• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile (F2P Loot Hack 'n Slash) Open beta later this year

eek5

Press Shift+LMB on item you want to sell.

mind.gif

Now make it work for the stash

I thought Merveil and the Necros were bad, but I ran into my first boss that used "Flicker Strike".

Yea umm what the fuck?

As a (bow focused) ranger, you're fucked. There is literally nothing you can do against mobs that use Flicker Strike except put your back into a wall and pound on the potion keys. Ugh.

You don't really have to back up. Just don't move so they stop flicker striking and pound potions. Usually they won't keep flickering unless one of the group flickers and pushes another one off you and that one flickers. It's pretty dumb overall though.

Razorwind

Finished the normal difficulty....last few stages are even tougher nuts to crack.

So far it has been really fun, more than D3 for me since it is rather difficult. Can't gauge how D3 will do in the full version (2 more dayssss!!!!)

Most comments off the global chat revolved around "why i didnt know about this earlier" and some pet peeves here and there. Such as no trade windows, social system is a bit wonky, global chat being annoying as hell, no full respecs (given its closed beta, people shd be given the choice to try)

Hats off to the developers (i think) such as Jess_ggg who will always drop in to answer questions about the game, and get feedback.

I know it won't do too well against D3 and GW2's marketing steamrollers, and that hurts my heart.

I'm almost through Normal Difficulty on Hardcore with my tanky Marauder. Such an intense game. I brought a level 17 friend along into a level 19 dungeon when I was 24. He died to the teleporting spiders :(

Decided to side with the bandit that gives permanent resistance bonuses. I guess you could have killed all of them and sided with the encampment? What reward does that yield?

KKRT00

Decided to side with the bandit that gives permanent resistance bonuses. I guess you could have killed all of them and sided with the encampment? What reward does that yield?

Deal with the Bandits :
------------------------
There are 3 different bandit leaders which you can either side with or kill in order to get different rewards.

Kraityn : Located in Broken Bridge (entrance located in Old Fields -> Crossroads -> Broken Bridge)

Reward for siding with him is a permanent increase of +8 to all resists (excluding chaos resistance)

Alira : Located in Alira's Camp (entrance located in River Crossings -> Dark Forest -> Alira's Camp).

Probably the most difficult of the three bandit leaders due to her ability to summon zombies as well as her ability to use Corpse Explosion, reward for siding with her is a permanent increase of 30 Mana.

Oak : Located in Pools & Streams (entrance located in River Crossings -> Vaal Ruins LvL-1 -> Vaal Ruins LvL-2 -> Pools & Streams).

*Note that access to Vaal Ruins require completion of 'The Weaver's Needle' and 'Delving into Sin' side quests.

Reward for siding with him is a permanent increase of 45 Life

And finally you can choose not to side with any of the bandit leaders and simply kill each of them ; If you choose to do so, simply turn-in the 3 amulets pieces to Eramir in the Forest Encampment.

Reward for killing the three bandit leaders is a free skill point.

I played pretty much all day yesterday and made it to level 24 as a Marauder. I really think this game isn't getting the appreciation it deserves. I really enjoyed it. At level 24 I was finally getting some points into focusing only on two handed swords. I really felt like a beast.

My complaints:
Finding new skills - Since skills come in the form of slotting gems, it comes down to luck and ALREADY KNOWING what skills you need. I really really don't know what I'd have done if I didn't pick up the Heavy Strike skill gem... Not having that single skill wouldve made my experience much less enjoyable. Same goes for the Leap Slam skill gem. And the fact that knowing that those skill gems even exist was just luck for me.
The money system - It's confusing. However I'm sure over time I'd get used to it. Some sort of introduction into how "money" works would've been nice.
The gems system - Once again, this is something that begins to make sense over time, but some introduction needs to be in place. I never could figure out how the support gems are supposed to work.

Actually I'm going to stop there on complaints because every other complaint I had just boiled down to didn't understand it or it wasn't explained how it worked. That goes for the money, gems, enchanting (especially on things like health flasks), and item value.

Things I really liked:
Visuals - Damn this is a pretty game. Other games could take some notes.
Health flasks - Nice mechanic. It gives all of the non stop action of the health globes in D3, but without the silly health globes. Also the ability to enchant the flasks for bonus' is awesome. I had a sweet giant health flask that healed super fast and made me run faster while it healed... saved my butt.

All in all, a very fun game. And after I tire of my D3 binge, I might pony up the $10 for beta access.... and even if I don't do that I will for sure put some time in the full game.

KKRT00

The money system - It's confusing. However I'm sure over time I'd get used to it. Some sort of introduction into how "money" works would've been nice.
The gems system - Once again, this is something that begins to make sense over time, but some introduction needs to be in place. I never could figure out how the support gems are supposed to work.

Skills and supports
http://www.pathofexile.com/skills/

Currency
http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/currency

They said that they will add tutorials etc before release.

Raxum

So I've been trying out a few different builds and so far I've noticed that traps and totems are nowhere near viable by themselves, they seem to be better as a supplement to a spellcaster/bow ranger.

Traps by themselves don't have enough damage towards the later game as they scale off spell damage which there doesn't seem to be enough of around the Shadow or any dex character to make it viable. The few traps there are in the early stages don't make it easy for you to survive things like necromancers or flicker strike enemies. Bear trap is great against single enemies, and fire trap is okay against groups, but until you get some better utility things like the trap support gems and turn ice wall into a trap, it is nearly impossible to rely on just traps.

Totems, well I only really included them because I have 5 characters up to the second act and 1 character a fair way into the second difficulty and I've only really seen decoy totem. And decoy totem by itself can't really tank for you either, it more seems to be a distraction so you can get out of a group of enemies, or pick a few off without taking massive amounts of damage. I guess I need to work on getting a few more totem gems and maybe the totem support gems to see how it works, but that would mean totems aren't viable until around the second difficulty, or until you have a rather high level farm-able character.

eek5

So I've been trying out a few different builds and so far I've noticed that traps and totems are nowhere near viable by themselves, they seem to be better as a supplement to a spellcaster/bow ranger.

Traps by themselves don't have enough damage towards the later game as they scale off spell damage which there doesn't seem to be enough of around the Shadow or any dex character to make it viable. The few traps there are in the early stages don't make it easy for you to survive things like necromancers or flicker strike enemies. Bear trap is great against single enemies, and fire trap is okay against groups, but until you get some better utility things like the trap support gems and turn ice wall into a trap, it is nearly impossible to rely on just traps.

Totems, well I only really included them because I have 5 characters up to the second act and 1 character a fair way into the second difficulty and I've only really seen decoy totem. And decoy totem by itself can't really tank for you either, it more seems to be a distraction so you can get out of a group of enemies, or pick a few off without taking massive amounts of damage. I guess I need to work on getting a few more totem gems and maybe the totem support gems to see how it works, but that would mean totems aren't viable until around the second difficulty, or until you have a rather high level farm-able character.

I agree with you. I'm playing shadow right now and it sort of stalls out midway through the 2nd difficulty. The fire trap just doesn't scale well enough. I had to go for detonate dead instead of the knives skill so I could kill necromancers (again, it's stupid that I'm basically FORCED to get this skill) so I have no AoE skills other than fire trap. Most of my gameplay revolves around putting up a decoy tottetm then throwing fire traps on it and running. Rinse and repeat.

I haven't seen another totem either. I'm guessing it is a rare drop which is stupid because the entire shadow class revolves around it..?

Another thing: the decoy totem is strength. Shadow has no easy to get to strength nodes (huge oversight?). The only way to pick up strength in abundance is to travel 6 skill points towards the middle. Dual strike also requires strength. It seems terribly unbalanced right now. I know shadow is dex/int but all the other classes can easily pick up 30-50 off-character attributes without having to go out of their way to get it.

My complaints:
Finding new skills - Since skills come in the form of slotting gems, it comes down to luck and ALREADY KNOWING what skills you need. I really really don't know what I'd have done if I didn't pick up the Heavy Strike skill gem... Not having that single skill wouldve made my experience much less enjoyable. Same goes for the Leap Slam skill gem. And the fact that knowing that those skill gems even exist was just luck for me.
This is probably my worst gripe with the game. Things that are necessary for your character development are locked behind RNG drops.

1 Exalted = 2 divine, 8 gcp, 8 regal
1 Divine = 4 gcp, 4 regal, 14 chaos
1 GCP = 1 regal, 3 regret, 3.5 chaos, 6 scouring, 7 alcy, 8 fusing, 32 jewelers, 60 alterations

It's something like that right now. Yeah, it's pretty confusing for new players. I'm actually not convinced that I like it. As a currency it is OK but as crafting items, it doesn't make sense to use your crafting orbs on anything less than max level items. An alchemy orb on a level 60 item is the same as an alchemy orb on a level 1 item but using it on a level 1 item is a massive waste of resources. It's a system that encourages you to just hoard your currency until "end game" instead of actually enjoying it along the way which seems backwards to me.

Raxum

I agree with you. I'm playing shadow right now and it sort of stalls out midway through the 2nd difficulty. The fire trap just doesn't scale well enough. I had to go for detonate dead instead of the knives skill so I could kill necromancers (again, it's stupid that I'm basically FORCED to get this skill) so I have no AoE skills other than fire trap. Most of my gameplay revolves around putting up a decoy tottetm then throwing fire traps on it and running. Rinse and repeat.

I haven't seen another totem either. I'm guessing it is a rare drop which is stupid because the entire shadow class revolves around it..?

Another thing: the decoy totem is strength. Shadow has no easy to get to strength nodes (huge oversight?). The only way to pick up strength in abundance is to travel 6 skill points towards the middle. Dual strike also requires strength. It seems terribly unbalanced right now. I know shadow is dex/int but all the other classes can easily pick up 30-50 off-character attributes without having to go out of their way to get it.

Personally I haven't been using totems on my Shadow, I was trying to go pure trap shadow and made a templar that I was going to try and go totems on. I ended up having to take the templar into a lot of spellcasting stuff and mana regen so I could spam decoy totem and AoE the mobs down around the totem. Somewhat effective but also kind of defeats the purpose of what I was trying to do.

I've now made 2 shadows, 1 was my attempt at pure traps which failed, my other is an attempt at a claw/dagger crit build. So far this build is working out amazingly, claws have some amazing passives around the shadow, and the 2% mana leech nearby along with flicker strike makes your dps consistency go through the roof. The crit/flicker strike build is possibly my favourite build so far, and the one I've gotten to the second difficulty. Merveil was still FAR too hard on this character as you really require nearly 100% cold resist to fight the first section of her.

I also agree with the stupid method of obtaining skill gems, I find that far too often I'm getting skill gems I don't care about as quest rewards, or nearly being forced to get doubles of skills as the selections are quite crappy. I'm beginning to think they should shake up the way skill gems are obtained, even if it's a guaranteed skill gem drop from rare/unique enemies, and the ability to trade in 5 skill gems for a skill gem of higher quality or a selection of another skill gem of the same type. Even a skill gem vendor would be welcome, I'd happily spend a little bit of the currency to get the skills I want rather than just having to deal until I get lucky.

Edit: Apologies for the extremely long post, but I've also just had an idea for the skill gems that I'm considering putting in the suggestion forum. One of the spare NPCs in town could become a skill gem vendor, who would sell skill gems on the same random style as the current vendors sell gear (around your level, varying qualities, etc).

Instead of figuring out current prices based on currency that exists, create a skill gem token currency, that would drop off of rare/unique enemies at a rate of 0-2 tokens per person in the party, and then charge a certain amount of tokens per gem based on gem level and support/skill, etc. Thoughts for this?

eek5

Instead of figuring out current prices based on currency that exists, create a skill gem token currency, that would drop off of rare/unique enemies at a rate of 0-2 tokens per person in the party, and then charge a certain amount of tokens per gem based on gem level and support/skill, etc. Thoughts for this?

Skill fragments would be a smart way to go about it. Let them stack to 100 and charge fusings + fragments to combine them or something. You could sell unwanted gems for fragments, upgrade quality of your gems with fragments + gem + some orb or something.

KKRT00

All gems problems are only problem for first chars and there is no proper trading yet. I know that after playing for a while i had so many skills, that they stuffed my stash quite hard.

But i agree that its quite annoying at the beginning.

Classed based trainers with skills gems for sell would be great addition.

Raxum

So I've got a spare beta key from the supporter program that was supposed to go to a friend, but they don't need it anymore, So I figured I'd give it out here on the forums now because people who played on the OBW will have a better idea of if they want to keep playing, so I guess first person to ask for it gets it.

Also, I'd personally like to get a bit of a GAF community going for this game if we could, even if it's just adding people as friends on the game for the moment so that we can group up at a later date. Maybe make a guild/clan when they release that for the game, speaking of which anyone heard any news about that? And does anyone know if the person you're adding to friends has to be online for it to work?

So I've got a spare beta key from the supporter program that was supposed to go to a friend, but they don't need it anymore, So I figured I'd give it out here on the forums now because people who played on the OBW will have a better idea of if they want to keep playing, so I guess first person to ask for it gets it.

Also, I'd personally like to get a bit of a GAF community going for this game if we could, even if it's just adding people as friends on the game for the moment so that we can group up at a later date. Maybe make a guild/clan when they release that for the game, speaking of which anyone heard any news about that? And does anyone know if the person you're adding to friends has to be online for it to work?

I'll take that beta key Raxum? If still up for grabs of course.

Actually, nevermind sorry! Housemates and I have just decided to jump on board the Diablo 3 train...

Raxum

I'll take that beta key Raxum? If still up for grabs of course.

Actually, nevermind sorry! Housemates and I have just decided to jump on board the Diablo 3 train...

Ah damn, you edited that just as I sent it to you in a PM. Feel free to still use it of course.

Edit: Okay, pock3tmonster has told me to give the key to someone else, so the key is still up for grabs.

Vasili2K38

Ah damn, you edited that just as I sent it to you in a PM. Feel free to still use it of course.

Edit: Okay, pock3tmonster has told me to give the key to someone else, so the key is still up for grabs.

I played a bit the open beta weekend, and I enjoyed the game a lot. I would like to try it more, so if you have a beta key, I'll love it :D.

Raxum

I think I finally found the totem you need to make a totem build work. You kind of have to go spellcaster as well, but the shockwave totem with any and all extra damages added to it makes for a ridiculous AoE that kills off most normal enemies easily by itself. Not so much with rares, thus the need for extra spellcasting.

Damn these abilities being behind the RNG, even as quest rewards it seems to be random what you actually get.

syko de4d

0.9.10 news

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/33360/page/1

The 0.9.10 patch is almost ready, and contains (among dozens of other changes) the following major features:

At least five new player-designed Unique items.
Increased the difficulty of Cruel, Ruthless and Merciless by adjusting monster damage and pack sizes.

If you want to compare an item to one you have equipped, press Alt while hovering over the item and it will display your equipped one for comparison.

You can now make your party public by giving it a name on the party screen. Players can browse public parties associated with a town by clicking the Notice Board in town or by using the social screen. For example, if you need help with Merveil, you might name your party "Help with Merveil". Players then see it on the list and join it to help you out. You can make it private again or rename it if your situation changes.

Short-duration timed loot allocation (see this old thread for our thoughts on it). In multiplayer instances, certain items (magic, rare, unique, currency and gems) are now allocated to a random nearby player for a short duration, during which time only that player may pick them up. This duration is increased by the time it would take the player to run to the item. Note that the allocation time is short enough that players must still pay close attention to what items drop in combat and to take them immediately if they want them.

more infos can be found in the link

KKRT00

There is also some info about 0.9.11 patch :)

It's (tentatively) looking like the 0.9.11 patch will contain the Act Two Boss and our new end-game. More information will be available once that is closer to release.

spirity

Well, my Diablo enthusiasm is waning. The loot in that game is pretty boring tbh, not many interesting modifications or bonuses on items until you get to Inferno, and even then its still a bit meh. Torchlight 2 by contrast is looking a lot more fun and exciting, I saw some pretty cool stuff during the beta. Evolving weapons was one that caught my eye for example, kill X mob type 20 times and the weapon gains extra stats.

How is PoE in that regard? Has anyone came across some fun stuff?

KKRT00

Well, my Diablo enthusiasm is waning. The loot in that game is pretty boring tbh, not many interesting modifications or bonuses on items until you get to Inferno, and even then its still a bit meh. Torchlight 2 by contrast is looking a lot more fun and exciting, I saw some pretty cool stuff during the beta. Evolving weapons was one that caught my eye for example, kill X mob type 20 times and the weapon gains extra stats.

How is PoE in that regard? Has anyone came across some fun stuff?

In terms of item preffixes, You have +skill level bonuses on items, like for example '+level of fire gems bonus' or '+level of minions gem', but they dont really need much bonuses on items for skillss, because they have Support Gems that enhance skills
http://www.pathofexile.com/skills/supportgems

You can also convert skills into Totem, Traps or Mines with support gems
http://www.pathofexile.com/skills/remoteskills

And those arent all effects they will include in the game. They are working constantly on new support gems and skills.

syko de4d

and when it comes to loot...

Unqiues are really have Unqiue Mods, not like d3 where u maybe find a mod on a item which is not normal for an item like that and thats all. There are mods u will not find on any rare item.

U need Specific weapons for specific classes and skills

U need Specific mods on Items, Attack speed only works for attacks, for Spells u need Casting speed. U really want e.g. Ice Damage on ur Weapon and not fire damage etc. etc... In Diablo 3 nearly everything works for every Class and i don´t care if i have +400 Ice, Arcane or Fire damage on my weapon...

U need good Sockets on ur Items, only with them u can use many strong spells ;)

The Crafting system really works and helps against the inflation. U have no Gold, u have different Orbs which have different Abillitys to create new items or whatever. Only Orbs which people really use are worth sth. and why they use them we will never see billions of this orbs in the economy.

syko de4d

Bought and downloading now :)

nice...

here are some PoE News:

PoE said:
We expect that Path of Exile will enter Open Beta in mid-August. At that point our final character wipe will occur and the game will be permanently available for everyone to play.

Once we enter Open Beta, we will stop selling the current set of Supporter Packs and will instead offer other options for purchasing micro-transaction credit. If you want to buy a Kiwi pet, you will need to do so while Path of Exile is still in Closed Beta.

Many people who have supported Path of Exile financially will receive physical goods posted to them (such as t-shirts, posters, copies of the game and soundtrack). We are about to start preparing these and we expect that they will be printed and posted before August.

A few months ago, we stated that we hoped to enter Open Beta in June. Some of the crucial features that we must enter Open Beta with are not yet finished, so we will delay the Open Beta until they are. As mentioned above, we expect that this will be mid-August. While we strongly believe that this estimate is accurate, we will update it over time if work progresses ahead or behind of schedule.

One of the advantages of not having a publisher is that we are able to create our own deadlines without being forced to open up the game to the public in an unfinished state. While I am sure that many of our patient fans are disappointed by this announcement, please rest assured that the game is almost done - lucky testers (and our generous supporters) have been playing the Closed Beta for ten months and can hopefully attest to our high quality standards.

Here's the plan for the last remaining patches before Open Beta. The patches will take approximately three weeks each, and will be available to Alpha testers a week before they are deployed to the Beta realm.

0.9.10: Will be deployed Tuesday, June 5. I've discussed its contents here.

0.9.11: Among other changes, this patch will enable the new end-game (which we have been hinting at for a while) and the Act Two final boss. It will include the ability to swap between weapon sets.

0.9.12: This patch will fix most of the issues with Minions. It will also introduce PvP arenas and the ability to challenge other players to duel. We expect to improve the Brutus fight in this patch as well.

0.9.13: A secure trade screen and substantial update to server stability and capacity is scheduled for this patch.

0.10.0: The official Open Beta release, which we expect will be deployed a week or so after 0.9.13. It will have Act Three enabled, voice acting for most of the NPCs and characters, as well as a range of cosmetic micro-transactions to purchase.

There are hundreds of minor bug fixes and small features such as additional skill gems and monsters scheduled during the above timeline as well, but they are too small to individually list here.

While the Closed Beta has expanded in features and some content in the last year, most of our artists have been working on Act Three. Here's a teaser of some of their recent work.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/34106

Thats what we get with 0.9.10

PoE said:
The 0.9.10 patch is almost ready, and contains (among dozens of other changes) the following major features:

At least five new player-designed Unique items.

Increased the difficulty of Cruel, Ruthless and Merciless by adjusting monster damage and pack sizes.
If you want to compare an item to one you have equipped, press Alt while hovering over the item and it will display your equipped one for comparison.

You can now make your party public by giving it a name on the party screen. Players can browse public parties associated with a town by clicking the Notice Board in town or by using the social screen. For example, if you need help with Merveil, you might name your party "Help with Merveil". Players then see it on the list and join it to help you out. You can make it private again or rename it if your situation changes.

Short-duration timed loot allocation (see this old thread for our thoughts on it). In multiplayer instances, certain items (magic, rare, unique, currency and gems) are now allocated to a random nearby player for a short duration, during which time only that player may pick them up. This duration is increased by the time it would take the player to run to the item. Note that the allocation time is short enough that players must still pay close attention to what items drop in combat and to take them immediately if they want them.

Here u can see the Notice Board
Poe said:

syko de4d

A teaser for 0.9.11

CartographersChiselTeaser.jpg

The pic is the only Info about "Maps", we will see more in one week but right now there is only speculation.

Maybe it´s like the Maps in Torchlight or Mythos, we will see.

Raxum

A teaser for 0.9.11

The pic is the only Info about "Maps", we will see more in one week but right now there is only speculation.

Maybe it´s like the Maps in Torchlight or Mythos, we will see.

Interesting, I wonder if it will affect the maps the instances are created from or something. Possibly give better loot drops or harder enemies on that map area? Either that or an item called a map.

Also what's that stone thing in the bottom left of his inventory next to the ring? I don't believe I've seen that before.

syko de4d

Interesting, I wonder if it will affect the maps the instances are created from or something. Possibly give better loot drops or harder enemies on that map area? Either that or an item called a map.

Also what's that stone thing in the bottom left of his inventory next to the ring? I don't believe I've seen that before.

u mean this?
mapcb.jpg

yes this could be "a map"

the best i read from a Developer of PoE today was:

GGG said:
We actually do plan to take away some small amount of time at the end (and the beginning) of animations to make them appear smoother when chained together. This will indeed remove the "stop" between animations where the movement slows down at the end of an attack, and winds up at the start of the next. Combined with some more long term idle pose changes (making them more aggressive), and overall improved animations I am sure PoE combat will be up there!

Right now thats the biggest Problem with PoE, good to hear that GGG wants to work on it

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK, I have to ask this...

I loved Diablo, D2:LoD, and Titan Quest. Torchlight and Fate (+expansions) were OK, and Sacred 2 was enjoyable.

D3 is...Still not clicking with me.

Is PoE the next D2:LoD? I want to buy into this (if I still can) via donation, but I'd really love to know how it fairs.

KKRT00

OK, I have to ask this...

I loved Diablo, D2:LoD, and Titan Quest. Torchlight and Fate (+expansions) were OK, and Sacred 2 was enjoyable.

D3 is...Still not clicking with me.

Is PoE the next D2:LoD? I want to buy into this (if I still can) via donation, but I'd really love to know how it fairs.

Its still in beta, but its definitely awesome. Its worth 10$, but You can easily wait that 6-9 weeks for open beta and play for free. Or wait for Open Weekend, but dunno it they will do it again, if open beta is so close.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Its still in beta, but its definitely awesome. Its worth 10$, but You can easily wait that 6-9 weeks for open beta and play for free. Or wait for Open Weekend, but dunno it they will do it again, if open beta is so close.

It seems affordable enough to give it a shot. It can't be any worse than D3, haha.

Do characters carry over to retail from beta? And can you redistribute skill and stat points?

KKRT00

It seems affordable enough to give it a shot. It can't be any worse than D3, haha.

Do characters carry over to retail from beta? And can you redistribute skill and stat points?

There will be wipe before open beta and after open beta they said they wont be wiping again.

You can redistribute some passive skill points. There are orbs [drop item] that allow You to redistribute one point and You get some rollback points from completing quests, but it will allow only for minor change in build, not complete overhaul.
So its basically new build = new char.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There will be wipe before open beta and after open beta they said they wont be wiping again.

You can redistribute some passive skill points. There are orbs [drop item] that allow You to redistribute one point and You get some rollback points from completing quests, but it will allow only for minor change in build, not complete overhaul.
So its basically new build = new char.

Fair enough. If you use the points you get for pre-purchase to buy a new character slot or more bag space, does that carry from character to character (and into open beta and initial release)?

Sorry for the questions, just want to check if it's worth getting into the game now or waiting a few months. :p

KKRT00

Fair enough. If you use the points you get for pre-purchase to buy a new character slot or more bag space, does that carry from character to character (and into open beta and initial release)?

Sorry for the questions, just want to check if it's worth getting into the game now or waiting a few months. :p

Yes, they will carry to open beta and retail. The stash is shared between leagues like in D3, so HC has different shared stash then default, but both have more slots if You bought expansions.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I started playing this last night...I figured I'd play for an hour or two and stop. Next thing I know, it's 1:30 am and I've been going for like, 4 hours.

While I won't say D3 is a bad game (because really, it's not...It's just not what I was expecting), PoE fits everything I wanted and more. I definitely think this is what D3 should have been. It feels like a mating between D2:LoD and TQ:IT. REALLY amazing game.

KKRT00

Wait until August when we get:

-New Endgame
-PvP (Arena and Duells)
-Voice Acting
-Act 3
-Swap between Weapon Slots
-Trading Options

and many other things :D
And then guild support with guild stashes or ability to create Your own leagues [like for example Cutthroat lite or just private GAF ladder ;)].
But i'm really waiting for weapon swapping, it will change pacing and builds drastically :)

BTW Chris on PoE's board has this in signature

maps.png

Yep, those are maps for end-game content.

KKRT00

Weapon swapping would open up a CRAZY amount of customization holy cow...

And maps got end game? What's that mean?

We still dont know, but probably something like in Torchlight that You have maps/scrolls that generate new unique instances. What is crazy about this, is that You will be able to upgrade theirs quality with special orbs.

syko de4d

We still dont know, but probably something like in Torchlight that You have maps/scrolls that generate new unique instances. What is crazy about this, is that You will be able to upgrade theirs quality with special orbs.

Not ONLY Quality, if u read the Tooltip from "Cartographer´s Chisel" u can read the line: Has greater effect on lower rarity Maps

RARITY... the Maps will have Quality and Rarity. Maybe we will see a 20% Quality Unique Map... no idea how this will work.
Sounds like Torchlight/Mythos Maps System + much customization.

And yes, weapon swap will bring many new Builds like a Duelist which uses a bow and sword with Shield.

edit: yeahe this post is post number 1000 in this Thread :D

Top Bottom