a while, didn't settle, who could blame him /

He turned to the mob but you quaked and you shamed him /

Now this a trial, you're a lesson, how it's not done /

Don't call him a fake fan - he was prob'ly your last one.

This is my life now. I've shared a battle rap on NeoGAF.

* puts hand over mouth *

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh snap !

Firecrest

Dred just posted an update on the Parappa FB group:

"It means nothing to me...I'ts annoying but I could careless...all my "Real" FANmily, Imma see you on my new SELECTIVE page I'm setting up with my new adm's..Im deleting this one in a minute so we can keep it POSITIVE...Oh! Dont worry! I'm going on YouTube with my side of this petty buffoonery...I will also hit up my man Treezy @ junkie monkeys.com (always showed me love) and drop the truth. Also I am not accepting request at this time nor responding to questions or insults..no offense to the GOOD..Im FOCUSING. In the immortal words "I gotta believe!" That "1" (one) out of 500 + thousand FANS can't break the chain..DON'T give that "1" (one) the power..duece n heart."

So instead of owning up to his actions, he'll continue to dig deeper by exposing himself on Youtube. Oh man... this guy...

Oddduck

"It means nothing to me...I'ts annoying but I could careless...all my "Real" FANmily, Imma see you on my new SELECTIVE page I'm setting up with my new adm's..Im deleting this one in a minute so we can keep it POSITIVE...Oh! Dont worry! I'm going on YouTube with my side of this petty buffoonery...I will also hit up my man Treezy @ junkie monkeys.com (always showed me love) and drop the truth. Also I am not accepting request at this time nor responding to questions or insults..no offense to the GOOD..Im FOCUSING. In the immortal words "I gotta believe!" That "1" (one) out of 500 + thousand FANS can't break the chain..DON'T give that "1" (one) the power..duece n heart."

Hahaha, oh jeez.

Camjo-Z

Have you leaned nothing from this thread ? The video is never going to happen. He's a toothless poodle, all bark and no bite.

The man couldn't be bothered to record a 5-minute audio file for $100, I'll laugh if he bothers recording a 5-minute Youtube video for free.

I do like how he seems to find a way to reference Parappa in some way in nearly every post that he makes.

MrBadger

What's the name of that Simpsons episode when Homer opens a daycare centre, everyone thinks he's great, Bart and Lisa show everyone a video showing he's an asshole and he responds by running away with all his supporters, then crashing a van into Jail?

I do like how he seems to find a way to reference Parappa in some way in nearly every post that he makes.

Really highlights that he's a one hit wonder. "Hey guys remember that rapping dog I voiced?" It's pathetic.

MrBadger

I seriously don't get why this $100 is so precious to him and his ego. How many people are going to be added to this "exclusive" Parappa fan club?

His last post made me legit mad.

defandrew.gif

But seriously though, Animal Crossing Villager guy and the other guy should have known better than ask someone who probably has very specific contract restrictions to voice someone else's IP in a fan video, and especially should have known better than to send money to ANYONE by Western Union or MoneyGram (including people whose careers are ostensibly comprised of 3 video game voice tracks they did 15 years ago and a small handful of YouTube music videos), and Dred should have known better than to accept money for voicing someone else's IP in a fan video IF it was ever something that he was actually ever considering doing and to double down on not sending a refund when this was starting to become a PR problem for him. It is $100. Buy a couple copies of Um Jammer Lammy from Amazon for $8, sign them, sell them on eBay if you really need to.

All of this said, I'm never doing a business deal with the guy or sending him donations for an iPad, but this still has no effect on how much I want a Parappa 3, or Um Jammer Lammy 2 if they can get whatserface to take a break from Grey's Anatomy for a week (how's that for a contrast in careers?).

I seriously don't get why this $100 is so precious to him and his ego. How many people are going to be added to this "exclusive" Parappa fan club?

Nothing to do with the amount, these types will just deny and attempt to shift blame to the bitter end.
Reminds me of a 60 Minutes interview they did with John Gotti Jr- he was talking about his father, and stated 'if they accused him of stealing from the church, and he had the steeple sticking out of his ass, he'd still deny it' ...that's how these folks are.

Nothing to do with the amount, these types will just deny and attempt to shift blame to the bitter end.
Reminds me of a 60 Minutes interview they did with John Gotti Jr- he was talking about his father, and stated 'if they accused him of stealing from the church, and he had the steeple sticking out of his ass, he'd still deny it' ...that's how these folks are.

Exactly.

These kind of people will never admit when they're wrong no matter what. It could've been $10, it wouldn't matter.

Rahk

Can someone put together a 'Parappa The Thief' Gif going ?

