• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
You mean me getting sick (probably because it's 71 degrees/22 Celsius) isn't fun? Thanks, I had no clue!
Don't die Yoshi
OGSSAA works flawlessly and i have 150fps+ most of the time on gtx 560, in 1920x1536@1280x1024 + 4xMSAA with post processing off [doesnt do much, except for bloom, but takes up to 20-30% fps]. Game supports MSAA up to 8.
My friend plays on 4570 i ts6600 2.2ghz d2c and some people here plays on HD4000 comfortably.
Game uses my GPU in almost 100%, so my fan gets really loud, but i'll see if limiting fps to 60 will help in Open Beta ;p [i havent tested this yet]
Sounds promising. Ran ok before.
Haven't dropped by in a while.

That's going to suck for us, players, story-wise hahaha

I doubt it would be one long story. If anything I could see it being something like the first four acts being a story and then the next three acts being like an expansion and then again for the last three.

It'd be weird if they actually did one story over 10 years with no real conclusions in between.

I finally got a chance to read the patch notes. I don't even know that much about the game, but I still read every word. I like the idea of Chaos and it's resistance being rare and not included in all resist.

syko de4d

UPDATE: Due to extensive feedback in this thread, we have changed the implementation so that effects can be reclaimed at no cost. Microtransaction effects can be freely moved between items. This will affect their initial pricing somewhat, but we'll investigate adding cheaper one-use "demo" versions of them in the near future.

Nice :)

Now i can buy an effect with lvl 1 and must not wait untill i get a weapon i will not replace after some hours/days.

Nice :)

Now i can buy an effect with lvl 1 and must not wait untill i get a weapon i will not replace after some hours/days.

Nice, I thought that was kind of odd. They should add some kind of small Skin/Effect sockets in the future so they act sort of as gems. I'd gladly pay more if they were used like that.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
You can currently play up to Act 3 but there is one more planned Act that will tie up the story. They still plan on adding acts in the future after this.

It will be like diablo 2. Act 3 is essentially act 4 of diablo. It is complete. But at the same time they can add other acts.

OGSSAA works flawlessly and i have 150fps+ most of the time on gtx 560, in 1920x1536@1280x1024 + 4xMSAA with post processing off [doesnt do much, except for bloom, but takes up to 20-30% fps]. Game supports MSAA up to 8.
My friend plays on 4570 i ts6600 2.2ghz d2c and some people here plays on HD4000 comfortably.
Game uses my GPU in almost 100%, so my fan gets really loud, but i'll see if limiting fps to 60 will help in Open Beta ;p [i havent tested this yet]

About gameplay, it has 3 acts and 3 difficulties. Normal playthrough should take up to 8-10h to finish for new a player. After 3 difficulties You can play on end-game map system, so random generated zones with different npcs and set of rules that You can customize to make it harder but also more rewarding in terms of loot. Look up first post for more details.

The game will always be evolving. I read somewhere GGG plans on doing like 10 acts over 10 years.

Much obliged!

TGMIII

Is loot in mp shared or is it like D3?

Shared loot but items like rare items and currency items have a short timer that only allows one player to pick the item up. If it isn't picked up by the player within the time limit then it's free-for-all.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
It's timed. It's yours for a few seconds(not sure the exact time but the farther away you are the longer time you have) then after the time it get's shared.

Wow, I didn't know that, but I really think that's a great way to handle it. Pretty slick.

syko de4d

Wow, I didn't know that, but I really think that's a great way to handle it. Pretty slick.

yeahe, but there is one problem with the loot in groups...

there is way too much loot on the screen in Partys (sometimes even when playing solo)

I wish PoE would have a good Item Filter Option :/

yeahe, but there is one problem with the loot in groups...

there is way too much loot on the screen in Partys (sometimes even when playing solo)

I wish PoE would have a good Item Filter Option :/

They have a feature in the UI to not show White items.

I like the amount of loot. With how the currency works it leaves enough items to be there if you need it. But from time to time that Don't Show White items option is great.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Feel a lot better now. Gonna go get some sleep so that I'm fully refreshed and ready to go at 10PM.

syko de4d

They have a feature in the UI to not show White items.

I like the amount of loot. With how the currency works it leaves enough items to be there if you need it. But from time to time that Don't Show White items option is great.

the problem is white items can worth alot so it is stupid to use this filter

We need other filters :/

To not fuck up yourself. Because white items remain to be valuable all the way down to the endgame. Once you find a white with the perfect gem sockets and links, BAM. Your life in POE just changes.

I still say that's no reason to take out the option. If someone screws theirselves over, let them.

KKRT00

They're removing this feature.

From menu, yes, but You can still activate it via ini file.

Damn, what would be the reason for this?

Too many people had it on and they have not picked up valuable items, because of that. Basically, because people are stupid :p
You must look up on forums, how to access that ini, because i dont see it in my client, so You probably has to create it manually.

Ps. Isnt that strange how many beta keys appeared in last 48h on GAF? :>

syko de4d

will we have an extra Trade Thread for PoE on Neogaf? Maybe in the Community Area?

In this thread wo could make a list of Neogaf Players too, with ingame Name and Country etc.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Question: How difficult is this game for a relative newcomer to PC gaming? I've never played a real Diablo-esque game aside from Dungeon Siege III (which I enjoyed although it was rather sparse) and Diablo 3 (which I didn't enjoy).

I'm a comfy-couch gamer. Is the mouse/keyboard use overly complex or is it pretty streamlined ala Diablo 3?

Also, best rough build for a newbie?

I played a few hours of CB and haven't really sunk my teeth into this passive skill forest. Should I just assume that I am going to royally fuck up my first couple of characters?

Question: How difficult is this game for a relative newcomer to PC gaming? I've never played a real Diablo-esque game aside from Dungeon Siege III (which I enjoyed although it was rather sparse) and Diablo 3 (which I didn't enjoy).

I'm a comfy-couch gamer. Is the mouse/keyboard use overly complex or is it pretty streamlined ala Diablo 3?

Also, best rough build for a newbie?

It's not easy in the way of action rpg's, but if you just play for a while you'll figure out the basics, and you can always come here or go to pathofexile.com and use the forum search function if you're unsure of anything.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Your body signals you to stop bullshitting it. Treat it with respect, yo. A gamer operates way more sharply when the body is content. Teenagers... :p
Bro :/ I haven't even started doing anything, how could my body give me signals :lol? It's -22 Celsius and I've been outside for hours the past couple of days. That's where this sickness came from.

syko de4d

One thing I have been clueless on is the Races. How exactly do you get in them?

just create a new Char some minutes before the Race starts and choose the race under here:

j3jZGZK.jpg

*super paint skills :lol

V_Arnold

Bro :/ I haven't even started doing anything, how could my body give me signals :lol? It's -22 Celsius and I've been outside for hours the past couple of days. That's where this sickness came from.

Okay, you can have this ONE time where I do not scold you for it :D
Drink some warm tea and sleep before you start the marathon, and you should be fine then.

just create a new Char some minutes before the Race starts and choose the race under here:

*super paint skills :lol

Ohhh, Ok. So that's what the Private League is? Guess I'll have to check that out.

I only had a limited time with the CB. Damn I am getting pretty excited for later. Easily convinced a couple friends to check it out as well.

Yoshichan

Okay, you can have this ONE time where I do not scold you for it :D
Drink some warm tea and sleep before you start the marathon, and you should be fine then.
Will do ♥! Thanks bud :3

syko de4d

Ohhh, Ok. So that's what the Private League is? Guess I'll have to check that out.

I only had a limited time with the CB. Damn I am getting pretty excited for later. Easily convinced a couple friends to check it out as well.

is not the private league, there will be a new league you can choose when a race starts. When a 1 week HC League starts there will be e.g. a new League to choose with a name like "One Week HC Race".
And in this league u create a char 5-10minutes before the race starts and your char can´t move until the race starts

is not the private league, there will be a new league you can choose when a race starts. When a 1 week HC League starts there will be e.g. a new League to choose with a name like "One Week HC Race".
And in this league u create a char 5-10minutes before the race starts and your char can´t move until the race starts

Oh, that makes more sense. I was confused by the private one being highlighted. :lol

why you skill the weapon elemental damage, melee damage etc. in the middle when you can skill the better ones in the templer area?

And why you don´t skill the 1,5% life reg/sec Nodes? 2 Points in these and 3% more life reg.

And which skills you want to use? Why Iron Grip?

Lightning strike?

I would do something like this, you can add damage later on or go for even more regen.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
why you skill the weapon elemental damage, melee damage etc. in the middle when you can skill the better ones in the templer area?

And why you don´t skill the 1,5% life reg/sec Nodes? 2 Points in these and 3% more life reg.

And which skills you want to use? Why Iron Grip?

i didnt even see the elemental dmg ones in the templer area lol
groundslam (does this get affected ? / lightning strike for iron grip.

Top Bottom