Maybe include some rhymes from this thread, and some Dred quotes ?

Just a thought.
Just go all out and make it a fan flash animation... I can record the rhymes... Imma just need some funds to pay my computer partner to record on his computer system... So just send over $100 (or what's the maximum you can pay up? even $50-75 is cool too, that can get me some good shit)... & then we can negotiate how much more money I can get from you... If my agent finds out he gonna need his cut too... I'm trusting you!!... I rarely do that...cause I know there are scammers out there..."I gotta believe!"... If not 100 send 50-75 today & its done... My Paypal is broke for a minute so just send it through somewhere that is not disputable... My schedule is crazy for the next 10 years but I make time now...

Just go all out and make it a fan flash animation... I can record the rhymes... Imma just need some funds to pay my computer partner to record on his computer system... So just send over $100 (or what's the maximum you can pay up? even $50-75 is cool too, that can get me some good shit)... & then we can negotiate how much more money I can get from you... If my agent finds out he gonna need his cut too... I'm trusting you!!... I rarely do that...cause I know there are scammers out there..."I gotta believe!"... If not 100 send 50-75 today & its done... My Paypal is broke for a minute so just send it through somewhere that is not disputable... My schedule is crazy for the next 10 years but I make time now...

Sounds legit.

Would it cost extra to give me a personal shout out in the vid ? If it does I'll just give you the $50 you were asking for and then an extra $20 for the shout out. Is that cool ? So that's an even $70. If it's free, then I'll just give you the $75 you were asking for.

Ps. Thank you for trusting me to trust you with my money. There are so many scammers out there !

MrBadger

If he does make that 5 minute video, I'm taking a drink every time he says "I gotta believe" or some other Parappa thing to try and win over his fans.

Rahk

Sounds legit.

Would it cost extra to give me a personal shout out in the vid ? If it does I'll just give you the $50 you were asking for and then an extra $20 for the shout out. Is that cool ? So that's an even $70. If it's free, then I'll just give you the $75 you were asking for.

Ps. Thank you for trusting me to trust you with my money. There are so many scammers out there !
I'm gonna have to charge you at least $20 for a shout out cause that's gonna blow you up, so let's go with the $70.

Like I said, Imma a business man... "I gotta believe!"

But seriously though, Animal Crossing Villager guy and the other guy should have known better than
I did a lot of stupid things when I was 18-19. I can't fault them on their mistakes. I dunno how easy it is to know something's shady these days with access to the internet now. Maybe they SHOULD have known better? But I could easily see myself making mistakes like that when I was that young.

Rahk

I did a lot of stupid things when I was 18-19. I can't fault them on their mistakes. I dunno how easy it is to know something's shady these days with access to the internet now. Maybe they SHOULD have known better? But I could easily see myself making mistakes like that when I was that young.
Yeah, plus it would be hard for me to believe a (somewhat) public figure would forsake their reputation for $100, but here we are.

atr0cious

Yeah, plus it would be hard for me to believe a public figure would forsake their reputation for $100, but here we are.

If you don't think Parappa the Rappa is a straight gangsta who does what it takes to live on the streets, then I don't know what to tell you. Next thing you'll be saying Um Jammer Lammy isn't Sony's social commentary on kids being led astray by pop rock bands like No Doubt.

lol his occupation is vo artist at sce. parappa is as old as bieber. he's telling me that's been his job throughout these years? he's still harping about parappa? damn. move on, dude.

lol his occupation is vo artist at sce. parappa is as old as bieber. he's telling me that's been his job throughout these years? he's still harping about parappa? damn. move on, dude.

Is that what they call sporadic weeks-long vo projects over the last 18 years, an occupation? :p The guy doesn't even have internet in his house. I think we can all make some fairly accurate assumptions of how this guy really lives...

Also wanted to say thanks for posting this OP; I also got scammed/robbed of a similar amount not too long ago. Totally different scenario, but same end result of someone I thought could be trusted turning into a POS thief...as such, stories of people like this getting at the very least publicly called out brings a smile to my face, thanks!

The OP is a LOT more professional than Dred, and he's the one that lost $100 to the guy. Also being a college student, that $100 could've been used for so much more. Makes me respect the OP a lot more for keeping his cool.

Absolutely ^ Dred is at least twice the OP's age, and he's handled this like a child.

If this were a college student getting ripped off by some random guy on Craigslist, I'd say, "Dude it's your own damn fault. You should've known better. Get over it and move on". Whoever, this is completely different. I can't blame the OP at all for what happened. OP is a huge Parappa fan and he trusted the guy that does the voice of Parappa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom